Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I strongly doubt Saurfang would spontaneously lie to one of his oldest brothers in arms and ex-Warchief. Not after they emphasis his honor sixty billion times.

But identifying a Thrall that's farming on Outland and oblivious to the current going-ons as a potential source of dissent while more or less letting Baine get freed after imprisoning him makes no sense at all.
    Nor do I, thought it could be justified as one of those "I told you what you needed to be told" kinds of well-meaning misdirections from his perspective. Although I think it's more likely he's speaking outright truthfully. Sylvanas likely knows anyone who was part of Thrall's old guard and circle of advisers is likely to be against her current plans in the same way Saurfang himself is, the same way Baine is. Thrall can very easily stir up dissent if he were roused - as he is here. And he goes on to help free Baine as well. In that sense, she's quite justified in her beliefs.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I strongly doubt Saurfang would spontaneously lie to one of his oldest brothers in arms and ex-Warchief. Not after they emphasis his honor sixty billion times.

But identifying a Thrall that's farming on Outland and oblivious to the current going-ons as a potential source of dissent while more or less letting Baine get freed after imprisoning him makes no sense at all.
    That's because the Baine bit wasn't intended when they wrote this. It's just a consequence of the "tee-hee, play along" stuff they're doing which allows them to assassinate her character from two angles instead of just one.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Looks like Thrall got his Stormbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well, let's not forget that he is remerkably quick to shift blame considering he is supposed to be Honor incarnate. Just look at how quickly he rationalized Sylvanas being entirely to blame for Teldrassil despite him being the one planning the entire excursion, including having loaded Ballista at the ready.
    What she's done refers to Teldrassil, which was her doing even if Saurfang himself is also partly to blame, along with all the other crap he would consider honorless.

That Varok would omit some details makes some sense, but again I strongly doubt a bald faced lie to one of his best friends is in-character.

10+ Year Old Account
    One day we'll get a gnome themed cinematic ;P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Let me guess, Alliance players won't be given a choice and will actually be forced to help the Horde pick up their pieces once again (helping Thrall will especially be silly if you are playing a Kul Tiran).
    If you want to make choices, the Horde is there for you.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    It was great looking and a good return for Thrall. I was literally shocked to see Sylvanas actually send assassins after him. No real idea why I was but still it hit. Most noticeably, Thrall is a crap craftsman!

15+ Year Old Account
    I've said this elsewhere but the reveal at the end should have totally been Orgrim's armor, not some random (Durotan's?) axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's because the Baine bit wasn't intended when they wrote this. It's just a consequence of the "tee-hee, play along" stuff they're doing which allows them to assassinate her character from two angles instead of just one.
    That's the most likely reason, kinda like Lost Honor has us believe the Alliance is down to sending human peasants as cannon fodder when the actual game doesn't even hint at these levels of desperation.

Still, the Forsaken looked cool and the use of in-game sounds effects was neat. So this isn't a total loss at all, just the usual mix of inconsistent writing from this expansion propped up by one of the best cinematic teams in the business.

Not Garrosh 2.0 guys.

Thrall is Jon Snow, he does not want the throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Wildberry Thanos Thrall looks tired and unhappy af, a mess. Good to see that even in his grave, Garrosh still gives him a hard time.

Plot aside, cool cinematic.

That's the most likely reason, kinda like Lost Honor has us believe the Alliance is down to sending human peasants as cannon fodder when the actual game doesn't even hint at these levels of desperation.

Still, the Forsaken looked cool and the use of in-game sounds effects was neat. So this isn't a total loss at all, just the usual mix of inconsistent writing from this expansion propped up by one of the best cinematic teams in the business.
    The Forsaken being in what looked like variants of the Warfront leather is cool too. A decent choice of visual storytelling in having them have Horde iconography while going after the emblematic Horde Warchief. Pretty fields too.

Past that, in terms of storytelling it's mostly just pointless and is a band-aid to go "Nuh-uh, Sylvanas shot first!"
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Looks pretty.

100% entirely pointless.

Those are my thoughts. The Undead looked cool though.
    didnt look undead to me though, looked more like Night elf corrupted by something. Didn't Sylvanas enlisted some Night Elves that diserted the Alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is amazing and thralls never looked so good.

But now knowing what it all means. Varok knew thralls presence would give hope to a rebellion against sylvanas, and she knew thrall would cause that decent in her order, so wanted to have him killed.

This is the final stroke, having her send assassin's to kill the guy who built the horde. The orc who gave her and her people a place to exist once gaining freedom from arthas. That she'd sink to this level crossed the line of no redemption

I dunno what might happen here, but it's obvious sacrifices will happen. Thrall, for the first time saying he won't lead the horde, it's kinda heartbreaking, but just making that decision meant it would come to bite him.

Sylvanas won't be warchief after this, or even part of the horde. Whatever happens to other characters, can't really say, but it's gonna be dark.
    #boycottchina

The undead rogues and Nagrand looked cool. Nice to see Thrall in his first HD cinematic since Reign of Chaos too.

Goddamn if that axe isn't a mess, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why couldn't Sylvanas send loyalist players to assassinate Thrall instead? Why send two very, very fragile forsaken (Since when did a broken neck or spine stop the undead?) to aggravate someone who wasn't interested in joining the war? Why the fuck do we have to keep 'playing along' while the Alliance grabs more and more ex Horde to join them against her?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why couldn't Sylvanas send loyalist players to assassinate Thrall instead? Why send two very, very fragile forsaken (Since when did a broken neck or spine stop the undead?) to aggravate someone who wasn't interested in joining the war? Why the fuck do we have to keep 'playing along' while the Alliance grabs more and more ex Horde to join them against her?
    Because "Three cinematics" Saurfang's only use is to clog best Blizzard department forcing them to make pointless cool animations just to pretend he is anything else than narrative poison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It makes me wonder if Alliance will get one of these as well, so far we have had to settle for scraps considering Anduin talking to Saurfang in the last cinematic was the most relevant Saurfang has been to the Alliance this entire expansion.
    If you call Saurfang polishing Anduin's boot with his tongue "scraps," I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Hopefully it gets a strong leader.
    There's no character alive that fits this bill currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Let me guess, Alliance players won't be given a choice and will actually be forced to help the Horde pick up their pieces once again (helping Thrall will especially be silly if you are playing a Kul Tiran).
    Probably, just like we really won't have a choice but to farm our current Warchief in some raid somewhere. I think you're getting out of this expansion pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    If you want to make choices, the Horde is there for you.
    So happy to have the choice to:
    A.) Kill my Warchief
    B.) Kill my Warchief to ingratiate myself with the rebellion so they'll never suspect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    @Wildberry Thanos Thrall looks tired and unhappy af, a mess. Good to see that even in his grave, Garrosh still gives him a hard time.

Plot aside, cool cinematic.
    Garry's living rent free in his head (and our hearts).

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Goddamn if that axe isn't a mess, though.
    The axe was a complete disaster and one of the under-criticized aspects of Legion is the dismal state that notable weapons are in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sylvanas kind of forgot about how Saurfang killed a Dark Ranger and a detachment of deathguard.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dig it.

Saurfang friggin WRECKED those forsaken, that was fun to see.

I like the implications of Shillvanus sending assassins after Thrall of all people too, pretty much the final nail in the coffin for cartoon villainy.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯