Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I keep seeing people posting about Saurfang lying to Thrall, yet 2 fucking Undead Rogues attacked him. Last I checked, the Undead
    aren't friends with Saurfang right now, and he has NOTHING to gain from lying to Thrall, so could you guys please not keep harping
    on that? It's beyond retarded.

That was when he had drunk the blood of Mannoroth, and was under a demonic influence.

There's a scene in Borean Tundra where Saurfang tells Garrosh what happened when the Orcs attacked the Draenei,
    and how once Mannorth's influence was gone, a lot of the old Orcs were horrified and suicidal for committing so
    many attrocities.

It was Saurfang who helped them, and even he himself says he doesn't eat pork anymore, because it reminds him
    of the sound the children make.

Of course, if you actually knew anything about the lore, you'd already know this.

Which you don't.

Yeah because a war veteran like Saurfang who has a lifetime of combat experience in tactics and warfare couldn't
    possibly know anything about stealth, hunting, and/or tracking. I mean what would someone who's had the title/rank
    of General know anything about that stuff?

Nope. How unrealistic.

The issue people have and why they say Saurfang lied is because he stood there bantering with Thrall about how the Horde needs him instead of going “Thrall, there’s assassins here to kill you!”
    It’s either great storytelling with Saurfang being a liar to convince Thrall to help his vision or terrible fucking writing in priorities.

That said, I remember people posting about Syl being under the Old Gods influence, but I’m beginning to think it is Saurfang. If we think about it, he let Malfurion live and told 2 NE leaders to not go back to the tree to avoid their death even more, creating dissension amongst the Horde while casting doubt on the Warchief and causing her to burn the tree to attempt the same effect Mal’s death would have caused.
    He then starts showing unease with Syl, who has already pointed out how vulnerable the Horde is to an Alliance attack and why she has to use such underhanded and despicable tactics and starts recruiting people to his cause.
    He then goes for Thrall and, again either great writing or fucking terrible, spends time bantering about how the Horde needs him and then tells Thrall he tracked assassins to Thrall to get him to join.
    Saurfang could easily be corrupted and causing dissension in the ranks to weaken the Horde further.
    Now, I’m not saying Syl is justified and I do believe her acts are truly heinous, but at the same time somewhat justified tactics being done by a weaker army in attempts to crush your enemies spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s either great storytelling with Saurfang being a liar to convince Thrall to help his vision or terrible fucking writing in priorities.
    This kind of reasoning is what makes me wish I never read this thread in the first place. It's not always black and white. You don't have to hate if you don't love. You don't have to rate 0 if you don't rate 10. Things can be subjective, opinions can differe and things can be different than what your interpretation is. Quite frankly, the vast majority here seem to be too blatantly stupid to understand that. The immediate response seems to be crying "bad writing" the moment you either disagree with something or fail to understand the big picture.

And no, I'm not telling you that you have to think it's good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    This kind of reasoning is what makes me wish I never read this thread in the first place. It's not always black and white. You don't have to hate if you don't love. You don't have to rate 0 if you don't rate 10. Things can be subjective, opinions can differe and things can be different than what your interpretation is. Quite frankly, the vast majority here seem to be too blatantly stupid to understand that. The immediate response seems to be crying "bad writing" the moment you either disagree with something or fail to understand the big picture.

And no, I'm not telling you that you have to think it's good writing.
    I’m not sure you understand what I typed out. As stated, if it was Saurfang lying to Thrall then it’s a nice piece of storytelling as it shows him being deceitful in an attempt to get Thrall to join his cause as clearly no sane, rational person would spend time having a normal conversation while knowing full well there are assassins around meant to kill you and the person you are talking to, while not tipping them off or being cautious yourself.
    The flip side is that if it’s not a lie by Saurfang then the writing is god awful as that’s exactly what he’s doing. Knowing full well there are people there to harm someone just to casually walk amongst the fields and admire the wheat before casually talking about problems you have with someone else makes no sense.
    Even if you try to say that Saurfang did know they were there and thought they were only reconasaince then he would know to be more stealthy so as not to be seen or still tip off Thrall they were being spied on.
    In the end, great writing or terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggers69 View Post
    Interesting turn. I always find it funny when I read comments saying "bad writing" from gamers. It is not your story. Dont feel it is right? Write your own story.
    When it comes to products that one pays for (this video wasn't paid for, but playing the game is) - one should NEVER use "do it better yourself" as it just makes you look bad.

Is it just me or was the dialogue super cringy?

"I followed them"
    When I heard that, I was like oh man... that was awful.

I did really like the rogues though! That was super cool to see

Cool cinematic . But where is doom hammer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Cool cinematic . But where is doom hammer ?
    Are... are you serious? We just went over this at the end of Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Calaim View Post
    Are... are you serious? We just went over this at the end of Legion...
    No it’s a valid question. They weren’t destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    No it’s a valid question. They weren’t destroyed
    Thrall executed Garrosh and the elements abandoned Thrall, much of which was channeled through Doomhammer. Doomhammer was then given to the player character shaman, who in the end used its powers to remove the corruption of Sargeras sword, rendering it useless.

It would basically be completely useless to him. The reason he uses Garrosh's weapon is because, before he was a shaman, Thrall was a warrior. He is one. That and it probably serves as a reminder, among other things.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    That was when he had drunk the blood of Mannoroth, and was under a demonic influence.

It was a fond memory he was reminiscing just before they marched on teldrassil, so that excuse does not exist.

Why don't they make a Warcraft movie that looks like this?

Quote Originally Posted by AbeAbeAbe View Post
    Why don't they make a Warcraft movie that looks like this?
    They already did years ago? That's where they get all these detailed cinematics that they've been making since WoD launch trailer. The warcraft movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Hurrdurr Sylvanas is evul hurrrrrrrrrr

original story

dead game
    Oh but I thought she wasn't evil? So many or her knights said she wasn't, defended her to hell and back that she wasn't this evil being....that she was just misunderstood.

Tbh I cannot think of a character I am less excited to see.

Also why do the orcs have big fat jowls?

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Thrall executed Garrosh and the elements abandoned Thrall, much of which was channeled through Doomhammer. Doomhammer was then given to the player character shaman, who in the end used its powers to remove the corruption of Sargeras sword, rendering it useless.

It would basically be completely useless to him. The reason he uses Garrosh's weapon is because, before he was a shaman, Thrall was a warrior. He is one. That and it probably serves as a reminder, among other things.

That’s not Gorehowl or Xal’atoh. Or the 1-handed the used in WotLK

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Trom'ka warchief. we've missed you so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would upload these cinematics in 4K. The Screenshots have higher res than the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I miss something? When did Saurfang escape / get let go?

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would have shot the cinematic during night time. Badass cinematic tho!