Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So you're just talking for the sake it then. Cool. The story has moved on past what you've wanted it to be for a long time now. Best you move on to.
    Great argument, Bennet. Completely in line with your other posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It looks like Blizzard saw Game of Thrones one-upping them in horseshit writing department and was all "hold my beer" to regain their rightful place.

Well, the reason why they have to emphasize his honor 60 billion times is because his honor is dictated by a magic 8-ball and constantly changes. So perhaps during this cinematic honor was about lying to people to convince them to join you, just like in the previous one honor was working with the boiking and before it was getting yourself captured by the enemy in hopes that he fixes Horde's problems for you.
    What's wrong now Mehrunes, you can tell us man - this is a safe place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Great argument, Bennet. Completely in line with your other posts!
    I mean I'm not endlessly enraged about the game, I don't whine all the time, and my arguments actually do make sense. Why are you so upset all the time man

S8 of GoT is top tier quality writing in comparison to this
    "Thrall also embodies non-toxic masculinity and he founded the Azeroth Horde!"- Christie Golden
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...86529281839104

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Thoughts?
    Complete BS writing and totally uncharacteristic of Sylvanas. Why poke a sleeping bear? Tactical mistep. One of two things would have happened:
    1. The assassins would have succeeded and killed Thrall and family. This would have pretty much guaranteed that the entire Orc and Tauren population would have just walked out of the Horde given Thrall's standing with them.
    2. The assassins fail and Thrall gets irritated and decide to join against her, as it happened in the video.

Either way it is lose-lose situation for her. Just extremely poor writing overall. Sylvanas isnt stupid. Saurfang reaching out to Thrall for help was kinda obvious. Something Sylvanas should also have anticipated and sent an emissary to Thrall beforehand to counter it.

My 2 c to Wow writers -- Write your own Game of Thrones and dont turn WoW into one. The Sylvanas of Warcraft III would never have done this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I really hope Saurfang is lying to Thrall here about him following assassins. It would make him a piece of shit, but also a so much more interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Complete BS writing and totally uncharacteristic of Sylvanas. Why poke a sleeping bear? Tactical mistep. One of two things would have happened:
    1. The assassins would have succeeded and killed Thrall and family. This would have pretty much guaranteed that the entire Orc and Tauren population would have just walked out of the Horde given Thrall's standing with them.
    2. The assassins fail and Thrall gets irritated and decide to join against her, as it happened in the video.

Either way it is lose-lose situation for her. Just extremely poor writing overall. Sylvanas isnt stupid. Saurfang reaching out to Thrall for help was kinda obvious. Something Sylvanas should also have anticipated and sent an emissary to Thrall beforehand to counter it.

My 2 c to Wow writers -- Write your own Game of Thrones and dont turn WoW into one. The Sylvanas of Warcraft III would never have done this.
    If they succeeded they probably would of covered it up to make it look like some Ogre warband or something. They are rogues after all.

Thrall doesn't even care about the Horde and returns only because Sylv sent assassins against him (why she thought two no-names could kill Thrall and Saurfang is beyond me, except that Blizz didn't put much thought into it). A third Sadfang Cinematic.

Way to go on that 'Faction Pride' Blizz

Everyone should unsub from this game. Everyone should DEMAND better from the writing. Because this? This is patronizing bullshit.
    Twas brillig

To everyone bleating about assassins - how would anyone ever find out who did it and how would they find Thrall at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Alliance once again get no cinematic, meanwhile we need three to show just how sad Saurfang is.
    We didn't learn the lesson of Pandaria so Blizzard needs to make sure this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What's wrong now Mehrunes, you can tell us man - this is a safe place.
    Do you have an actual argument here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

I don't know, the SYlvanas of WC 3 also wasted time when she had Arthas at her mercy, allowing Kel'thuzzad to save him leading to her never getting her revenge on him, and also brought a dreadlord into her inner circle which she paid for a couple expansions into WoW.

fuck blizzard, one of these assassin could be my main
    but no.
    i had to help that shit cow

fuck you hard blizzard

awesome cinematic btw, top notch as always blizz, gg

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    If they succeeded they probably would of covered it up to make it look like some Ogre warband or something. They are rogues after all.
    This is Thrall you are talking about. Not some ordinary orc who is going to get killed by an Ogre Warband.
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I mean, is anyone surprised by this? The path was pretty clear the moment they made Sylvi Warchief :P
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Everyone should unsub from this game. Everyone should DEMAND better from the writing. Because this? This is patronizing bullshit.
    But why? I get the writing is shit, but why demand something impossible? You'd get better results demanding gaining omnipotence from the universe than you'd get demanding better writing from Blizzard.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Thrall doesn't even care about the Horde and returns only because Sylv sent assassins against him (why she thought two no-names could kill Thrall and Saurfang is beyond me, except that Blizz didn't put much thought into it). A third Sadfang Cinematic.

Way to go on that 'Faction Pride' Blizz

Well Thrall DID come out of 'retirement' in MOP to stand against Garrosh it's not that big of a leap for Sylvanas to think he'd do the same for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I mean, is anyone surprised by this? The path was pretty clear the moment they made Sylvi Warchief :P
    Voljin made her Warchief- she didnt want to be one. He could have made Bane Warchief instead. He didnt. Thrall made Voljin Warchief. So....

Voljin made her Warchief- she didnt want to be one. He could have made Bane Warchief instead. He didnt. Thrall made Voljin Warchief. So....
    Blizz wants to get rid of Sylvanas or something. Blizz made her Warchief.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    We didn't learn the lesson of Pandaria so Blizzard needs to make sure this time.

Do you have an actual argument here?
    "It looks like Blizzard saw Game of Thrones one-upping them in horseshit writing department and was all "hold my beer" to regain their rightful place."
    "But why? I get the writing is shit, but why demand something impossible? You'd get better results demanding gaining omnipotence from the universe than you'd get demanding better writing from Blizzard."

Because you're soooo good at compelling arguments right

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we know it wasn't Vol'jin that made her Warchief - something compelled him.

Seeing the usual crybabies on this thread whining about things not going their way and blaming or deflecting it on the writing, its hilarious. Pretending you even had things the ball park to begin with is a level of entitlement I could make a reddit post for.

*sylvanas takes power and does evil things with that power* "This is great, this is how the lore should be now!"
    *rebellion starts because sylvanas' evil starts to break the horde* "Urgh the writings shit now fuck you blizzard!"

Do you people have no self awareness?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-05-15 at 04:37 PM.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    So, for the mission of assassinating Thrall (for whatever reason), Sylvanas sent two level 120 non-elite forsaken mobs. What, was Garona fucking busy? Or Voss? Wasn't this a mission she actually didn't want screwed up?

Aside of that, cool cinematic, tho I hoped Thrall would confront Saurfang about his role in War of Thorns.
    Maybe its shadow warrior reference ? How to kill ultimate ninja who keeps nuclear weapons in his dojo ? Send two zombie ninjas, that should do.