Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    She got empowered by Elune and killed TWO of our Val'kyr ffs. If this isn't enough payback then I don't know what is. You whiners need to stop QQ-ing and get on with it.
    She only killed one.
    Twas brillig

She got empowered by Elune and killed TWO of our Val'kyr ffs. If this isn't enough payback then I don't know what is. You whiners need to stop QQ-ing and get on with it.
    She only killed one, massacring the tauren of stonetalon would have been neat.

How about Sylvanas's head on a pike, or at least Nathanos's head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She only killed one, massacring the tauren of stonetalon would have been neat.
    Aw no, tauren are the only ok race in the Horde. Leave them alone.

Elune has to secretly hate Tyrande. Her night warrior blessing is almost as pathetic as Bwonsamdi's "For damning your entire bloodline to be slaves to me forever I'll make you jump gud but you'll still struggle in 1 on 1 combat against Zul AYYY LMAO!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Elune has to secretly hate Tyrande. Her night warrior blessing is almost as pathetic as Bwonsamdi's "For damning your entire bloodline to be slaves to me forever I'll make you jump gud but you'll still struggle in 1 on 1 combat against Zul AYYY LMAO!"
    Being fucked over by their gods is some kind of trolls' destiny or curse, and since elves are trolls' descendants it applies to them as well :V

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    its not elune that's bad. It's Blizz' shitty writing or shitty writing that only gets approved. Remember that there is a HORDE bias because they confirmed that the Alliance is currently overpowered via Elune, Exodar, Vindicar, Dalaran, etc all being floating fortresses that can annihilate countless hundreds in the blink of an eye and had to be held out of the story for sake of balance.

They confirmed they nerfed Elune this entire time by making her barely do anything to protect her own worshippers.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    its not elune that's bad. It's Blizz' shitty writing or shitty writing that only gets approved. Remember that there is a HORDE bias because they confirmed that the Alliance is currently overpowered via Elune, Exodar, Vindicar, Dalaran, etc all being floating fortresses that can annihilate countless hundreds in the blink of an eye and had to be held out of the story for sake of balance.

They confirmed they nerfed Elune this entire time by making her barely do anything to protect her own worshippers.
    We all know that. At this point most people are just ridiculing Blizz for their half-assed inconsistent writing.

And it's not really a Horde bias at this point, they basically have to do so because they just wrote themselves into a corner. In every interview they say that they're planning many years or multiple xpacks ahead, but given how inconsistent the story is or how unbalanced factions are, it's REALLY hard to believe that they're actually planning far ahead, and Blizz writers are notorious for liking the rule of cool TOO MUCH.

If they're actually planning properly, they'd keep factions' political and military powers at more or less the same level w/o any need to "forget" about weapons, heroes, equipment, etc of one faction to make both factions stand on equal footing. They gave Vindicar to the Alliance, they could make an arc about Belves fully restoring their Ban'dinoriel and understanding the tech/magic behind it, so it could be used as the countermeasure against the space laser. Mobile deployable shield vs mobile laser cannon, sounds good enough to me.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-05-18 at 11:43 AM.

Imagine that awkward moment at Blizzcon when they are doing this "For the Horde/For the Alliance" shouting thing, and there's nobody left to shout for the Alliance....

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    “Little moment” is right, so Tyrande does this supposedly dangerous and highly powerful ritual, turns into “The night warrior”, kills some no-name mooks, and then... kills a single val’kyr, after struggling mightily against an undead human ranger, who gets away, taking two recently raised and immediately turned undead Night elves in tow, oh yeah, massive victory there.

Game-technically, getting even wasn’t in the cards, but this was a pathetic excuse for “revenge”, no matter how you look at it.
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's never enough. Ever.

Must be because Nelf players think they are the hottest shit around the block, dismissing anyone who does not have purple skin and donkey ears. Someone who isn't a total nelf fan would understand that killing even one Val'kyr was a pretty big deal especially to the guys who require the Val'kyr to prolong the existence of their entire race.

Not to mention that until that point you had the Nelfs and some worgen pushing back the whole Horde army. But Blightcaller had to run away like a little ho after Tyrande slaps him around and that's why it's a total loss and a crime against Nelf players.

Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's never enough. Ever.

Must be because Nelf players think they are the hottest shit around the block, dismissing anyone who does not have purple skin and donkey ears. Someone who isn't a total nelf fan would understand that killing even one Val'kyr was a pretty big deal especially to the guys who require the Val'kyr to prolong the existence of their entire race.

Not to mention that until that point you had the Nelfs and some worgen pushing back the whole Horde army. But Blightcaller had to run away like a little ho after Tyrande slaps him around and that's why it's a total loss and a crime against Nelf players.

Give me a break.
    In perspective of what happend with Teldrassil its just not remotly enough, they just get a little back what was theirs before.
    It is not a lose but its really just a start, also in the dialog with Tyrande at the end of the Prequest she said that she needs not to satiate the hunger for vengance now. But after that we don't even see her again (only in the ship we build for Anduin...)
    So no if this was really everything, it is really unsatisfying. Killing Val'kyr will get only interesting when Sylvanas got less then three, before that its just not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The only acceptable revenge would be for Tyrande to kill Sylvanas in front of Nathanos, execution style, only for Genn to tear his heart out.
    That still wouldn't be enough. The only acceptable revenge is conquering, and subsequent complete dissolution of the Horde. Since they have demonstrated time and time again that they are completely inept at choosing their own leaders the ability to do so must be removed from them for the greater good of the planet. Either dissolve the faction, or have leadership council that needs to be approved by all races not just in the Horde so that such power never again rests with a single person.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    That still wouldn't be enough. The only acceptable revenge is conquering, and subsequent complete dissolution of the Horde. Since they have demonstrated time and time again that they are completely inept at choosing their own leaders the ability to do so must be removed from them for the greater good of the planet. Either dissolve the faction, or have leadership council that needs to be approved by all races not just in the Horde so that such power never again rests with a single person.
    Unironically Forsaken genocide when!?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Imagine that awkward moment at Blizzcon when they are doing this "For the Horde/For the Alliance" shouting thing, and there's nobody left to shout for the Alliance....
    I can't see how they aren't scrambling to try and correct the faction imbalance. As it stands now the story, which sadly is the strongest selling point for Blizzard games, for the Alliance cannot motivate players to be on the Alliance. Then the actual Alliance server populations have dwindled so low except for a select number of servers, that the Alliance is now entirely dependent on cross realm to just keep normal raiding and mythic+ dungeons barely functional. Both of these factors are just creating feedback loops of further destroying the Alliance population. By the end of this expansion the Horde is going to win the faction war, not by anything the writers did intentionally, but just by no one caring to play the Alliance anymore.

Now, while people may say, "Well mythic dungeons and raiding isn't everything in the game, there are plenty of players who do other stuff and still play Alliance." Yes, they do, for now. A lot of those players had or have friends that are still doing the higher end content. There is a reason why Blizzard keeps making raids and keeps making these kinds of content that "so few" people apparently see or use. That content is the lifeblood of a game's community. Without people progressing through it and creating opportunities for others to try it out, the server population dies a slow death, or sometimes not so slow.

I am just constantly amazed by how out of touch the entire development team and management can be with the consequences of their actions. I also can't believe that they actively refuse to make "big" changes to the game outside of expansion releases and "major" changes outside of content patches. That slow and stubborn iteration cycle means that you can't do preventative treatment of problems, full blown corrective surgery has to be done. For instance: The change the BElf racial was good, if it was performed early on when it was noticed that many people were race changing to Horde, specifically BElf and then pushing ranked mythic dungeons. Waiting over two years to then make the change is too late. After waiting two years the only appropriate action to correct the earlier problem is to make it more enticing to play on Alliance with obviously overpowered racials or some other gameplay incentive.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Is it just me or does it feel like we're paying to play the writer's terrible fan fiction and they're all butthurt that we don't think it's amazing...?

Quote Originally Posted by Amarisus View Post
    Is it just me or does it feel like we're paying to play the writer's terrible fan fiction and they're all butthurt that we don't think it's amazing...?
    Yep, that's why I stopped. And I even stayed loyal during the shitshow that was WoD and the systems chaos overkill that was Legion. But this is just too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    I can't see how they aren't scrambling to try and correct the faction imbalance. As it stands now the story, which sadly is the strongest selling point for Blizzard games, for the Alliance cannot motivate players to be on the Alliance.
    What are they going to do now? They fucked over the nelves beyond repair and as you can read in the interview, that's that for them. I mean, there are people unsubbing now who have never since Vanilla unsubbed... because Blizz devs are like: yeah, thanks for your money but you dumbass just chose the wrong race 15 years ago. Now go and fuck off, idiot.

Alliance have really NOTHING to cheer for as it stands. Not that I'm gonna watch this stuff anymore, but it's gonna be aaaaaawwwkwwwward.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-19 at 08:21 PM.

Is it any surprise? Just another shaft in a line of shafts to the Night Elves......
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

The only way to salvage this in my eyes is to do another revamp of the old world (as... popular as that was in Cata. I anecdotally loved it), and this time keep the zone storylines internal with a red thread spanning continents/areas where it makes sense instead of the current expansion theme bleeding through them (Cataclysm wrecking shit was a bit much to keep in each zone forever, looking at you Darkshore tornado). Make the nelves absolutely wreck the Horde forces on the western part of Kalimdor, really pushing them out of each zone bit by bit.

I mainly play Horde, and especially Orc, and I would still love to play Darkshore/Ashenvale quests where my «wins» in questing is just making the retreat better for our forces, with the night elves still defeating us at the end and pushing us out. A last stand-scenario at Silverwind Refuge (or whatever it was called) before we’re forced to desperately fight our way through to get to the Bulwark just to survive? That would be god damn badass.

#MakeNElvesFeralAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I mainly play Horde, and especially Orc, and I would still love to play Darkshore/Ashenvale quests where my «wins» in questing is just making the retreat better for our forces, with the night elves still defeating us at the end and pushing us out. A last stand-scenario at Silverwind Refuge (or whatever it was called) before we’re forced to desperately fight our way through to get to the Bulwark just to survive? That would be god damn badass.

#MakeNElvesFeralAgain
    Funny thing is, with their gender equality thing going on, the night elven matriachalic society would give them an ideal opportunity to flesh out an all female ruled society, with Tyrande as high priestess as spiritual leader, female military leaders like Shandris Feathermoon etc. This is such a missed opportunity.

I think, deep down, the old farts at Blizzard are still those ooooold farts, misogynistic, patriachalic, authoritarian. So they probably deem nelven society femnazis or something.

They can accept a stronk woman only if it's the extension of a male character, like Sylvanas is the extension of Nathanos (aka Danuser) . I don't think it's a coincidence that Nathanos got more prominent with Sylvanas's growing importance in the story.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-22 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well Night Elf players, hope you've got money for a race change
    Pay them more money after this? Nam, fam. I'd already unsubbed, but unless the next expansion is "Just kidding, all of BFA was a dream and the lore is invalid", I'm not subbing again.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Is it any surprise? Just another shaft in a line of shafts to the Night Elves......
    They're used to it, just look at Goldshire.

/badumpssh