Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgarde View Post
    Den of Geek interview:
    When asked if new level 60 content after Naxxramas could be developed, such as new 40 man raids, the team said anything is on the table and this is a love letter to fans. If the fans desire it, it will be considered. There are no plans as of now, but that bridge will be crossed when they get there.

    GameReactor interview:
    Ion Hazzikostas and Calia Shie both explained how changes to the overall concept and the addition of new content were out of the question since once altered that would make a Classic server something else entirely.


    Small indy company. I would assume they don't talk to each other in there. No wonder WoW is now a massive cluster*** if their own developer can't publicly agree towards each other. Amazing !
    It's not really a contradiction. They can release B.C. or Wrath servers and leave Classic servers alone. There's no law that says that additional content releases have to directly connect to vanilla.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  2. #42
    The Patient steristumpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    297
    Over 90% of you will be rushing to install Diablo Immortal when it hits. You know it,
    I know it, even Jon Snow knows it. Stop pretending. Stop the feigned outrage. Everyone sees through your bullshit.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    #Garithoswasright
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's not really a contradiction. They can release B.C. or Wrath servers and leave Classic servers alone. There's no law that says that additional content releases have to directly connect to vanilla.
    I really hope Classic stays Classic. It's own bubble.

  4. #44
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    I really hope Classic stays Classic. It's own bubble.
    Yeah, me too. Classic Server. B.C. Server. Wrath Server. All separate from one another. So both quotes that are in dispute can be true. They can add to their legacy stuff without necessarily disturbing Classic 1-60.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Over 90% of you will be rushing to install Diablo Immortal when it hits. You know it,
    I know it, even Jon Snow knows it. Stop pretending. Stop the feigned outrage. Everyone sees through your bullshit.
    Nearly a year's worth of drama over a press/convention announcement that was not made in the right place or time. Yeah, it's over-reacting at its best.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  5. #45
    Stood in the Fire Isoge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    419
    Wait, pride? No, people despise mobile games due to the shitty monetization schemes, p2w crap that all current mobile games are riddled with. Pride has nothing to do with it.

  6. #46
    When asked if new level 60 content after Naxxramas could be developed, such as new 40 man raids, the team said anything is on the table and this is a love letter to fans. If the fans desire it, it will be considered. There are no plans as of now, but that bridge will be crossed when they get there.
    It's good to see Brian Birmingham and Patrick Dawson actually care about the fan base unlike Ion "out of the question" Hazzikostas.

  7. #47
    The original unarmored mounts from Classic were discussed, but ultimately it was decided not to bring them back in Classic...
    This makes me really sad... I missed them the first time around, was hoping to at least have a shot at them in Classic.

  8. #48
    Limited numbers of invites but dickheads like shroud get it over loyal fans.. feels good to support blizzard

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgarde View Post
    Den of Geek interview:
    When asked if new level 60 content after Naxxramas could be developed, such as new 40 man raids, the team said anything is on the table and this is a love letter to fans. If the fans desire it, it will be considered. There are no plans as of now, but that bridge will be crossed when they get there.

    GameReactor interview:
    Ion Hazzikostas and Calia Shie both explained how changes to the overall concept and the addition of new content were out of the question since once altered that would make a Classic server something else entirely.


    Small indy company. I would assume they don't talk to each other in there. No wonder WoW is now a massive cluster*** if their own developer can't publicly agree towards each other. Amazing !
    Sounds more like a reading comprehension issue.


    The first quote says once classic has run its course and is going to die off because the final set of content has been farmed to death, they might end up adding new content to keep it alive.

    The second quote says they aren't going to stick new content in randomly while classic is still classic. Like a new raid between MC and Naxx is not happening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Mistake.

    If people want these rewards, why can't they be accessible?

    There are dedicated pet collectors who'd love these rewards. You were able to get old collector's edition rewards a few months ago when Blizzard had an old game sale...so why can't they bring them back for the 15th anniversary? It's dumb.
    Sounds like you have no idea what a collectors edition is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Ha don't make me laugh, people wanted Hearthstone on Mobile because it fit as well as a quick way to deal with their Garrison and that was it. No one has been clamoring for Starcraft, Overwatch or Diablo on a phone and even less WoW in it's entirety.

    Oh wait let me laugh even harder. HAHAHAHA

    Let me guess, you think Asians aren't real people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    In this case, it's not just "releasing games outside of PC", it's "releasing games not on PC at all". They don't seem to understand that fact.
    Due to the populations of China and South Korea, there are more players who want Blizzard games on mobile than PC. Perhaps Blizzard should listen to the majority of players and stop making PC games.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yeah, me too. Classic Server. B.C. Server. Wrath Server. All separate from one another. So both quotes that are in dispute can be true. They can add to their legacy stuff without necessarily disturbing Classic 1-60.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Nearly a year's worth of drama over a press/convention announcement that was not made in the right place or time. Yeah, it's over-reacting at its best.

    Probably won't be separate. Classic will be dead in 4 years, best case scenario. They'll run through all the classic content, you'll have full BIS everything on all your alts and the AH will be run by people with more gold than you can ever hope to achieve.

    So, by 4 years from now, they either need to be upgrading the classic servers to TBC, adding new level 60 content or shutting them down. Ion just knows there is no point in talking about that future state until we get classic launched and see how it goes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    Wait, pride? No, people despise mobile games due to the shitty monetization schemes, p2w crap that all current mobile games are riddled with. Pride has nothing to do with it.
    Uh huh, that's why people were also butthurt about Diablo 3 on consoles right? Because consoles are known to be P2W?

    And who really cares if there is a P2W mobile game coughHearthstonecough that funds future development of Warcraft content?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  10. #50
    The Patient Ragu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lone Oak, TX
    Posts
    329
    Some devs: not ruling out the possibility of classic content evolution based on player base and commitment.

    Ion: NO. You got your precious classic. Now go play World of Warcraft: The Three Kingdoms.

  11. #51
    Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    12,568
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Due to the populations of China and South Korea, there are more players who want Blizzard games on mobile than PC. Perhaps Blizzard should listen to the majority of players and stop making PC games.
    If they want to lose their entire audience in the West and all the good will they've garnered for over two decades, sure. However, if they realize that this is a bad idea, and that tearing your roots up to try and milk some far-flung profits isn't wise, then they'll try to find a balance.

    My suggestion? Just open a separate Blizzard HQ for Asia that focuses solely on Mobile games. They can port/localize them to the West as well, if they think it'll make them money (similar to what they currently do with their PC games for non-English speaking countries).

  12. #52
    I honestly don't understand the outcry about Diablo Immortal. It clearly has a market in Asia, at least, and probably in Blizzard's other major market areas as well. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was outraged as hell when they announced it, but that was mostly because they'd teased Diablo 4 so much, and then got on stage at the freakin' keynote, as the final reveal in the presentation...and then handed us a mobile knockoff of D3 that really amounts mostly to a Blizzard-themed reskin of an existing mobile game. My outrage was almost exclusively confined to how, where, and when they decided to reveal the game, not the game itself. The game is clearly a good business move, and the fact that they are largely outsourcing development is also a good sign, in my mind, since it clearly shows they aren't pivoting their overall company strategy towards mobile games (at least, yet).

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    If they want to lose their entire audience in the West and all the good will they've garnered for over two decades, sure. However, if they realize that this is a bad idea, and that tearing your roots up to try and milk some far-flung profits isn't wise, then they'll try to find a balance.

    My suggestion? Just open a separate Blizzard HQ for Asia that focuses solely on Mobile games. They can port/localize them to the West as well, if they think it'll make them money (similar to what they currently do with their PC games for non-English speaking countries).
    There already is a separate Asia developer, as mentioned in the OP here that you apparently haven't read.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  14. #54
    Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    12,568
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    There already is a separate Asia developer, as mentioned in the OP here that you apparently haven't read.
    NetEase? NetEase isn't a part of Blizzard. I mean an official Blizzard HQ, separate from this one, focused purely on developing things in mind for an Asian market.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Adreth View Post
    This makes me really sad... I missed them the first time around, was hoping to at least have a shot at them in Classic.
    Yeah, I was too slow getting gold to buy the original epic mounts, and getting an unarmored Palamino was something I was looking forward to in Classic A regret for like 14 years.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    This has been the question I've been waiting to hear an answer to for some time. While I don't want them to extend their hand and have their arm torn off I hope that this will allow them to gracefully extend these classic experiences in to TBC and WotLK. I'm not crazy about vanilla but if they were to bring out a TBC server then that would be incredible.
    I'd love a Pandaria server...

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    NetEase? NetEase isn't a part of Blizzard. I mean an official Blizzard HQ, separate from this one, focused purely on developing things in mind for an Asian market.
    That isn't how businesses work.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  18. #58
    Not white-knighting in the slightest, but I love how the "no changes" crowd completely forget how things were in classic, and yes 1.12 is still considered classic. While there is things implemented (auto-loot), there are very, very few things of substance that Blizzard has changed. I actually give them a shitload of credit with just how much they are sticking to the "this was like this in 1.12, so yea".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •