Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,874
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Yes, taking out the battery of your phone doesn't omit the fact it remains a cellular phone. It's still a phone just without battery. Drained, damage,fully charged or otherwise.
    The well is the battery. A portal still remains a portal. The Well is the battery for the portal. As you the battery is not part of the phone once removed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can turn lots of things into portals. Yes. That doesn't make everything a portal. The potential to be something does not make everything that something. You have already admitted that all Trees are not wooden tables even though they have the potential to be turned into wooden tables. You have already admitted that what I said is true.

    The Well of Eternity has the potentially to be used to create a portal but is not always a portal. Just as a Tree has the potential to be a table but is not always a table.
    Something can be anything.
    And that something can be exactly nothing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    I am sure that they will use Maelstorm one day. But i don't think they will use it right now.

    But this similarity of "heart of Azeroth" and "Dragon Soul". This is something to talk about...
    Thank you for acknowledging it's inherent speculative material qualities.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The well is the battery. A portal still remains a portal. The Well is the battery for the portal. As you the battery is not part of the phone once removed.
    I think you are using a misguided analogy.
    The lifeblood is the energy source= azerite (once cystalized or remnants of the well of eternity)
    The Maelstrom or Well of eternity was the device itself.
    It will be used as the portal.

  3. #103
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,874
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Something can be anything. And that something can be exactly nothing.
    It can't be nothing if it is something. Once again you are wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I think you are using a misguided analogy.
    The lifeblood is the energy source= azerite (once cystalized or remnants of the well of eternity)
    The Maelstrom or Well of eternity was the device itself.
    The Well of Eternity is Azerite. There is no device. You can't have Azerite be remnants of the well of eternity if the well is actually a device separate from Azerite. Azerite also exists in liquid form.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-05-21 at 08:09 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #104
    Idk what you're smoking mate but you're tripping baaaalz.

  5. #105
    High Overlord Brewshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    174
    Lmao oh man.

    There is no helping someone learn when they refuse to accept the possibility of being wrong.

  6. #106
    Field Marshal CamdenQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    93
    It's already been said several times, and you seem to be unwilling to hear it, but the Well of Eternity was NOT a portal. The Highborne under Azshara created a portal WITHIN it, through which the Burning Legion invaded and Sargaras planned to come himself (likely as an Avatar, since he's the same size as the planet). A portal inside the Well and powered by it is not the same as the Well itself being a portal. The Well was never a portal, and even having a portal inside it was temporary and never a key feature of the Well.

    Not only that, but the well was completely destroyed and the portal along with it. The resulting Maelstrom is not actually the Well of Eternity. It is a magical storm that resulted from the explosion of the Well.

    What's interesting is the Maelstrom IS now a portal, thanks to Deathwing, but it's a portal to Deepholm, which is completely useless for the purposes of your theory.

    Also I don't really understand what you're trying to imply about the Demon Soul (it's not called the Dragon Soul anymore), but it seems you might be trying to suggest that the Heart of Azeroth is in fact the Demon Soul.

    This would be some insanely bad writing. We have a pretty complete history of the Demon Soul, up to and including its ultimate destruction in Outland. The Demon Soul we use in Cataclysm to kill Deathwing (well, that Thrall uses to killsteal Deathwing) was returned to the exact moment we stole it, and the timeline is still intact so it went on to be destroyed twice just as our history already played out (this doesn't actually make sense, granted, but that's just how time travel in WoW works).

    Lastly, I understand English is not your first language, but dude you really need practice if you're going to be putting out large English-language things like this for what I'm sure you hope will be mass consumption. It's almost impossible to follow what you're trying to say in most of your original post.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by CamdenQ View Post
    It's already been said several times, and you seem to be unwilling to hear it, but the Well of Eternity was NOT a portal. The Highborne under Azshara created a portal WITHIN it, through which the Burning Legion invaded and Sargaras planned to come himself (likely as an Avatar, since he's the same size as the planet). A portal inside the Well and powered by it is not the same as the Well itself being a portal. The Well was never a portal, and even having a portal inside it was temporary and never a key feature of the Well.

    Not only that, but the well was completely destroyed and the portal along with it. The resulting Maelstrom is not actually the Well of Eternity. It is a magical storm that resulted from the explosion of the Well.

    What's interesting is the Maelstrom IS now a portal, thanks to Deathwing, but it's a portal to Deepholm, which is completely useless for the purposes of your theory.

    Also I don't really understand what you're trying to imply about the Demon Soul (it's not called the Dragon Soul anymore), but it seems you might be trying to suggest that the Heart of Azeroth is in fact the Demon Soul.

    This would be some insanely bad writing. We have a pretty complete history of the Demon Soul, up to and including its ultimate destruction in Outland. The Demon Soul we use in Cataclysm to kill Deathwing (well, that Thrall uses to killsteal Deathwing) was returned to the exact moment we stole it, and the timeline is still intact so it went on to be destroyed twice just as our history already played out (this doesn't actually make sense, granted, but that's just how time travel in WoW works).

    Lastly, I understand English is not your first language, but dude you really need practice if you're going to be putting out large English-language things like this for what I'm sure you hope will be mass consumption. It's almost impossible to follow what you're trying to say in most of your original post.
    And it was mentioned by one of the other guys contesting the Well of Eternity was not a portal but mentioned key details that the same water that was used in Nordrassil was for the very same reason why Archimonde wanted to invade it: use the well as a portal.

    We assumed it was destroyed. It merely sanked. And for 10k year do you think not the Nagas will not find a way to fix it?

    It is part of their identity. The Well of Eternity was the very reason of their existence. In that very long span of years, do you think they still do not understand things about it, what it is for?

    The story of WoW starts with the Sundering. The Reign of Chaos also started with the Sundering.

    Because the Sundering is directly tied to the Well of Eternity. I stand by my ground.

    So your saying that in itself and with itself, even within it, WoE is not a portal?

    With all the evidence given I stand by my ground and I know for a fact WoW will disclose that the Well of Eternity or whatever remains from it or in what new form it could have been behind our knowledge, something is coming.

    - - - Updated - - -



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It can't be nothing if it is something. Once again you are wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The Well of Eternity is Azerite. There is no device. You can't have Azerite be remnants of the well of eternity if the well is actually a device separate from Azerite. Azerite also exists in liquid form.
    Hey you, are you hiding something?
    Him: oh no, it's nothing...
    I don't believe you come on tell me. What is it? Is it money, a toy, a ring (perhaps anything)
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-21 at 08:22 PM.

  8. #108
    Legendary! Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,210
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I think you are using a misguided analogy.
    The lifeblood is the energy source= azerite (once cystalized or remnants of the well of eternity)
    The Maelstrom or Well of eternity was the device itself.
    It will be used as the portal.
    You're the one using a misguided analogy.

    The Well of Eternity was not the device itself, it was a container for energy, AKA a battery.

    That battery was then used by a device(Azshara and her mages) to create a portal through spellcasting.

    The well is just a container for energy, it is a battery, you are wrong.

    And it was mentioned by one of the other guys contesting the Well of Eternity was not a portal but mentioned key details that the same water that was used in Nordrassil was for the very same reason why Archimonde wanted to invade it: use the well as a portal.
    No, he wanted to use it to power a portal. It, just like the WoE, is just a container for energy.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-21 at 11:27 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  9. #109
    I agree the Well its a source of energy that can be used to power portal to any place in the cosmos.

    In time, we will learn if we will need to leave Azeroth.

  10. #110
    Field Marshal CamdenQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    And it was mentioned by one of the other guys contesting the Well of Eternity was not a portal but mentioned key details that the same water that was used in Nordrassil was for the very same reason why Archimonde wanted to invade it: use the well as a portal.

    We assumed it was destroyed. It merely sanked. And for 10k year do you think not the Nagas will not find a way to fix it?

    It is part of their identity. The Well of Eternity was the very reason of their existence. In that very long span of years, do you think they still do not understand things about it, what it is for?

    The story of WoW starts with the Sundering. The Reign of Chaos also started with the Sundering.

    Because the Sundering is directly tied to the Well of Eternity. I stand by my ground.

    So your saying that in itself and with itself, even within it, WoE is not a portal?

    With all the evidence given I stand by my ground and I know for a fact WoW will disclose that the Well of Eternity or whatever remains from it or in what new form it could have been behind our knowledge, something is coming.

    - - - Updated - - -



    - - - Updated - - -



    Hey you, are you hiding something?
    Him: oh no, it's nothing...
    I don't believe you come on tell me. What is it? Is it money, a toy, a ring (perhaps anything)
    Thank god this guy got banned, but I still have to respond to this complete nonsense.

    And it was mentioned by one of the other guys contesting the Well of Eternity was not a portal but mentioned key details that the same water that was used in Nordrassil was for the very same reason why Archimonde wanted to invade it: use the well as a portal.
    Wrong, he wanted to use it as a POWER SOURCE for the portal. I really don't understand how this is a hard distinction to understand. Literally any source of power as strong as the WoE (probably including the Sunwell and the Nightwell) could be used for this purpose.

    We assumed it was destroyed. It merely sanked. And for 10k year do you think not the Nagas will not find a way to fix it?
    This is not an assumption. Every source of lore confirms that this is destroyed.

    Here, look at this map of Nazjatar:



    See that on the right? Zin-Azshari? That's the city that was built around the Well. Notice anything missing?

    No Well.

    The story of WoW starts with the Sundering. The Reign of Chaos also started with the Sundering.
    This literally makes no sense. The story of WoW specifically starts after the Third War, the story of Warcraft as a whole starts with the emergence of the first Titan or Void Lord, whichever came first, and Reign of Chaos takes place literally 10 THOUSAND years after the Sundering, so yeah I have no idea what he's on about here.

    Because the Sundering is directly tied to the Well of Eternity. I stand by my ground.
    This has nothing to do with anything. Nobody contests that the Sundering is tied to the Well of Eternity. The Sundering was caused by the DESTRUCTION (specifically the implosion) of the Well of Eternity. This actually hurts this argument if anything.

    So your saying that in itself and with itself, even within it, WoE is not a portal?
    Yes, that is exactly what everybody is saying. Is a fish tank water? Or is it simply a container for that water? (Spoiler, it's just a container)

    With all the evidence given I stand by my ground and I know for a fact WoW will disclose that the Well of Eternity or whatever remains from it or in what new form it could have been behind our knowledge, something is coming.
    You heard it here first folks. He knows for a FACT that something could go down somewhere in some way at some point in time, SO LOOK SHARP!

    So glad he got banned, this thread can die now. Just couldn't let that last reply of his stand uncontested even if he won't see it. (Let's be honest, we all know he's still lurking this thread)

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by CamdenQ View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what everybody is saying. Is a fish tank water? Or is it simply a container for that water? (Spoiler, it's just a container)
    Just read his posts. In fact, read the line you quoted there. vertigo12's command of english is... questionable at best, in an "overconfident linguist translates ancient language" kind of way.

  12. #112
    Field Marshal CamdenQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Just read his posts. In fact, read the line you quoted there. vertigo12's command of English is... questionable at best, in an "overconfident linguist translates ancient language" kind of way.
    I really don't think this can be defended with a language skills issue. This is a problem of logic, not linguistics. He knows what things are in English, so he should be able to grasp at least one of the many counter-examples presented in this thread. Instead, he stubbornly stands by his terrible proclamation that it is, in fact, a portal.

    You're right that his command of the English language is lacking, but not as much as his command of basic logic.

    Just look at this analogy he used:

    Hey you, are you hiding something?
    Him: oh no, it's nothing...
    I don't believe you come on tell me. What is it? Is it money, a toy, a ring (perhaps anything)
    I have a hard time imagining this being a failure of translation. That pretty much has to be intentional, because it's consistent with itself and his assertion that nothing can be something. The problem is not the use of the wrong words (though it is poorly worded). The problem is the faulty logic that equates a lie with the truth.
    Last edited by CamdenQ; Today at 07:00 PM.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by CamdenQ View Post
    I have a hard time imagining this being a failure of translation. That pretty much has to be intentional, because it's consistent with itself and his assertion that nothing can be something. The problem is not the use of the wrong words (though it is poorly worded). The problem is the faulty logic that equates a lie with the truth.
    Well, that too. But he's basically working of the Hungarian Phrasebook translation of things and can't seem to understand that everybody else uses a different definition of terms, so half the time you don't even know what he's talking about.

  14. #114
    Field Marshal CamdenQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, that too. But he's basically working of the Hungarian Phrasebook translation of things and can't seem to understand that everybody else uses a different definition of terms, so half the time you don't even know what he's talking about.
    I still don't think that's the problem. It doesn't help, but it's not like languages are different enough to make "nothing" suddenly mean "something". Hungarian (if that is the language he speaks, I haven't read the whole thread), is a very different language from English, to be sure, but opposites are still opposites. Some things are universal. The concept of the Well not literally being a portal is an easy one.

    His command of the language is enough that he mainly seems to struggle with syntax and word choice. This simply isn't a concept that should be difficult to translate for someone that is even remotely able to speak (or in this case read and write) the language.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by CamdenQ View Post
    I still don't think that's the problem. It doesn't help, but it's not like languages are different enough to make "nothing" suddenly mean "something". Hungarian (if that is the language he speaks, I haven't read the whole thread), is a very different language from English, to be sure, but opposites are still opposites. Some things are universal. The concept of the Well not literally being a portal is an easy one.

    His command of the language is enough that he mainly seems to struggle with syntax and word choice. This simply isn't a concept that should be difficult to translate for someone that is even remotely able to speak (or in this case read and write) the language.
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Something can be anything.
    And that something can be exactly nothing.
    You can't make that stuff up.

    I meant the Monty Python sketch, though. I think he once mentioned being phillipino or something.

  16. #116
    For the most part I have just concluded he is some next level troll that has managed to troll even himself. Like Trollception. A troll within a troll.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •