Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    High Elfs got rid of beliving into Elune right after they sailed over to the Eastern Kingdoms. Exposure to humans is a very recent thing, I think they belived into the sun instead of the moon, but not sure about that.
    Silvermoon is a name to honor Elune. They given up on worshipping Elune later.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Good question, actually. The abandonment of loa worship as the elves turned from trollhood could be an interesting thing to explore.

Since we're going to one of the earliest elven societies next patch, how about some Archaeology items on that theme, Blizzard? We haven't got any good archaeology stuff this expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't necessarily serve The Light, they still serve themselves. The Sin'dorei are beings that grasp at power and The Light being the one that saved them from certain destruction from Fel corruption and madness was the most notable event in their History, a power that truly saved them. So why wouldn't they change? They've changed to Arcane, then to Fel and then again to The Light

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of elf religion, aren't Ancients just dark troll/night elf Loa?
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Speaking of elf religion, aren't Ancients just dark troll/night elf Loa?
    They're all wild gods, as well as the August Celestials in Pandaria and they would all be considered loa by trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Elune was probably considered a Loa until the Kaldorei transitioned to full-time worship of the Moon.
    The Lun'alai are seen as weird after all
    She was never... the night elves did not know of Elune till the Well of Eternity was being studied and the titan objects and chambers they discovered, Elune, Kalimdor, are all titan names they learned.

The night elves carry nothing from troll traditions into their new elven state. The only thing they have with trolls is the lore that states they were dark trolls transformed y the well. We dont know if this was active through a few years, or whether they fell into a deep sleep and were transformed.

It makes sense it is the former, but we just dont know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Were the Highbourne reverent though?
    Some were .. as Primce Farondis' lot show and Occuleth fondly remembering the Prayers to Elune in the Temple at Falanaaer ascending. However Queen Azshara at some stage had issues with the Order, I t
    Wouldnt be surorised if she came to consider herself a rival or successor to Elune..,I wouldntbesurprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    They acknowledge Elune but never worship her.Same with Azshara.
    Altho that doesntmean much, you can believe in a deity, even worship, but not be devoted, the priest order are devoted, the druids for example are not. They may acknowledge Elune as the only true Goddess, but they are reverent to the spirit of Aessina and the demi-gods andwild gods, while the highborne and Moonguard are devoted to the arcane, the Illidari devoted to Fel

5+ Year Old Account
    Well they turned away from Elune, so the light pairs with their new solar alignment. As others said before, they're closer to the Draenei in belief system but refer to the light/sun as the tauren do. I doubt they believe in an actual sun god or in the sun itself, but they do believe in the power the symbol represents.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    She was never... the night elves did not know of Elune till the Well of Eternity was being studied and the titan objects and chambers they discovered, Elune, Kalimdor, are all titan names they learned.

The night elves carry nothing from troll traditions into their new elven state. The only thing they have with trolls is the lore that states they were dark trolls transformed y the well. We dont know if this was active through a few years, or whether they fell into a deep sleep and were transformed.
    There's evidence the worship of Elune was not something done from one day to another, but there was an actual transition:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Crumbling_...nial_Vestments

As I said before, the Lun'alai worship something that is heavily implied to be the moon as the other trolls consider their matron to not be a loa.
    These kind of beliefs might've been the origin of the future Kaldorei in worshipping the moon and then Elune
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.