Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pingaan's guide to raiding

Hey!

With the release date announced I have decided to re-post this guide once more, to hopefully help better browsing the sheet with less questions asked.
    This is both for you and for me in terms of saving time.
    The name of this topic is marely to point out that the sheet is under my supervision, the info itself has been discussed upon and fetched from every corner of the interwebs. Special thanks to the <Noctum> crew for helping me out and thank you everyone else who has contributed!

- First off, I'd like to point out that it is highly recommended for all players to have engineering (gnomish or goblin,
    doesn't matter) as a second profession. The reason for this is simply because it is the only profession with true perks in
    vanilla WoW, throughout the whole game. It s really helpful in both PvE- and PvP situtions.
    - There are links throughout the whole sheet, which pop up on the computer when you mouse-over the cell. On your
    phone/table, you need to tap the cell twice to get up a menu with the links.
    - Everything in this guide covers the viable and partially viable PvE specs. To define partially viable, I mean hybrid
    classes that deal damage but are able to step up and heal/tank if needed during the encounter. I know that some of the
    specs in the sheet is not considered to be viable in terms of outputting high enough DPS or TPS. But to be fair, to be able to clear
    the game you don't have to min/max. This sheet is meant to be used by the community and not only the top tier raiding players.
    - While the "best-in-slot" section of this sheet contains the utter most best item for each slot, it is highly unlikely to get
    anywhere close to having this equipment. The only stage where it is remotely possible is phase 6. Therefore I
    recommend you to compose your own set off lists using the links embedded in the avatar class pictures at the top of the
    sheet. Every "BiS"-item collected should be considered a bonus.
    - On the "Equipment & enchants" sub-sheet you find that some items are bracketed and plus symbols appear. Bracketed
    items are items that are the actual BiS-items, but which are close to unobtainable to the average player. Curly bracketed
    items are legendary items; items that are above all else. Cells that contains a + symbol indicates usage of multiple
    trinkets that are swapped between mid-fight using feign death (hunter) and vanish (rogue). "+ ..." indicates usage of
    random passive trinket when you're done with the usable trinkets.

There are three sub-sheets in this sheet:
    1. Raid encounters and guides
    This sheet contains all the raid encounters in the game, with links on info/lore for each boss, links to tactical guides
    to each boss, as well as links to guides on how to get attuned for each raid dungeon.
    2. Buffs & consumables
    Here all buffs and consumables for each class/specc are listed. The ones you do not see here are not here
    because they do not stack with the listed.
    3. Equipment & enchants
    The sheet contains every “best-in-slot” item for every stage (from release to Naxxramas) for every
    viable and partially viable specc, with the best possible enchant for each slot. There is also a bonus sheet
    containing various resistance items for each class in preparation for upcoming raid dungeons, as well as AoE-tanking
    items.

Guide to use the sheet:
    https://i.imgur.com/3I8QL3z.png

Link to guide:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The sheet will be updated with future Blizzard announcements and patches.

Use the sheet as you wish and do not hesitate to leave feedback or post if you have any questions, alt. contact me on Discord - pingaan#5396.

Link to original posts:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...)(all-classes)

Last updated:
    21 Aug (2019)

Changelog:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

F.A.Q.
    I won't add PvP "BiS"-lists

Extras:
    To top this up I would like to do some PR for our guild. We are a setup of mature ppl with a solid core on about 30 raiders. Many of us are family guys, but with a past vast experience in high-end raiding. Personally, I am one of the founders of Ad Noctum/Kreml High (vanilla-WotLK) and I have been acting as the guild master of this recent settlement. Along with players from past Nihilum, Method, Glamuor, Nightmares Asylum, Forte and more we have managed to create a laid-back guild with great atmosphere and decent raiding. We raid only twice a week and we raid hard! Keep and eye out for <Noctum> on the EU servers. We WILL be there!

If you are interested in our guild please send me a PM on either these forums or Discord (pingaan#5396).

I’ll happily invite you to our private Discord server for you to get a feel.

Like my work? Thank me by donating a few dollars. Paypal: paypal.me/pingaan Bitcoin: 3A7AjceRTkJNdNWYqzg1ZUgNfLgoEf1p11

Best regards,
    Pingaan.
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-08-21 at 08:17 PM.

aww is the bis list only for druids?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    aww is the bis list only for druids?

Update: Changed warrior p1 cloak, rogue p6 belt, caster p1/p2 belt, caster/healer p1/p2 gloves, mage p2 cloak and updated a lot on the warlock column.

Update: Changed pp1/2 necks for mages and shamans.

Awesome guide thank you . I can find everything here to make my plan for end game raiding

Cheers, man!

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Changed Lionheart Helm to Mask of the Unforgiven in pp1/2 - Lionheart Helm recipe is a raid drop (silly me).

Thanks for the guide but I have 1 question. How am I suppose to see full list of hunter trinkets in phase 6 with viewer access only?
    I can only see '' Badge of the Swarmguard + Devilsaur Eye + ... '' and ''Slayer's Crest + Earthstrike + Jom Gabbar + ... ''

how can i see the rest in ''+...''

@actn
    Quote Originally Posted by pingowtf View Post
    [Cells that contains a + symbol indicates usage of multiple
    trinkets that are swapped between mid-fight using feign death (hunter) and vanish (rogue). "+ ..." indicates usage of
    random passive trinket when you're done with the usable trinkets.
    There's nothing hidden, it's only a passive trinket of your choice.

Updated the hunter column according to the change in hit, which now is capped at 8%.

Funny.

"*Keep up
    the true Vanilla spirit*, is all I can say to them."

The guilds that actually obtain all this BiS stuff for the best specs and actually use all these consumables will instantly complete the content, get bored and be done with classic right away

These raids just aren't that hard. People completed most of them knowing basically nothing and being awful at the game. I mean even on the first few C'thun kills world they aren't flasking the raid or using elixirs. No one was using consumables like that until Loatheb made them flask the whole raid.

World third C'thun, no consumables until the end when it looks like it's going to die and he pops a flask.

Curse is a world top 5 guild and he's using arcanist robes even though easily obtainable better options exist through crafting.

Just seems to me like bringing a retail mythic raiding mentality to classic won't be very rewarding. Especially since we're even getting an easy version of every raid until Ahn'qiraj with 16 debuff slots and 1.12 talent trees.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-06-04 at 06:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should of put this onto a website really. Much nicer to use for mobile users. Anyway about to fully dig into this, thanks for the post!

PS:
    Are you recurring fully hardcore players only?
    Last edited by Mister K; 2019-06-04 at 12:42 PM.
    -K

@Mister K
    Not at all. A lot of us are hardcore old-timers. This sheet may give the wrong impression, but we're not trying to achieve anything, only raid and have a good time.

Phase 1 Pre-Raid Warrior: The link for Blackcrow is wrong, it goes to the Satyr's Bow.

Update: Corrected bracers prot warrior pp2. Corrected hunter hit.

- - - Updated - - -
    @jetrees
    Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I have extended the sheet to cover rets, prot paladins, enchancement shamans and moonkins.

I have been giving it some thought and I know that the specs may not considered to be viable in terms of outputting high enough DPS or TPS. But to be fair, to be able to clear the game you don't have to min/max. This sheet is meant to be used by the community and not only the top tier raiding players.

Full credit to Reddit user ghettojesusxx for compiling the ret column. My heart couldn't bare to add rets and not the rest which is why I've compsed the enhancement, moonkin and prot paladins myself. I have no experience playing either of the specs, so please help me out if you think they look totally off!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for compiling all the data ! /bow

I don't know why but the first few time i used the sheet i could select a cell and a tooltip would appear with very useful information, that's no longer the case, i can only click on links to wowhead now. Not the most frustrating but a colossal loss of time if you are on mobile or want to check the stats / info on multiple items.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Nice guide, has some info that is incorrect on other sites. One suggestion I have is to provide alternative options to epic BoEs as BiS. I'll be maining a Frost Mage and while yes, having 2 Freezing Bands and Elemental Mage Staff pre-MC would be phenomenal, it's unrealistic to expect to be able to acquire them at all, let alone before something better drops from raids. It also seems to me that the BiS list for Mages is simply going for the highest +frost power possible, while almost entirely ignoring hit chance. Is it not crucial for mages to get 10% hit from their gear to be capped? You only get 2% if using the list in your guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Funny.

These raids just aren't that hard. People completed most of them knowing basically nothing and being awful at the game. I mean even on the first few C'thun kills world they aren't flasking the raid or using elixirs. No one was using consumables like that until Loatheb made them flask the whole raid.

So you think they did not use consumables because they were stupid and did not know those made them stronger?

No, chugging one flask after another was simply not an economically viable strategy, too expensive and/or required too much farming time.

You plan to be buffed up all the time in classic? Well good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    So you think they did not use consumables because they were stupid and did not know those made them stronger?

No, chugging one flask after another was simply not an economically viable strategy, too expensive and/or required too much farming time.

You plan to be buffed up all the time in classic? Well good luck with that.
    You totally missed his point. He said that the raid are easy, and can be done without consummables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Is it not crucial for mages to get 10% hit from their gear to be capped? You only get 2% if using the list in your guide.
    There's almost no spell hit gear available before ZG.