Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin's human potential transcends reality and connects him to anyone that's ever existed. Sylvanas on the other hand is a fellow agent of N'zoth. Here's your history. Obviously that trumps the connection between Tyrande/Malfurion and Azshara.
    I was a fool to have been blind to human potential!


    Honestly, I'm fine with things changing and Teldrassil being burned and the night elves being decimated doesn't bother me at this point. It's what you do with those types of stories that matter. If they actually put in the effort for the night elves to basically scatter and become something of a nomadic people and explore how this affects them, that's enough for me. This would logically push them more towards druidism and one-with-nature aspects, but that can mean a more feral culture in ways as well. Play up that trendy Thanos angle that nature keeps things in balance and that means destruction and death as much as it means creation and life.

    Make the entire race akin to the Dunedain Rangers from LotR, roaming the wilds of Azeroth, their connection to the Alliance becoming more of a loose alliance, and taking action as they see fit by the guidance of nature and Elune. Let them be something of a wild card in the Alliance, starting larger trouble from time to time when they act to do what they perceive as right. Let Tyrande or Malfurion's absence at Alliance council meetings be notable and worrying to the others.

    If you're going to take away their home, do something with that plot point rather than "they just huddle in Stormwind now."

    I guess my TLDR to Blizzard would have been "It's fine to have huge, drastic changes to the world, so long as you take the victims of the turn of events and DO SOMETHING."
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-05-15 at 06:01 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Why do I still get notified when you reply to me? I've had you blocked forever.
    Blocking people is a complicated task for some, I suppose? Not that you making it known to the world that you can't handle certain people replying to you is particularly relevant to the topic at hand.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No one knows who Shandris is. Shandris isn't the character who lived first hand through Azshara and her reign. If anything, I'd argue it being Shandris makes it worse - She's nothing more than a personality-less filler character. You KNOW with her being there, that there's no story for the Night Elves to experience.

    Shandris didn't fight against Azshara's reign. Malfurion, Tyrande, and Illidan did.

    Illidan can't be there because he's busy as a jail guard millions of light years away. (Presumably.)
    So that leaves Tyrande and Malfurion.

    Not only would this have been a good time to capitalize on Tyrande's hate-boner for Sylvanas by forcing her to chase her out into the sea - It would have been a great way to counter the Human Potential argument that has plagued WoW since Cata. (And earlier, but more notably so in Cata.) If Tyrande had led the charge, she would have seen Azshara, understood that Azshara and, subsequently, N'zoth is at least PART of the reason for the war, and possibly had the sense to think "Sylvanas might not be redeemable, but maybe if we can bring her down the rest will realize their mistakes" at least.

    Is it perfect? No, I won't pretend it is.

    Is it better than "The two specific people who have a grudge against this boss, who have the ONLY STORY TO TELL with this boss, decided not to go cause they were busy cleaning up a minor mess in their plagued and ruined homeland. Instead, these two unrelated humans went, furthering the Human Potential argument, making Night Elves look even more incompetent than they already did, and ruining one of the few remaining major old lore bosses left in the game simultaneously.
    You're saying this as if I disagreed. I was clearly being sarcastic when I said that choosing someone who was a child during WotA to close Darnassian Night Elves vs Azshara story makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  3. #43
    Poor, poor night elf fans. They turned your eyes black hoping that'd make you blind to your plight.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-05-15 at 06:03 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Blocking people is a complicated task for some, I suppose? Not that you making it known to the world that you can't handle certain people replying to you is particularly relevant to the topic at hand.
    Moreso just don't want to know when you reply to me, but sure. It wasn't meant to be a question at you - I'd rather continue not hearing from you.

    You're saying this as if I disagreed. I was clearly being sarcastic when I said that choosing someone who was a child during WotA to close Darnassian Night Elves vs Azshara story makes sense.
    And this is why. You do realize we're over text, right?

    Sarcasm doesn't translate over text, but feel free to take the highroad over it anyway as I know you will since you always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  5. #45
    I am Murloc! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I was a fool to have been blind to human potential!


    Honestly, I'm fine with things changing and Teldrassil being burned and the night elves being decimated doesn't bother me at this point. It's what you do with those types of stories that matter. If they actually put in the effort for the night elves to basically scatter and become something of a nomadic people and explore how this affects them, that's enough for me. This would logically push them more towards druidism and one-with-nature aspects, but that can mean a more feral culture in ways as well. Play up that trendy Thanos angle that nature keeps things in balance and that means destruction and death as much as it means creation and life.

    Make the entire race akin to the Dunedain Rangers from LotR, roaming the wilds of Azeroth, their connection to the Alliance becoming more of a loose alliance, and taking action as they see fit by the guidance of nature and Elune. Let them be something of a wild card in the Alliance, starting larger trouble from time to time when they act to do what they perceive as right.

    If you're going to take away their home, do something with that plot point rather than "they just huddle in Stormwind now."

    I guess my TLDR to Blizzard would have been "It's fine to have this huge, drastic changes to the world, so long as you take the victims of the turn of events and DO SOMETHING."
    I like the idea of them being roaming nomads and it would be nice to see their culture transform a bit from "this land is our land" to "where ever I may roam"

    ....just realize I sorta quoted some songs

  6. #46
    Honestly not surprising.

    Blizzard has always hated the NE for some reason. After WC3 they couldn't give a fuck if they tried.

  7. #47
    Already exhausted most of my anger on Discord. Let's just say this bullshit by Blizzard has bred as much contempt for them in my soul as they apparently have for the average night elf player by expecting them to swallow and believe this disingenuous, transparent bullshit.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Make the entire race akin to the Dunedain Rangers from LotR, roaming the wilds of Azeroth, their connection to the Alliance becoming more of a loose alliance, and taking action as they see fit by the guidance of nature and Elune. Let them be something of a wild card in the Alliance, starting larger trouble from time to time when they act to do what they perceive as right. Let Tyrande or Malfurion's absence at Alliance council meetings be notable and worrying to the others.
    I mean this is pretty much what the Sentinels were. Rangers who roamed Kalimdor scouting for threats.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  9. #49
    This is actually hilariously bad. I play alliance, where exactly did tyrande get her revenge? When did it happen? Did I miss a cinematic or a cutscene or something? Last thing I remember is the darkshore warfront where there isn’t a canonical winner meaning the horde are still in the night elven areas. I also remember tyrande killed a val’kyr as if we haven’t done that plenty already. Where is her revenge exactly?

    And now that the story is actually focusing on ancient elven history specifically night elven history, she gets removed from the story? So night elves were basically added into the war campaign story to get absolutely decimated and then what? I mean how fucking bad is your story telling that you have to -tell- people that she got her revenge? You wouldn’t have to tell anyone at all if it was actually shown. I mean FFS, they went from really bad writing to not writing at all.

    Yeah let’s hear more about Anduin and sylvanas when the 10000 year old night elven leader is at the forefront of the story. I definitely wanna hear more about them for sure. Certainly not a good idea to include the night elves in this story.

    Jesus Christ lmao
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-15 at 06:13 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This is actually hilariously bad. I play alliance, where exactly did tyrande get her revenge? When did it happen? Did I miss a cinematic or a cutscene or something? Last thing I remember is the darkshore warfront where there isn’t a canonical winner meaning the horde are still in the night elven areas. I also remember tyrande killed a val’kyr as if we haven’t done that plenty already. Where is her revenge exactly?
    Remember the Nathanos cinematic where Tyrande made a cameo and stood there menacingly? That was her revenge. That and failing to stop him so a ton of night elves just join Sylvanas. Truly an epic revenge story.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This is actually hilariously bad. I play alliance, where exactly did tyrande get her revenge? When did it happen? Did I miss a cinematic or a cutscene or something? Last thing I remember is the darkshore warfront where there isn’t a canonical winner meaning the horde are still in the night elven areas. I also remember tyrande killed a val’kyr as if we haven’t done that plenty already. Where is her revenge exactly?

    And now that the story is actually focusing on ancient elven history specifically night elven history, she gets removed from the story? So night elves were basically added into the war campaign story to get absolutely decimated and then what? I mean how fucking bad is your story telling that you have to -tell- people that she got her revenge? You wouldn’t have to tell anyone at all if it was actually shown. I mean FFS, they went from really bad writing to not writing at all.
    She killed a few forsaken and orc mooks and got some dumb transformation that made her just competent enough to take out one of multiple Sylvanas plot devices that she got in WotLK for god knows what reason, but only if she works together with the world's strongest Archdruid.

    That's her "revenge."

  12. #52
    Pit Lord Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,420
    Disgusting. Poor NE. Poor Tyrande. They started bringing back the feral side of the race only to leave it there.

  13. #53
    It's kind of weird that Tyrande is considered to have had her revenge, yet in-game Jaina says that the Horde will still pay for Teldrassil when she agrees to a temporary truce.

    Then again, it's not surprising. The writers are always terrible with Tyrande. She goes to Val'sharah to save her husband and after flailing around yelling out for him for 30 minutes, she is forced to fight Ysera instead. Then she's not heard of for the rest of the Emerald Nightmare arc. The city she was born and raised in is taken over by the Legion and she not only shows up late, but then all she proceeds to do is insult the Nightborne rebellion and then gets frozen in time.

    They'll never let her be cool. Or useful.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Remember the Nathanos cinematic where Tyrande made a cameo and stood there menacingly? That was her revenge. That and failing to stop him so a ton of night elves just join Sylvanas. Truly an epic revenge story.
    @Yarathir

    Ah yeah. That was really nice. She killed some random nobodies together with Malfurion, yelled at Anduin and then became “the night warrior” and ended up doing nothing at all. That’s really good revenge if you leave out the fact she literally got to do nothing.

    I’m also really glad they don’t wanna include the night elves in a story centered around their 10000 year old queen. I couldn’t be more excited for more story with maximum human potential and not-garrosh.

    Th writing in WoW has never been great but holy fuck if there were a contest about who could set the lowest bar I think these BfA writers would win. Even if it’s the same guy whose been writing sylvanas for 10 years, doesn’t matter. They just absolutely trashed what could’ve been 2 interesting story lines (tyrandes revenge and the night elves with azshara). Par for the course I guess.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-05-15 at 06:21 PM.

  15. #55
    Remember that quote from the story and lore developer stream?
    The Terror of Darkshore cutscene was a moment to show the ferocity of the night elves seen in past games.
    It was nice while it lasted, right guys?

    I feel bad for the night elf fans in particular. This is just a slap in the face.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-05-15 at 06:54 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    @Yarathir

    Ah yeah. That was really nice. She killed some random nobodies together with Malfurion, yelled at Anduin and then became “the night warrior” and ended up doing nothing at all. That’s really good revenge if you leave out the fact she literally got to do nothing.

    I’m also really glad they don’t wanna include the night elves in a story centered around their 10000 year old queen. I couldn’t be more excited for more story with maximum human potential and not-garrosh.
    Remember that one guy she froze in place and didn't even kill? And then I think he got freed later on?

    SUCH REVENGE.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    @Yarathir

    Ah yeah. That was really nice. She killed some random nobodies together with Malfurion, yelled at Anduin and then became “the night warrior” and ended up doing nothing at all. That’s really good revenge if you leave out the fact she literally got to do nothing.

    I’m also really glad they don’t wanna include the night elves in a story centered around their 10000 year old queen. I couldn’t be more excited for more story with maximum human potential and not-garrosh.
    Yep, I can't wait for the people who are really involved in the Azshara story to shine in this patch, who are Anduin, Jaina and Sylvanas.

  18. #58
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Yep, I can't wait for the people who are really involved in the Azshara story to shine in this patch, who are Anduin, Jaina and Sylvanas.
    "you'll suffer for your crimes against Stormwind Azshara!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Yep, I can't wait for the people who are really involved in the Azshara story to shine in this patch, who are Anduin, Jaina and Sylvanas.
    B-but Shandris also gets to play a role. That's.. totally something.. right? No?

    Oh god, I remember joking that Thalyssra and Liadrin would be the ones to take down Azshara and that Tyrande would be absent. I was trying to be overly cynical, and it ended up being true. (well, half-true, at least) Hilarious..ly sad.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    "you'll suffer for your crimes against Stormwind Azshara!"
    Anduin's revenge has been a long time coming, he really deserves the kill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    B-but Shandris also gets to play a role. That's.. totally something.. right? No?

    Oh god, I remember joking that Thalyssra and Liadrin would be the ones to take down Azshara and that Tyrande would be absent. I was trying to be overly cynical, and it ended up being true. (well, half-true, at least) Hilarious..ly sad.
    I can't wait for *token night elf with default model* to give the night elves true representation but be irrelevant to the actual story!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •