Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Soooo, Blizzard wants to make a dumb decision for reasons that they don't care to explain? Gotcha. Clearly they shouldn't give the limelight to a group that's under-represented and barely present, such as the Night Elves, but instead give it all to Anduin and the Humans, who we see front-and-center 99% of the time!
    Why not gnomes, dwarves (non dark iron)? These had even less spotlight than Night Elves.
    Even the worgen is lacking. Genn is everywhere but rarely in worgen form. He is more of a character than a representation for his race.
    I get that you like Elves, but there are races in worse state.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalon View Post
    I had high hopes after the dark shore cinematic but it seems night elves will disappear once again til I get my story back in Warcraft 3.
    Ah, the good ol' times, before Tyrande (and the entirety of NEs, it seems) became infected with Human Potential... !@#$ is like ****ing AIDS
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Why not gnomes, dwarves (non dark iron)? These had even less spotlight than Night Elves.
    Even the worgen is lacking. Genn is everywhere but rarely in worgen form. He is more of a character than a representation for his race.
    No, my point isn't Night Elves, my point is "anything but humans". The thread is about Night Elves, thus why I was arguing on their behalf. I would happily see Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen, or even Pandaren doing something.

Yeah back when the night elves entered a alliance of convenience for help against the legion and horde. They had their culture and would of loved to see how they banished all highborne after the cataclysm and what azshara would think of all that and the elune aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, my point isn't Night Elves, my point is "anything but humans". The thread is about Night Elves, thus why I was arguing on their behalf. I would happily see Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgen, or even Pandaren doing something.
    Actually I don't think humans get that much more going for them.
    They are just the main and most basic form of military. Like orcs are for horde. So they're used more as random npc soldiers. Outside of that, I can't remember any human-racial storyline going on recently. No, kul tiran =/= base stormwind human. Major leaders don't represent their races anymore, or at least most don't. Hell, night elves still have a pretty good theme going on.
    Base humans are blank, they are literally nothing. Even orcs have some kind of culture, name me a key human characteristic. You can't. And it's sad.
    Dwarves are also blank. Ever since the dark iron joined the Alliance the base dwarves disappeared. And it's sad.
    Gnomes are still used as tech people. At least a niche. Plus Mechagon is coming, maybe some gnome potential there?
    Night elves had many patches to shine their culture. They are heavily featured from pre-patch to Darkshore and even in 8.2.
    Draenei are done after Legion. Their whole arc is finished. They had 3 expansions of spotlight, 2 in a row.
    Worgen are not even referred to as worgen in game. They are "gilneans". Nobody uses their feral capabilities. They're humans when it's story time, worgen when random soldier npcs.
    Pandaren are like fan-fiction characters that you can play. Nobody acknowledges them, they do nothing, they are nowhere but you can play one.

Out of these I'd say the Draenei and the Night Elves are the most represented races on average, when it comes to actual story-arcs. Yes, we see a lot of humans, but they are just base-military-unit-X. Hell, in BfA even the soldier NPC's are diverse enough to disregard that.

Quote Originally Posted by Juuza View Post
    Woah when did this thread start talking about Camp Taurajo?
    Oh, I thought you were talking about Southshore. See, I can do this, too. Or what was that again in Stonetalon? Yeah right. Not sure if Camp Taurajo was a faction capital.. enlighten me..

The more of 8.2 I see alliance side the madder I get. Not a SINGLE night elf to be found in 90% of the story. Instead it’s Gen for some reason, and of course, Jaina. I genuinely can’t believe people actually got paid to write this.

What? Worse than having their racial capital destroyed, their population genocided?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What? Worse than having their racial capital destroyed, their population genocided?
    Ermh. I don't get your point.

The whole argument was about representation and "being in the spotlight" in regards to story.
    This has nothing to do whatever happened in-universe.

The point is they have a story going for them, while other races haven't had any developement in theirs for many expansions now. Whether good or bad.

Out of these I'd say the Draenei and the Night Elves are the most represented races on average, when it comes to actual story-arcs. Yes, we see a lot of humans, but they are just base-military-unit-X. Hell, in BfA even the soldier NPC's are diverse enough to disregard that.
    You just don't seem to get that this isn't about vanity, about limelight do you? It's about closure. How seem to be so unwilling to understand that really baffles me. Unless you are trolling of course.

Adding to that: the night elves are actually the 2nd most popular Alliance race by a very large margin. But it's not about that. How can someone be so thick headed is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole argument was about representation and "being in the spotlight" in regards to story.

The point is they have a story going for them, while other races haven't had any developement in theirs for many expansions now. Whether good or bad.
    As said before. This is not about "being in the spotlight". But it appears to be the only thing you are able to think about. Vanity.

And you are right with one thing: You don't get my point.

And no: this thread and argument isn't about representation.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-06-06 at 07:56 PM.

You just don't seem to get that this isn't about vanity, about limelight do you? It's about closure. How seem to be so unwilling to understand that really baffles me. Unless you are trolling of course.

Adding to that: the night elves are actually the 2nd most popular Alliance race by a very large margin. But it's not about that. How can someone be so thick headed is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

As said before. This is not about "being in the spotlight". But it appears to be the only thing you are able to think about. Vanity.

And you are right with one thing: You don't get my point.

And no: this thread and argument isn't about representation.
    The comment that I initially replied to was about representation, not whatever fan-fiction you have going on here.
    I argued the part where the guy said "night elves are under-represented" which is simply false. They have had major arcs and story-beats in many expansions now.

Now, do I think putting dwarves or worgen there would be more appropiate for the narrative in Nazjatar? No.
    Fortunately Blizz doesn't think that either. There will be Night Elf + Nightborne stuff there, just not with Tyrande. Which is fine, Tyrande isn't the sole representative of night elves.

The comment that I initially replied to was about representation, not whatever fan-fiction you have going on here.
    I argued the part where the guy said "night elves are under-represented" which is simply false. They have had major arcs and story-beats in many expansions now.

Now, do I think putting dwarves or worgen there would be more appropiate for the narrative in Nazjatar? No.
    Fortunately Blizz doesn't think that either. There will be Night Elf + Nightborne stuff there, just not with Tyrande. Which is fine, Tyrande isn't the sole representative of night elves.
    Why not? Also having Night Elves in Nazjatar is dumb. They should be fighting for their territory. Why is Shandris even there in the first place? Is human potential that strong that she HAS to follow the powerful men of the SI:7 everywhere, even when her people are fighting to save their homeland? Isn't she a commander of the Night Elf army or something?

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Why not? Also having Night Elves in Nazjatar is dumb. They should be fighting for their territory. Why is Shandris even there in the first place? Is human potential that strong that she HAS to follow the powerful men of the SI:7 everywhere, even when her people are fighting to save their homeland? Isn't she a commander of the Night Elf army or something?
    Why not... what?

I honestly don't care what race is or isn't there, as long as we get some story going.
    Shandris being there is... the same type of confusing as Nathanos being there. They are technically both in Darkshore and Nazjatar at the same time.
    Warfronts lore-wise are a mess when it comes to named characters. We'll probably get a canon closure sometime later. I hope.

I recommend you to read the thread title: "Tyrande got her revenge".

So: do you think the "Tides of Vengeance" were "appropriate" vengeance for the genocide on the nelves or not? It appears a lot of players disagree.

Or maybe make your own thread, because you seem to be a jealous player of another race. Suggested title:
    "Which Alliance race should get genocided next to be abused as plot device by the waifu fans in the devs office?"

You know, at this point, every reasonable player and fan of any race is just silently praying that their race is left alone by those so called "storytellers" and is not getting butchered like the nelves did.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-06-07 at 05:21 AM.

But we’re talking about Azshara here, the former NE queen, with 10,000 years of bad blood between her and the NEs in general, this isn’t so much about “Night elves need some positive representation” (Although they could do with some good news), it’s about “If there’s anything they *should* be heavily involved in, it’s this!”

Her revenge was trying to retake a small village in Darkshore and so far failed to do so???

I recommend you to read the thread title: "Tyrande got her revenge".

So: do you think the "Tides of Vengeance" were "appropriate" vengeance for the genocide on the nelves or not? It appears a lot of players disagree.

Or maybe make your own thread, because you seem to be a jealous player of another race. Suggested title:
    "Which Alliance race should get genocided next to be abused as plot device by the waifu fans in the devs office?"

You know, at this point, every reasonable player and fan of any race is just silently praying that their race is left alone by those so called "storytellers" and is not getting butchered like the nelves did.
    I don't care about the title of the thread. I did not reply to OP. Why would my reply have to do anything OP is saying, I replied to a different person.

I don't get your über defensive stance when it comes to Night Elves. They are not real, man. Enjoy or don't enjoy the story. But don't get too attached to in-game races, it's sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    But we’re talking about Azshara here, the former NE queen, with 10,000 years of bad blood between her and the NEs in general, this isn’t so much about “Night elves need some positive representation” (Although they could do with some good news), it’s about “If there’s anything they *should* be heavily involved in, it’s this!”
    And as we see Shandris is there to represent the night elves. I'm personally glad the night elves are not "Tyrande and Malfurion" all the time.

Plus the whole Darkshore thing makes it impossible for night elves to be major players in this story. Unless they all suddenly teleport there like Shandris did (or maybe Shandris showing up in Darkshore is not canon).

I don't get your über defensive stance when it comes to Night Elves. They are not real, man. Enjoy or don't enjoy the story. But don't get too attached to in-game races, it's sad.
    It is the same emotional reaction millions had with their disappointment with the last season of Game of Thrones.
    Yeah it is not real but the whole purpose of these movies, games, books and etc... is designed to make you actually care for something that is not real.

If you don't care then you are not entertained and if you are not entertained then you won't even bother watching it.
    When they make you care then they open themselves to criticism and sometimes rage or anguish for ruining what they made the viewer care about.

You see this in every form of entertainment.

I've not read most this thread but do Blizz seriously think that Tyrande got her revenge in her little quest line? Her whole tree got blown up, her city destroyed, her people massacred and they think that's revenge? And that she shouldn't be the focus of the patch involving both her arch enemies? What kind of drugs are they on over there?

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    The story for wow will never improve or get better until Steve Danuser is fired. He's responsible for the current garbage, Alex helped to.
    I would rather blame Christie and all Alliance fanatics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I've not read most this thread but do Blizz seriously think that Tyrande got her revenge in her little quest line? Her whole tree got blown up, her city destroyed, her people massacred and they think that's revenge? And that she shouldn't be the focus of the patch involving both her arch enemies? What kind of drugs are they on over there?
    You are on drugs if you think she should be in Naz'jatar.