Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Disgusting. Poor NE. Poor Tyrande. They started bringing back the feral side of the race only to leave it there.
    I have a feeling Tyrande is going to do something really stupid in 8.3 and somebody gonna get caught in the crossfire.

Can we please already leave the alliance? This is horrible.
    Playing ugly (horde) characters doesn't make you an interesting person!
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

Gonna play some Warcraft 3 and remember a time when Blizzard last and only time they cared about Night Elves

I mean seriously ever since WoW started back in 2004 Night Elves have been an afterthought. I know some people will say "BUT DA BFA SHITE LOREZ". But they are totally clueless because this shit goes back to vanilla.

It;s like after Warcraft 3 someone said "yea I don;t like how this race turned out, let's stick them in the corner and let them gather dust until people forget they exist"

So annoyed

Well never fear I am sure it will be explained in a book /s
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-15 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Gonna play some Warcraft 3 and remember a time when Blizzard last cared about Night Elves

I mean seriously ever since WoW started back in 2004 Night Elves have been an afterthought. I know some people will say "BUT DA BFA SHITE LOREZ" but they are totally clueless that this shit goes back to vanilla.

So annoyed
    You knew the Nelves were going down when Blizz thought a happy jumping animation would be great for idle Nelves.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

Why are you all mentioning Anduin again? Anduin is nowhere in 8.2. He is not part of the story with Azshara. It's Shandris and Thalysra who are center stage, with Theron, Genn and Jaina as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    You knew the Nelves were going down when Blizz thought a happy jumping animation would be great for idle Nelves.
    That was the subtle first jab of many to come :P

When was Tyrande and Azshara these "bitter" enemies?

Tyrande and her people are homeless, what would Azshara gain by going after them? Again, Tyrande and her people are homeless... what would they have to gain by going after Azshara?

If Blizzard did like I suggested over a year ago and let the Night Elves move to Val'sharah, then yeah they'd be more in the vicinity of Naz'jatar, but there's literally no reason for Tyrande to go to Darkshore, since she's not actively fighting the Horde in that area.

Yeah I'm calling bullhonkey on that. Proper revenge would be sending a thousand ashen wisps to Archimonde Orgrimmar.

At best, canonically retaking one of the two zones the Horde stole, the shittier one that was almost destroyed already by the Cataclysm, doesn't feel gratifying.

We have the power of an actual god on our side, I want some OP uses of it. A starfall the size of meteors, that big "drop the moon" balance druid attack but literally dropping the actual moon, let's do some damage.

Heck, if we want some morally grey Alliance, let's have her take it out on Mulgore until Thunder Bluff looks like Darkshore.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-05-15 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I feel for night elf players here, really I do. Blizzard really did fuck them beyond repair and this isn't even the climax. Next up is Tyrande forgiving the Horde through the wisdom of the boiking.
    Honestly, I could see WoW taking a 4-faction route after this: Sylvanas' Horde, Saurfang's Horde, Anduin's Alliance, and Tyrande's Alliance. Not that any good writing would come of this, but it certainly is a path the current story could lead to.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Yeah I'm calling bullhonkey on that. Proper revenge would be sending a thousand ashen wisps to Archimonde Orgrimmar.

At best, canonically retaking one of the two zones the Horde stole, the shittier one that was almost destroyed already by the Cataclysm, doesn't feel gratifying.
    The proper thing imo would be for Tyrande to have completely won over Darkshore and for the Warfront to be over Ashenvale, essentially moving the war at Orgrimmar's gates. It would be for Delaryn and Sira to have been raised before Tyrande ever got there (if they need those characters for a future plot that is) instead of having Nathanos taunt Tyrande with this. It would have been for her to actually kill some named Forsaken (can't kill Nathanos obviously, he is more important than her in this story).
    All of these were very doable.

This is why we need Warcraft 4, so every race DOES get a fair exposure, most of WoW is just our nameless hero collecting bear asses...

Quote Originally Posted by Margamanthak View Post
    Honestly, I could see WoW taking a 4-faction route after this: Sylvanas' Horde, Saurfang's Horde, Anduin's Alliance, and Tyrande's Alliance. Not that any good writing would come of this, but it certainly is a path the current story could lead to.
    That would mean splitting the faction base. You cannot have that.

What I find most likely since a long while is this:
    The factions are at peace and players can group cross faction. Each faction has a subfaction (or more than one) that is affiliated as a sort of paramilitary organization and seeks to continue the Horde. The main factions largely ignore them going forward and PvP players (and War Mode) is about declaring allegiance to that subfaction (as you said, likely laid by Sylvanas and Tyrande but with members from many races).

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Remember the Nathanos cinematic where Tyrande made a cameo and stood there menacingly? That was her revenge. That and failing to stop him so a ton of night elves just join Sylvanas. Truly an epic revenge story.
    Inb4 those Night Elves infiltrated the ranks of the Forsaken on Tyrande's orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

If tyrande had her moment in the spotlight and got revenge for the extermination/genocide of the night elves then blizzard is even more delusional than i thought.
    BfA = Worst product ever made by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Inb4 those Night Elves infiltrated the ranks of the Forsaken on Tyrande's orders.
    Well, at least in Sira's case I used to hope so, but I guess we can safely forget that now.

yeah Tyrande had her revenge whatever.. now here's another new beautifully rendered cutscene with Saurfang! #nofavouritism

Wait.. what even was her "revenge"? Fighting Nathanos until he ran away? Are Nightelves at least canonically back in control of Darkshore??

Pretty much to be expected. Nightelves were all fridged for Horde character development. Tyrande had her "trials of the high king" quest, now back to Horde.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

As a Night Elf fan, we're pretty used to this sort of treatment by now. One of the lead story writers must have been ganked by a Night Elf back in vanilla and has forever resented them for it.

"Your revenge for having an entire city's worth of civilians burned alive and for having the majority of your ancestral homelands invaded is... a warfront that will never get a canon victor, an "Enough!" from Our Lord and Savior Nathanos (praise be unto him), and a cutscene of Malfurion killing some random soldiers and Tyrande looking angry. Oh and you killed a Valkyr. Not the last one, but you got one! Don't be greedy!"

I guess we should be glad we managed to make Nathanos use 1% of his power. Nothin personnel, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You know what, as stupid as that would be, I wouldn't even be a little bit surprised. It's already pretty clear that Delaryn is being set up to betray Sylvanas somehow, but I expect even if she does, nothing will come of it. Maybe it'll be a lead-in for Alliance getting a Dark Ranger class of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    So they don't have time for Tyrande or her people, but other characters like Jaina, Saurfang, Genn and Anduin continue to get focus beyond a single patch. Bravo. So night elves are basically a macguffin race at this point, right?
    Yeah, I agree. I don't mind the writing for some other characters, but they need to resolve some of the big issues, not just brush them under the table like nothing happened.

Hell, the Nazjatar dialog goes like this:

Jaina: We had a common enemy. Sylvanas wanted us at each other's throats. Perhaps that's what Azshara wants, too.
    Hold on... Are you suggesting we lay down our arms and fight beside them? After all they've done?!
    Jaina: No. Merely that we direct our efforts against Azshara instead of the Horde. That could buy time for Saurfang's rebellion to take root.
    Jaina: There must be vengeance for Teldrassil.
    In other words, Teldrassil has not been resolved, even by the damn characters in game.

All the writing for this entire expansion has been a massive cluster fuck though, so knowing Blizzard they're going to just brush the Night Elf story under the table as resolved just like they did with the Worgen and Varian's threat of "We will refocus and retake Gilneas" after SoO.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2019-05-15 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Hell, the Nazjatar dialog goes like this:

In other words, Teldrassil has not been resolved, even by the freaking characters in game.
    True, but that vengeance is not Tyrande's to have. Jaina or Anduin are going to be the ones who claim vengeance for Teldrassil. Because you know, reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I feel for night elf players here, really I do. Blizzard really did fuck them beyond repair and this isn't even the climax. Next up is Tyrande forgiving the Horde through the wisdom of the boiking.
    eh, dont worry about it. this is the 5th orso time the nelfs have had a 90+% population wipe and they are always totally fine a few patches later.