Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

The Night Elves' New Home?

Hey all.

So I was running around the Stormwind portal room the other day and what did I notice? There is a Night Elf banner above one of the portals. Maybe that's a coincidence, or means nothing, but I'm not so sure about that. It's over Azsuna. The ancient Night Elves do have heritage there. The magical leaning of the place might fit in with the 'dark side of the Moon' theme going on with (possible void-theme) Elune. I just don't think that banner means nothing.

But that made me think of Val'Sharah. Why wouldn't that be used - also? Maybe it will. I remember one of the big WoW YouTubers being utterly confused about this at the time, commenting back in Legion - why would there be Worgen-theme places in Val'Sharah. Blizzard always says they work a few expansions ahead. I just don't think that's coincidental either. Combine that with how immediate and loyal Genn Greymane's reaction was to Tyrande's argument with Kind Anduin recently in BfA. The Worgen are still with the Night Elves. Plus, as the druids point out, it was a druidic corruption anyway. I think they're coming with us to Val'Sharah. That would be 2 zones; which perfectly covers the marriage of Nature and Arcane of the Night Elves (this marriage being discussed repeatedly in earlier lore, playable in-game). That would be 2 Horde zones in the Broken Isles, 2 to the Alliance and one neutral. It actually would be balanced.

I've a strong suspicion - I could be wrong. Although, I said that the Nightborne were going over to the Horde during Legion and people told me I was crazy... (plus Alleria and others keep talking in BfA about 'Silvermoon returning to the Alliance eventually', if I'm throwing it all out there).

Any thoughts on the Night Elf banner above the Azsuna portal and possible move?

Because moving from Kalimdor where it is supposedly “too dangerous because Horde also lives there” and abandoning their ancestral lands to be pillaged by races that have no idea how to properly use resources (aka goblins and their “quality standards” and undead just plainly wasting forests and soil by plaguing and blighting it) and abandoning all hope of being a proper race again to move... into either an age old ruins filled with ghosts stuck in this world or into Nightmare corrupted druidism hub (and there is more to NE then druidism) while settling on an island with two Horde races living there already - Highmountain tauren in Highmountain and “defenders of Azeroth” (aka genocid supporters) Nightborne in Suramar. Yeah sounds like a great (horrible) plan.

I highly doubt Blizz will dedicate the resources to a fully-fleshed new Nelf city. There's no point to it. Any city but Org and SW (and maybe Ironforge) is going to be 90% empty and a ghost town. I could see a nelf-themed area in a future expansion, but not an entire city.

Yeah I think with so many allied races alone, things are becoming very splintered. Capital cities could become just towns.

Particularly because of lore and fantasy I would not choose a human city as a permanent home for a main based on high fantasy.

I don't think there would have to be a lot of building in those zones, the Broken Isles is detail-heavy IMO.

One contradictory piece of evidence I found today - check out the two cities nuked on the map during BfA. One is completely greyed-out, the other isn't. Darnassus is still lit up with an Alliance badge. The Undercity is greyed-out, it looks like Chernobyl. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    I highly doubt Blizz will dedicate the resources to a fully-fleshed new Nelf city. There's no point to it. Any city but Org and SW (and maybe Ironforge) is going to be 90% empty and a ghost town. I could see a nelf-themed area in a future expansion, but not an entire city.
    Unless they're going for a huge rework of zones next expansion. I think it's about that time again that we get another Cataclysm

Whats most likely to me is that they just rework the final alliance-won-darkshore ... remove some of the horde stuff and add more night elf village things... thats anyways how I imagined how they lived before wow came along.

Feralas with Dire Maul being their new city.

Or

Val'sharah

Gilneas revamp 2.0, in the dark forest.

Stood in the Fire
    Most likely scenario... night Elves win Darkshore and agent Ashenvale as level zone. Auberdine, Lor'danel, Bashal Aran or whatever gets fortified to become the city.

Concurrent question: what about a new home for Forsaken?
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Theramore, Underhold, Bilgewater Harbor 2.0, burnt down Ashenvale. Basically anywhere but the EK.

Gilneas for Night Elves and Worgen

The Underhold for Forsaken, or maybe Theramore since it seems like a popular theory, but Theramore doesn't seem large enough, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Gilneas for Night Elves and Worgen

The Underhold for Forsaken, or maybe Theramore since it seems like a popular theory, but Theramore doesn't seem large enough, imo.
    I feel like if they're really pairing Forsaken with Goblins as their nastier/polluting/also refugee buddies after Darkshore they might pull an Azshara 2 and terraform the area into something weird and industrial.

Mechagnome
    Id like to see a proper Kalimdor alliance capital in the center of Ashenvale. Mostly NE architecture including a vast new temple but lots of Gilnean influence mixed in and some Draenic tech maybe the lightforged have more in common with the Sentinels than the regular Draenei. Then this can be the new leveling area in the region ridding the Horde influence and finishing off the Satyr creep. Give some actual motive to the rather disjointed NE leveling experience. Oh and buzzboxes... well maybe not them.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Because moving from Kalimdor where it is supposedly “too dangerous because Horde also lives there” and abandoning their ancestral lands to be pillaged by races that have no idea how to properly use resources (aka goblins and their “quality standards” and undead just plainly wasting forests and soil by plaguing and blighting it) and abandoning all hope of being a proper race again to move... into either an age old ruins filled with ghosts stuck in this world or into Nightmare corrupted druidism hub (and there is more to NE then druidism) while settling on an island with two Horde races living there already - Highmountain tauren in Highmountain and “defenders of Azeroth” (aka genocid supporters) Nightborne in Suramar. Yeah sounds like a great (horrible) plan.
    Broken isles are their ancestral lands, the headquarters of the Order of Elune was Suramar, druidsm was born in Val'sharah, the highest and most advanced centre for arcane magical learning was in Azsuna, and Suramar City is where Tyrande, Illidan, Malfurion, Maiev and Jarod Shadowsong all come from - it is more ancestral than ashenvale to them and their magical orders.

Furthermore, in Kalimdor they are surrounded by orcs and the horde capital, goblins and their super canon, tauren who also have their major capital there. So I'm not sure how you think Broken isles is worse.

At least in the broken isles, they can either take over the 2 horde races there, or strike some sort of arrangement with 2 races they actually have far better relations - the nightborne who are their kin they have a much better chance of getting on with or defeating than the orcs, and the highmountain are there because of Malfurions hand of extension during the WotA, in cooperative tradition with the night elves (the Highmountain tauren do not originate from there) - a far longer tradition and bond with them than they have with the Mulgore Tauren.

Why the frack would it be a terrible idea? It makes a lot of sense and doesn't mean they abandon kalimdor either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    Id like to see a proper Kalimdor alliance capital in the center of Ashenvale. Mostly NE architecture including a vast new temple but lots of Gilnean influence mixed in and some Draenic tech maybe the lightforged have more in common with the Sentinels than the regular Draenei. Then this can be the new leveling area in the region ridding the Horde influence and finishing off the Satyr creep. Give some actual motive to the rather disjointed NE leveling experience. Oh and buzzboxes... well maybe not them.
    Could work. You have a massive temple for priests, a huge forest or garden in the centre or surrounding g for druids, and the actual city buildings that gorgeous night elven architecture we see in Suramar and Zin'Azshari in the warbringers, with astrology towers, courts etc, and this is for the highborne and arcane communities who prefer cities and towns, while druids prefer forests and priests temple.

Right now the many night elf groups are not United in one cause, the broken isle might elves arent with the Darnassians, nor the Illidari nor the nightborne.

One day I would love them to come together, and broken isle, nazjatar and north/western kalimdor, with crsytalsong forest and borean tundra western islands there. The nation ruled by someone like Prince Farondis, though the night elves live on several continents. The priests and Order of Eluneled by Tyrande, she isnt answerable to anyone but Elune, the order is independent of the state. Same with the druids. The cenarion circle and Illidari might be dominated by night elves but it isnt the night elf nations..night elf druids and night elf demon hunters are part of the kaldorei nation as night elves, but are part of their orders as druids and DH/locks - similar to how we have seen in wow.

Their government isnt centralised and works this unique way..

This is where I would like to see them go
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-04-16 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Build a new city on the burned husk of Teldrassil. Maximum salt mode is the only proper way here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Build a new city on the burned husk of Teldrassil. Maximum salt mode is the only proper way here.
    They should gun for Northrend to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They should gun for Northrend to be honest
    It's not a give night elves the lands the horde fans are most comfortable with.

I feel that over the next few expansions, night elves and their related sub races should possess the lands designed after them.

This currently stands at 16 zones as of 8.2. They don't all have to be conflict free or totally occupied by night elves and their related sub races, but they should be established then.

Go to north or western kalimdor, broken isles, crystalson forest in northrend, you should expect to encounter and interact with night elves and their kind.

Greatly expand Nighthaven in the Moonglade or construct a new and fortified city in eastern Ashenvale.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's not a give night elves the lands the horde fans are most comfortable with.

I feel that over the next few expansions, night elves and their related sub races should possess the lands designed after them.

This currently stands at 16 zones as of 8.2. They don't all have to be conflict free or totally occupied by night elves and their related sub races, but they should be established then.

Go to north or western kalimdor, broken isles, crystalson forest in northrend, you should expect to encounter and interact with night elves and their kind.
    Night elves should use the pillars of creation to raise some sundered land close to the eastern kingdoms and create a proper forest realm there, similar to Athel loren. Enchanted in a way that outsiders literally cannot navigate their forest.