Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    ? https://www.wowhead.com/quest=26799/...uldnt-be-saved (see the mindless zombie)
    forsakens are zombies, there was even a similar quest in vanilla

and i meant that these veins are standard representation of zombies and reanimated corpses, with resident evil being a notable example (the two are basically identical)
    They are also a standard representation of corruption. Have blizzard portrayed their zombies in such exaggerated veiny manner before? Can't recall, asked you if you did, didn't answer that though. They definitely didn't in the earlier cinematics. Thing is the cinematics team are great when it comes to details and I don't think they would suddenly "lets go generic veiny look but exaggerate it" for shit and giggles.

Also I disagree on them being identical...veins are veins, so pattern is similar, RE ones are toned down, while the ones in the cinematic are dark just like in any movie where they have corrupted blood or gets infected by something.

To me it doesn't look like a "zombie".
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-15 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It would appear Sylvanas is liquidating possible sources of dissent proactively, meaning the assassins were there for Thrall and not Saurfang - at least so long as you take Saurfang at his word.
    Honestly, it doesnt really make sense for them to attack the orcs. Instead of getting a 1v2 they get evened odds. They had to have heard that thrall was gonna sit it out. Of course none of this will actually be useful info going forward. They want bad writing to permeate everywhere, even in places that it shouldnt be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Sylvanas's enemy is "hope", it's been pretty obvious she wants to snuff it out entirely.
    Thrall gives people hope. So it makes sense she hunts him down.
    I don't know why people who clearly haven't read the mini-stories bother commenting on this sort of thing.

Sylvanas wanted to remove hope for the Alliance, to discourage the individual factions. That way they're start being just race-groups and not a faction, so each one can be dealt with individually.

She specifically said she wanted to make peace with each race, but that might actually mean kill the hell out of until they can't fight back.

I guess breaking the hope of traitors is acceptable? But I'm pretty sure she'd be smart enough to know that killing Thrall is a bad move.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    To me it looks like rapid corruption or rapid undeath, like they were living not long ago. Don't think blizzards undeads have ever shown blood and the wound under the eye doesn't even look old nor that dried out. Almost as if they should appear being forsaken.
    Maybe sylvanas forced them to inject raw, unrefined EVIL ? Or even worse, first turned EVIL into suppository and then forced them to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I don't know why people who clearly haven't read the mini-stories bother commenting on this sort of thing.

Sylvanas wanted to remove hope for the Alliance, to discourage the individual factions. That way they're start being just race-groups and not a faction, so each one can be dealt with individually.

She specifically said she wanted to make peace with each race, but that might actually mean kill the hell out of until they can't fight back.

I guess breaking the hope of traitors is acceptable? But I'm pretty sure she'd be smart enough to know that killing Thrall is a bad move.
    Saurfang wanted to make peace by war (....), Sylvanas wanted to rob everyone of their hope and throw them into despair, because that's what war is for. She even smirks at the Horde soldiers that have been burned alive, because she perceives this as a success of her strategy to make everyone go batshit crazy and commit unthinkable atrocities. Her foremost thought in this is, how she can succeed in this with Saurfang, because so far he has proven resistant. So... no, not only Alliance. Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Maybe sylvanas forced them to inject raw, unrefined EVIL ? Or even worse, first turned EVIL into suppository and then forced them to take it.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they did write that. Could also be an indication that she infact does rob new forsaken of their free will. Which also works with the current writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sylvanas fans unhappy? I thought you were on board with the 'evil for the lulz' aka 'morally grey' direction of her Horde. The rest of the Horde is reacting.
    As much as we all dislike MoP 2.0 into N'Zoth, she's going down.
    I don't see any consequences for my "wrong doing". At the end of all this I will still be the champion. No one cares that I helped wiped out the Nelves or Plague-Sprayed the alliance. And the end of all of this Tyrande will still give me quests. Because she needs me They all need me.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A still image from Blizzcon will show Ji with a depressed plunger next to him while he is watching an orphanage burn, Blizz will asure us tehre is a different side to the story, and we just need ot wait and see. Following that there will be an elaborate cutscene that shows that not only did Ji blow up the orphanage, but he whispered to every child that Santa didnt exist before he did.

After that there will be a full-length cinematic of Gallywix looking sad to ensure the Horde that not everyone in the Horde agrees with this terrible injustice to the Hordes identity as something other than bloodthirsty savages.

After some complaining from Alliance, we will be assured that the scales will tip back in our favor soon enough, and next we see them, Alliance sets fire to a Horde war camp that openly partook in live vivisection and slavery, Blizz will now claim that Alliance is just as morally grey as the Horde.

Further into the expansion, every patch will be billed as the one where Alliance gets to retaliate, except every time it is preceded by Ji smirking and eating another orphan and puppy kebab while the Horde leaders say nothing.

Thrall will then be brought back again to set things right, and the Alliance will say that next time it is super super serious if they have to spank them again.
    You'll be hired soon™
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    Honestly, it doesnt really make sense for them to attack the orcs. Instead of getting a 1v2 they get evened odds. They had to have heard that thrall was gonna sit it out. Of course none of this will actually be useful info going forward. They want bad writing to permeate everywhere, even in places that it shouldnt be an issue.
    Sylvanas would likely not wish to antagonize Thrall or kill him outright, but she could also not risk Saurfang and Thrall finding common cause (against her) either. Thrall was very obviously sitting it out, but Saurfang was going to bring him back into the fold. I don't think this is "bad writing."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - The Player, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

Looks like she been reading from the necronomicon again *pulls out double barrel shotgun and straps chainsaw to wrist*

Gotta hand it to Sylvie, she sent assassins to Thrall to remove the chance of him coming back. Ruthless bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I don't see any consequences for my "wrong doing". At the end of all this I will still be the champion. No one cares that I helped wiped out the Nelves or Plague-Sprayed the alliance. And the end of all of this Tyrande will still give me quests. Because she needs me They all need me.
    Plague spraying holy goats was the only fun thing in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They are also a standard representation of corruption. Have blizzard portrayed their zombies in such exaggerated veiny manner before? Can't recall, asked you if you did, didn't answer that though. They definitely didn't in the earlier cinematics. Thing is the cinematics team are great when it comes to details and I don't think they would suddenly "lets go generic veiny look but exaggerate it" for shit and giggles.

Also I disagree on them being identical...veins are veins, so pattern is similar, RE ones are toned down, while the ones in the cinematic are dark just like in any movie where they have corrupted blood or gets infected by something.

To me it doesn't look like a "zombie".
    this is literally the first time we see a full picture of a "realistic" forsaken's face. i dont even know if there are other forsaken pictures other than comic ones, where clearly the things arent enough detailed (and most are about alliance anyway).
    and to me these are simply a representation of livor mortis, not corruption, this is why most of the zombies representation have it...

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Looks like she been reading from the necronomicon again *pulls out double barrel shotgun and straps chainsaw to wrist*
    You gonna need more than that against sylvanas most fearsome soldiers - disembodies hands who are trying to shove EVIL suppositories up where sun doesn't shine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Gotta hand it to Sylvie, she sent assassins to Thrall to remove the chance of him coming back. Ruthless bitch.
    Meh, its 3/10 at best. She should had killed his dog. And replace all his seeds with GMO ones so he will upset elements again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Lemme stop you right there, Mike. As a (primarily) Alliance player, I would hate to see Baine become Warchief. Cairne? Cairne, I would've loved to see become Warchief, but Baine? No thank you.
    Well ok, maybe not all Alliance players... but it's gotta be nice to know that the Alliance has puppets within the Horde. Characters who've never actually killed Alliance soldiers, but have actively killed their own.

Horde players wouldn't really know that feeling though, we don't have a sympathetic Alliance race leader who helps us out when we fight the Alliance, but I probably wouldn't like that character if it did happen. When it comes to this kind of story, I strongly like the more nationalistic people who put their own before others.

Meh, its 3/10 at best. She should had killed his dog. And replace all his seeds with GMO ones so he will upset elements again.
    She should have killed Aggra. Then most of the playerbase would unite behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sylvanas would likely not wish to antagonize Thrall or kill him outright, but she could also not risk Saurfang and Thrall finding common cause (against her) either. Thrall was very obviously sitting it out, but Saurfang was going to bring him back into the fold. I don't think this is "bad writing."
    That wouldnt be bad writing. Bad writing is having assassins attack two separate targets at the same exact time when one is waffling about leaving.
    Saurfang: "hey come with me, shes ruining the horde"
    Thrall: "NO"
    Assassins in hiding: "we should attack these two insanely powerful orcs at the same time, waiting a couple minutes til one leaves the other would make things too easy."

Props to the cinematic team. They did a great job bringing the story to life.

Too bad I don't give a single crap about the story. Even as somebody who doesn't hate Saurfang, after a few questlines and 2 previous cinematics, I'm kinda over the whole "Saurfang did bad thing and feels bad." character arc.

Pretty tale about two traitors of which one is a cheater and a coward. Hm ultimately both are cowards. Varys Saurfang changes leaders like Arab Prince changes condoms in kindergarden. Absolutely disgusting character. Given chance he would dethrone himself because of 'muh honor'.
    M-mom? M-m-mommy, p-please d-d-d-don't kill me. I-I rea-lly am not j-just a lump of cells. Pleasssse Mommy.

love nagrand music, looks amazing, but... 'i followed them'.. what?
    that line honestly ruined this amazing video, if they followed him it would been perfect, but sylvanas trying to assassinate thrall, why? sylvanas always respected thrall, why did she go full garrosh ? even garrosh make more sense being garrosh
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power