Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I guess she gets her revenge at the story that will be told on the books about darkshore. Thats the problem lately, you wont get the full understanding of the game lore playing it unless you go out of your way to buy books or other media. Thats stupid if you ask me

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I remember that post, it was well written and it made me weep.
    honestly the best thing about this expansion is that it reminded me I have other games to play.

I think the only people that are happy by this xpac are the orc players who think they are good people because they can shout honor until they drown out the screams.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Hey guys. Is it too early to post expansion concepts for 9.0?

You have to understand, Blizzard is a small indy game company barely making ends meet. To compound this insurmountable obstacle they only have on average a scant 3+ months between patches with minimal content. There’s no logistical way for a small, little baby raccoon company like Blizzard to actually flesh out a coherent story that makes their playerbase feel immersed and respected while maintaining such an aggressive schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Hey guys. Is it too early to post expansion concepts for 9.0?
    No, just pretend it is a leak

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    There was a lot of people pouring their hearts into the rebellion in Suramar, but aside from one druid it certainly wasn't the night elves.

But I'm sure you would have been fine with the Nightborne joining the Alliance and warring against their OTHER cousins.
    Well, strictly speaking, the Nightborne coming out of 10,000 years of isolation and immediately attaching themselves to *either* of the constantly-warring factions was pretty stupid in itself, but you know, allied races were promised, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    I guess she gets her revenge at the story that will be told on the books about darkshore. Thats the problem lately, you wont get the full understanding of the game lore playing it unless you go out of your way to buy books or other media. Thats stupid if you ask me
    Why is everyone going on about Tyrande getting her revenge? How about the FUCKING NELF PLAYERS who need closure? What about them? The devs put them through the worst ordeal any player race has been put through and then they just leave them to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Why is everyone going on about Tyrande getting her revenge? How about the FUCKING NELF PLAYERS who need closure? What about them? The devs put them through the worst ordeal any player race has been put through and then they just leave them to die.
    Trying to please the nelf players is an uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Night Elves are just a convenient punching bag to give humans something to wage war over without having to show initiative or moral dimensions and noblesavage sadorcs something to cry over to initiate the annual purge of the Horde's roster. This expansion is a carfire.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No, just pretend it is a leak
    Nobody would believe it is a credible leak. It would be too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Well, Blizz can start by doing, well, *anything* for the NE in-game, that bit is important: in-game, not in novels or whatever, in the game.

I don’t expect even payback, since burning the NE capital city is a tough act to beat, but at least a token effort that isn’t hijacked by humans to show how awesome they are would be nice.

As a Horde player I had no idea the NElf story would just cease. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for a wedge in the Alliance between the Night Elves and the Humans who have seemingly turned their backs on caring. Maybe that was an early development idea to fracture both factions they decided to backtrack on?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    As a Horde player I had no idea the NElf story would just cease. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for a wedge in the Alliance between the Night Elves and the Humans who have seemingly turned their backs on caring. Maybe that was an early development idea to fracture both factions they decided to backtrack on?
    That goes against the narrative they want to tell”

The writers literally brag about how they are so bad at storytelling they just cut things
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It's more interesting when one side loses, and it changes the course of their development. If anything, there's been too much tit for tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    It's more interesting when one side loses, and it changes the course of their development. If anything, there's been too much tit for tat.
    At least for me it isn't so much about having lost something, quite the contrary. I think losing big and coming back from it changed and with a lot more investment and ammunition is a good thing.
    My problem now is only that they seem to think that this story is over and there's actually nothing more to come, no more story to be told here. If it turns out that Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar, because she is the only one keeping track of Sylvanas, trying to find out what she's really doing and appearing at the right moment to save us all from Sylvanas's trap at the end (just as an example^^), that's great, I can live with that, it gives the whole thing meaning and makes the burning of Teldrassil an actual catalyst for something bigger to come that would not have happened otherwise. It still doesn't give the Nightelves back their homeland and purpose as a people or makes any kind of sense with the Sentinels and Wardens eagerly fighting for Sylvanas, but it will do.
    But if they actually meant to say that the Nightwarrior story is over and that was supposed to be their revenge, then no, I'm not ok with that.

That’s just fine and dandy, but as it looks now (Blizz might surprise us, but i won’t hold my breath...), the Night elves just lose and that’s it, no change beyond “Everything you had is now gone”, it was done to them in Cata, and again now in BfA, thrown under the bus to show how strong the Horde is, three cheers for “Development a la Blizzard”...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Why would that be? Can you make any points to support this claim? Because afaik nelves have been the punching bags for Blizz devs since at least Cata. They were never even trying to please them, they did nothing but antagonize them.

Blizzard never fails to disappoint.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's ok, can we annihilate Org and Silvermoon in kill every damn Horde in there? I wouldn't mind.

Tyrande didn't get her revenge until she has Sylvanas's head on a pike... This is such BS...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.