Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    As long as they have at least one server that is indefinitely pure Classic and they can justify the costs, I'd be fine with it.
    And so it begins, lol.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ya, realistically making new content for this is just a bad idea.
    They should be spending any development costs they have on the actual live progression game.

When classic has run its course, release TBC and offer an optional character transfer to a TBC only realm or something.

Otherwise, they would likely have to rebalance the entire game just to make what ever new stuff they release be appropriately difficult for people who have been farming naxx forever AND for people who haven't to have something to actually do.

Where would it even be, if they did make new content?
    Perhaps if Classic WoW explodes again, throwing development recourses at the (failed) live paradigm, is "just a bad idea". The live vs. classic debate is fundamentally one of design philosophy. The live brand is too damaged to backtrack to a classic paradigm if it turns out to be the one that wins out. It would just come across as confused and silly.

I'd love to have a brand new expansion based on vanilla/BC mechanics.

Looks like they finally admit they can't please such a large crowd with one unique WoW.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After all this time it only kicked me NOW.. no belfs :./

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Classic+ would be great but I would honestly prefer TBC+. Or maybe Classic with TBC spec changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    Ah yes, the usual "give more to us and we'll give back". Because trickle down policies have worked so well for WoW since the Activision merger. What an insensitive joke.

Likebait whiteknighting. Blizzard overpromised then shoved as much content as they could behind an eventual paywall, which is standard practice for an authoritarian shark dev.

Hardcore vanilla "fans" have become adults and moved on. Classic will only interest gamers who want to take their gypsy little brother to the museum and show them how horrible MMORPGs used to be.

Blizzard should've shipped Vanilla w/TBC & WOTLK, complete with a level boost, and called it a day.
    I.... played Vanilla and liked it and plan to play both Vanilla and Retail because I like elements from both. I must be so special if everyone else has moved on, right?

Funny some people have been demanding and bitching over a classic server forever and now before its even out some people are already starting talking about adding new content, wouldnt that just ruin the hole idea with a classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    If Blizzard handle Classic WoW similar to how Jagex have handled OSRS, I think that this will turn out okay.
    That's the thing - if they did it right, I'd be interested in seeing it (perhaps as a secondary Classic server type, but not applied to all Classic servers).

But, the dev team they have now is responsible for bringing the game to BfA. If, I mean, Chilton and Kaplan and Metzen and Pardo and the other OG Classic devs came back, maybe, but I really, REALLY don't want current devs working on making new Classic content.

The chances of this happening are slim to none in my opinion. Makes complete sense that BC and Wrath would follow (and hopefully as account copies to those servers, not forced progression for Classic toons), but new 60 content seems unlikely. Interesting, perhaps, but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Any development will take away bodies that could be working on live.

I mean how hard would new content be? If it was tough, it would just be that much more required to stack optimal classes and farm raid buffs, and if it isn't, why spend developer resources on something that will be crushed in to oblivion in the first hour?
    Classic is an entirely separate team from retail.

Brace yourselfs for hordes of players of both camps accusing blizzard of taking their sub money to further the development costs of a version of the game they have no interest in playing, if they are gonna do "Classic Patches/Expansions".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Blizzard's response to additional level 60 content for Classic WoW..

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans. If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

- Patrick Dawson, Production Director Classic WoW

Source:
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/b...ew-impressions
    That was in regard to whether or not they'd do TBC or Wrath, not "new max level content for Classic WoW".

If they do it like runescape this could be good. Probably better than to let servers die once naxx is out.

Regardless if they do it or not i will have fun in classic anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

As for splitting dev team, this isnt a problem. If blizzard decide to do classic exclusive content, it will be because they expect it to be profitable. So it actually mean more devs and ressources.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Even as a non-classic enthusiast, this is really one of the things that really... want me to play classic.

And new content would also want me to play classic too. What i would really like to see is maybe some more 10 man dungeons and a daily ID-Unlock like UBRS had that you can totally pug it. This is really i miss from the classic-times: UBRS, Raids with an daily unlock and being able to pug them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    As for splitting dev team, this isnt a problem. If blizzard decide to do classic exclusive content, it will be because they expect it to be profitable. So it actually mean more devs and ressources.
    Nobody said that it will be classic exclusive. Probably will be, but i can live in a world where classic-content might come out for retail too. Because i don't believe that retail is doomed; they simply need to create good content and create good classes, not pruning them AND not creating crappy content like pure world quest crap.

Look at Suramar: one of the BEST questing experiences and zones we ever had. The patch-content after this was crappy for sure, but suramar alone was really one of the big milestones of WoW. And the only zone where the World quests actually made sense and were also there to continue the story of the zone.

To have such content for classic might be hard to accomplish, but it's by far not impossible. And even having them for both is possible too. I think that Mechagon is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-05-15 at 06:12 PM.

Like a new raid after Naxx? Still 60, just better gear, because we know how new raid without absolutely better gear are never well received. I'm not sure the stats of a full Tier 3 character, but I fell like better gear on top of this will put some class close to avoidance, mana regen or crit cap.

Same mechanic? Because face it, 80% of the mechanic in vanilla is dispel and threat fight.
    Harder then Naxx? Naxx already sound like a raid only a few % will have access, even on classic, do you want to shave a big % of this little % even more, since how catch up mechanic do not fit Classic, you would need to be naxx geared to go forward.

An other raid with only 5 dps spec, 1 tank? Because face it, if hybrid dps start to fall behind in AQ, imagine how useless they will be at that point.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Don't know how I feel about this. If it's just content like dungeon's raids, I guess its fine but I'd rather they just continue this remaster to tBC and eventually Wrath.

Classic will be an amazing experience for many but I don't see much value in adding more to a version that contains many design flaws (class and game related).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Look, this is most likely the way it will play out.

They're going to gate content for about two/two-and-a-half years. After people clear Naxx by around somewhere in late-ish 2021/early 2022, Blizzard will sit on the concept of investing in more content for around I'd say maybe a year. After that, if they see people are still playing Classic (and perhaps even a little more important, playing Classic as opposed to the main game) then they'll do it.

Which means that at earliest we'll probably get new WoW Classic major content by around 2023? This assumes they go with a 'realistic' content gate (which they may not) and assumes they (shareholders and the board) wait until the last second to feel safe in green lighting giving the project extra money to develop more content. They could make a call to add more major raids and stuff within the first few months of Classic, and could choose to release gated raids on a faster schedule, but this would be abnormal given the safer/slower alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Brace yourselfs for hordes of players of both camps accusing blizzard of taking their sub money to further the development costs of a version of the game they have no interest in playing, if they are gonna do "Classic Patches/Expansions".
    So what? Under that logic you might as well complain they use WoW revenue to fund other projects that you have no interest in, but no one really does that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Do not underestimate China or the influence it has over Blizzard. If enough Chinese people play the game and bitch on the forums for Blood Elves you can bet your fucking ass Blizzard will probably cave to it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Any development will take away bodies that could be working on live.

I mean how hard would new content be? If it was tough, it would just be that much more required to stack optimal classes and farm raid buffs, and if it isn't, why spend developer resources on something that will be crushed in to oblivion in the first hour?
    Well, obviously you wouldn't hold his breath lmao, that's something only he/she can do. Jokes aside, I thought the Classic development team is a different team? The designers may be the same but then again there are not so many things to design considering it's a remake, relative to Modern WoW. Furthermore, why would the new content be crushed into oblivion by the first hour exactly? It's literally new content, it may as well be really hard in comparison to Naxx and others while keeping the Classic feels. Finally, if it's profitable for them, I don't see why they wouldn't invest resources into Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Classic+ would be great but I would honestly prefer TBC+. Or maybe Classic with TBC spec changes.
    Classic with tBC changes and Wrath's hybrid fix (helping out pallys and shamans).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Damn..I think you are onto something. As others pointed out:

"WoW killed itslef with its lack of freedom. What's an RPG with so much constraint??? "
    "World of Warcraft was already dead. It was already at rock bottom because Blizzard designed the end-game so horribly. "
    "more and more people are quitting and soon it will enter negative growth and unless they do something drastic will die like so many other MMOs "
    "I just canceled my account, I wont be coming back hopefully"
    "IMO what killed Wow were the patches that added new 40 man dungeons, thus making gear the only way to progress in the game."
    "...it will be officially dead when Warhammer rolls in. Maybe even Age of Conan."

Ooops..caught those last two lines? Read it again. Yup...EVERYTHING I quoted was from a 12 year old thread - https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-m...-wow-25902237/ - which currently gives me the most joy to repost.

Forum posters are awesome. They predicted the future so long ago. I wonder why Blizzard even bothered with new x-pacs.
    Thanks for finding that old post! I think a lot of what they were saying is pretty accurate.
    Like check this comment out:
    "Actually Blizz did a great job with TBC, they showed that they have really improved their questing. Actually I think expansions in general killed WoW. Now all they do is focus on endgame and they've left everything below level 58 to stagnate. The game just isn't fun anymore, and its not worth grinding your way through days of old content just to enjoy the newer stuff. I'm sure the hardcore players loved it, but not casual players like myself who just can't spend hours a day for several months killing mobs just to keep up with the level caps. They need to go back and redo some of the lower level areas and add more varied places to level. I mean, they admitted it themselves when they were making Elwynn Forest they could only do 3 types of quests: Kill X Monsters, Collect X Items, and Bring Item X to Character Y. They need to go back and add stuff like Murloc invasions or at least something scripted. And maybe some more graphical detail aswell.

Basically my point is they aren't going to attract any new customers when they are forcing them to play through content that is several years old just to get to something new. It wasn't the expansion itself that killed WoW, I personally think it was Wrath that killed it, even though its not out yet, at least TBC offered new races and starting areas. All Wrath adds is a new class for the people who have already played the game for years or have absolutely no life."

Murloc invasions! lol good stuff, he was ahead of his time with that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    That was in regard to whether or not they'd do TBC or Wrath, not "new max level content for Classic WoW".
    ^^This^^

There is NO WAY they are adding to classic. ZERO chance.
    Now maybe and it is a long shot, maaaybe they would do an expansion to fork off classic but that is a stretch and highly unlikely. I think it is a given they will do TBC and WotLK and do a character copy similar to PTR to migrate your toons over and still have them complete in previous expansion.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Azshara Crater, Grim Batol, QuelThalas, anything else?
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon