Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    On account of a currently not known force that claimed to be the Loa.
    Yes. That's our cop out to all this crazy writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Warcraft, Game of Thrones and Star Wars are all cut from the same cloth. Wouldn't surprise me if Danuser, D&D and Rian Johnson were in constant communication trying to one up each other on subverted expectations.

3+ Year Old Account
    I’m starting to wonder how many or if any of the Slyvanas loyalist are actually Twilight Hammer loyalist. Same way twilight hammer inflitrated the church of light in stormwind.

Is it just me or did the undeads look corrupted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

Most forced bullshit ever.
    Lol, are you serious?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    That's Nagrand in AU Draenor I guess, I loved this cinematic.
    MU, floating islands is the give away

Also AU Draenor is now in the present with us(still parallel) and is the last bastion of the IronHorde against the radical Draenei currently... not a good place to raise your orclings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Warcraft, Game of Thrones and Star Wars are all cut from the same cloth. Wouldn't surprise me if Danuser, D&D and Rian Johnson were in constant communication trying to one up each other on subverted expectations.
    Rian Johnson got axed because of the crappy mess he made in the Last Jedi. This is unrelated to this thread also. I am with you and want to see how they kill the other epic fantasy I used to like in Star Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I've said this elsewhere but the reveal at the end should have totally been Orgrim's armor, not some random (Durotan's?) axe.
    That's what I was thinking too. It'd be really disappointing if we never get to see Doomplate again, no matter who they have wear it. It's just that cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Let me guess, Alliance players won't be given a choice and will actually be forced to help the Horde pick up their pieces once again (helping Thrall will especially be silly if you are playing a Kul Tiran).
    let not forgive and then magicaly my Night elf druid will forgive and help the horde because "oh it was not the horde it was sylvans horde... just like It was not The horde that bombed Teramore it was garroshes horde.. Just like it was not the Horde who broke dalarans neutraility by stealing the bell of Peace. Nor the sunreavers... it was garrosh horde who did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It might have helped if Sylvanas had sent more than two dudes with knives who attacked the perfectly aware Thrall and Saurfang in broad daylight. Instead of say, waiting until they're asleep and then shooting them in the head with a pistol. Or really, not doing anything at all, which'd have resulted in Thrall turning Saurfang down.
    I doubt that considering he smiled and walked towards the anvil hiding the axe. Thrall might have needed more prodding and shaming, but turning Saurfang down in his time of need seems unlikely. Narratively speaking the attack happened to speek his decision along.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's Nagrand in AU Draenor I guess, I loved this cinematic.
    Urm, no, its outland nagrand, notice the floating islands, and fact that varok draws attention to the fact the crops don't grow well, dying land.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    I’m starting to wonder how many or if any of the Slyvanas loyalist are actually Twilight Hammer loyalist. Same way twilight hammer inflitrated the church of light in stormwind.
    Most of the Horde is loyal to Sylvanas, Sylvanas Loyalist is more a term for players who don't want to do the Rebellion again or don't care enough about "muh honor" to turn on her(until they make us)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    MU, floating islands is the give away

Also AU Draenor is now in the present with us(still parallel) and is the last bastion of the IronHorde against the radical Draenei currently... not a good place to raise your orclings
    Ohh, I see! That makes it even cooler IMO since MU Nagrand is my favorite zone, I wonder if they'll revamp or add big new things to old Nagrand in-game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Are you the same type of person that felt MoP was biased in favor of the Horde? Here's a super helpful hint: Getting screen time is not an inherently good thing, usually it's the opposite.
    a lot of people fell for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I am at this stage ready to commit to the assumption that Baine will be the next Warchief. Saurfang's age and his unsuitability for leadership have been stressed a lot and Thrall has now rejected the idea of being Warchief. Only the cow remains. Soon the Horde will be freed of all toxic masculinity and stand hand in hand with Anduin.
    don't encourage blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Lol, are you serious?
    Do a cinematic, where you have random assassins attack thrall, right as he's like "nah fam, I'm staying here" to get him to return... This is forced bullshit, and you know it is.

But then again, iirc you were so excited for the last rebellion back in MoP that this might actually be enjoyable content for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Is it just me or did the undeads look corrupted?
    They are literally rotting, moving pieces of flesh. No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    This is all your fault btw. You just had to taunt Afrasiabi, didn't you?
    I know. I apologize to you guys. You tried to warn me.

I am also surprised Thrall's kid wasn't there. Sylvanas trying to kill Thrall, WHO'S ON ANOTHER FREAKING WORLD FARMING, in front of his wife and kid would have been much more powerful, at least as cinematic's purpose goes.
    Yeah, they really missed a chance for the pathos of having zombies in Horde uniforms going for Thrall's kids, even just the door to imply it and then Thrall bashing them over the head. Or ending it with Thrall and Saurfang heading out on the run rather than just assuming (rightly) that Sylvanas thought two guys who despite being invisible were easily spotted by an old man were all it took.
    @Jastall

The purpose of the assassins is just as a preemptive "Greedo shot first". I wouldn't be surprised if the line was added in later than the rest of the thing since it makes zero sense.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Complete BS writing and totally uncharacteristic of Sylvanas. Why poke a sleeping bear? Tactical mistep. One of two things would have happened:
    1. The assassins would have succeeded and killed Thrall and family. This would have pretty much guaranteed that the entire Orc and Tauren population would have just walked out of the Horde given Thrall's standing with them.
    2. The assassins fail and Thrall gets irritated and decide to join against her, as it happened in the video.

Either way it is lose-lose situation for her. Just extremely poor writing overall. Sylvanas isnt stupid. Saurfang reaching out to Thrall for help was kinda obvious. Something Sylvanas should also have anticipated and sent an emissary to Thrall beforehand to counter it.

My 2 c to Wow writers -- Write your own Game of Thrones and dont turn WoW into one. The Sylvanas of Warcraft III would never have done this.
    I think this tack makes a degree of sense for Sylvanas, myself. She knows there is a proto-insurrection in the making due to Baine and Saurfang's actions, and she knows Thrall and Saurfang share a pretty deep bond. Thrall would be a likely person for Saurfang to run to, and if properly utilized Thrall could be easily utilized to create a true coalition against her regime. Proactively moving to remove that threat and leaving Saurfang no ground to go makes a lot of tactical sense, and she would also know that Thrall's powers are compromised (as per what we saw in Legion) - making an assassination viable.

I would doubt an emissary from Sylvanas would be well-received by Thrall, they've never been great friends after all - it is more likely they would be dismissed out of hand or, worse, make Thrall curious as to why they were actually sent.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So many people outraged and confused about the Rogues. What is there to be confused about?

Ohh, I see! That makes it even cooler IMO since MU Nagrand is my favorite zone, I wonder if they'll revamp or add big new things to old Nagrand in-game?
    It's been one of my favorites aswell, but I'm not sure if they would do any revamping to it to be honest. If they were to, I think they would have made that the playable Mag'har's new home, but it seems that it's just a broken place that's going to continue to fall apart over time.

But I would like them to reuse it at some point