Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Orgrimmar, Undercity and Dazar'alor..

Theramore was not an unprovoked attack, it was:
    1: A valid military target
    2: A weeks notice was given to get civilians out.
    3: Exposure of a self-proclaimed neutral city that aided Alliance.
    Orgrimmar is also a valid military target, so I guess Jaina should've drowned it like she wanted to.

Oh, and those civilians that supposedly escaped? Garrosh hunted them down, took them to Orgrimmar and used them as training dummies.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Orgrimmar is also a valid military target, so I guess Jaina should've drowned it like she wanted to.

Oh, and those civilians that supposedly escaped? Garrosh hunted them down, took them to Orgrimmar and used them as training dummies.
    It was Malkorock or however it’s spelled captured them and gifted them to Garrosh iirc, garrosh himself didn’t go after them, not that it makes it any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It was Malkorock or however it’s spelled captured them and gifted them to Garrosh iirc, garrosh himself didn’t go after them, not that it makes it any better.
    Yeah, I don't really recall the specifics, because honestly- is it even worth it anymore? Just that even those that escaped were captured and tortured, which is, as far as I know, the reason Jaina went full "DISMANTLE" again at the end of SoO.

Also, to be fair:

The warning was given by Baine, who went against Garrosh's orders to do it. It was not given by the horde leader orchestrating the attack.

Also, I don't know where they get 'self-proclaimed neutra' Jaina and by extension Theramore were pro peace with the horde but they were ALWAYS ALLIANCE. There was no point where Theramore was neutral.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Also, to be fair:

The warning was given by Baine, who went against Garrosh's orders to do it. It was not given by the horde leader orchestrating the attack.

Also, I don't know where they get 'self-proclaimed neutra' Jaina and by extension Theramore were pro peace with the horde but they were ALWAYS ALLIANCE. There was no point where Theramore was neutral.
    Jaina also admits they are a target in tides of war and asks the Kirin tor to help maintain neutrality by helping her capture Garrosh, basically the writer doesn’t know how to use the term neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Kinda silly that Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar to deal with Queen Aszhara. I took that as a given. I mean Shandris herself got just as much screentime as Tyrande this expansion. She is all over the war campaign for example. I mean Tyrande isn't even in the Darkshore Warfront :P

It's fine and all that Tyrande had her questline, but that's really it isn't it. I just don't think the "modern" devs like Tyrande that much. Such becomes the same with the player base. It would be nice with old school Tyrande again, but that won't happen.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

zzz in ten characters basically

However, I echo the statement that less screentime we get, the smaller the chance Blizzard will fuck it up. Can't help but to believe that they'll take a massive dump on Azshara, though. If it's just human and orcs vs Naga, I'll be very disappointed. Night Elves are such a major area for Naga lore, it's mindboggling to think they'll focus less so on Tyrande and more on Anduin or whoever for Alliance.

Also, I pray Darkshore/Night Elven chapter isn't closed there by now. Darkshore is unusable for roleplay right now. I'm fine with it being contested, but at least give a zone that doesn't change to reflect the resolution of the warfront. But hey, fuck nelves right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well Night Elf players, hope you've got money for a race change
    Would be really hilarious if someone actually race changes because of stuff like this.

I have to admit, it has been garbage storytelling at times this expansion. Feels to me they've got so much they wanted to tell they end up half telling everybody's story, be better if they at least focused on a few stories because the loose ends is such a shame. At the start i was super hype to see Tyrande and the night elf stuff, and it felt like "battle for azeroth". But now its just so... meh. Disappointed, and I'm usually quite positive about this stuff. Hope they get to finish some storylines off before the end of the expansion.
    Last edited by Kromus!; 2019-05-16 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Kinda silly that Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar to deal with Queen Aszhara. I took that as a given. I mean Shandris herself got just as much screentime as Tyrande this expansion. She is all over the war campaign for example. I mean Tyrande isn't even in the Darkshore Warfront :P

It's fine and all that Tyrande had her questline, but that's really it isn't it. I just don't think the "modern" devs like Tyrande that much. Such becomes the same with the player base. It would be nice with old school Tyrande again, but that won't happen.
    I personally think Tyrande has a target on her back by now, she has gone off the deep end with a ritual that they took pains to say was dangerous, and suddenly Shandris shows up everywhere, including places you'd expect Tyrande to be (Like Nazjatar), are they building Shandris up to take over as NE leader?

Bit late to the thread, but eesh, that's just wrong on so many levels.

Yeah, there's simply no defending the level of stupidity shown by blizzard here.

I suppose less screen time means she's less likely to be shit on by the writers? *Shrug*
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which was wrong. But that doesn't negate the fact that those civilians weren't there during the bombing of Theramore and that Theramore was at the time of the bombing a purely military target.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Also, to be fair:

Garrosh was going to sit on his ass in front of Theramore regardless of Baine though. So I'm pretty sure they'd have gotten the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Jaina also admits they are a target in tides of war and asks the Kirin tor to help maintain neutrality by helping her capture Garrosh, basically the writer doesn’t know how to use the term neutral.
    Or even stay consistent because earlier in Tides of War she herself admits that asking Kirin Tor to help her would be asking them to break their neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I suppose less screen time means she's less likely to be shit on by the writers? *Shrug*
    Pretty much, yes. If Tyrande was in Nazjatar we risked her going friend no jutsu on Azshara and trying to convince her to abandon N'zoth and join her instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Pretty much, yes. If Tyrande was in Nazjatar we risked her going friend no jutsu on Azshara and trying to convince her to abandon N'zoth and join her instead.
    Man, you know when blizzard forces US of all people to agree on something, they reeeeeally messed up...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I personally think Tyrande has a target on her back by now, she has gone off the deep end with a ritual that they took pains to say was dangerous, and suddenly Shandris shows up everywhere, including places you'd expect Tyrande to be (Like Nazjatar), are they building Shandris up to take over as NE leader?
    Definitely a possibility that she will take over the reigns. But I guess they either have to make Tyrande really great, like world saving great, or dead. It seems to be the only options..:P Of course they can make it so she finds other stuff to do, but then we'll see her in every other expansion like Jaina I suppose.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

Classic B team writing. Rehashes a better expansion (MoP) with no class design and with the same story pacing as the worst expansion (WoD).
    I would not be shocked if they just abandoned the whole tryande thing as a whole AND sylvannas being a villain just so we can fight nzoth as the big bad and forget everything else. Just like in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Orgrimmar, Undercity and Dazar'alor..

Theramore was not an unprovoked attack, it was:
    1: A valid military target
    2: A weeks notice was given to get civilians out.
    3: Exposure of a self-proclaimed neutral city that aided Alliance.
    Okay but none of the other Alliance attacks on us were unprovoked either. Hell in the case of Orgrimmar they supported a Horde rebellion :P
    Twas brillig

Man night elf fans, I feel sorry for you, I really do

At least you still got pretty aesthetics... Darkshore Warfront armor is neat

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Humans got no particular lore in WoD to be fair.
    Khadgar was reintroduced as a major character and pretty much drove the ENTIRETY of WoD forward, Varian played a major role, and despite having little to nothing to do in Draenor even Jaina ended up showing up there.

Dwarves get lore quite frequently; Classic had more dwarf than human lore, TBC had as much human as dwarf (the Wildhammers in Shadowmoon), Wrath had a lot of dwarf lore, Cata had plenty, MoP was limited but still had some (MoP was the most human centric), WoD had Alliance Dark Irons as major characters, Legion and BfA have Magni and Brann and BfA has the Dark Iron allied race scenario.
    Cata had almost no dwarf lore. They had TITAN lore, but that is not the same as Dwarf lore. In fact, despite the Dark Irons being reintroduced to the game, only Brann got screentime in actual story.

Night Elves had Classic, a tiny bit in TBC, almost nothing in Wrath, plenty in Cata, very little in MoP, nothing in WoD, plenty in Legion and BfA
    Correction:
    Night Elves were butchered in Classic. Everything they stood for in Warcraft up to now was thrown away to put them on the same team as the Alliance.
    TBC had SOME naga and Illidan, but didn't delve into any of the actual lore behind any of it.
    Wrath had NO Night Elf lore.
    Cata had Hyjal, which subesequently also ended up as the Firelands. However, in an expansion about the world falling apart and nature and balance being torn asunder, it feels kind of strange to not have the race based on nature and balance be front and center here, doesn't it?
    MoP had NO Night Elf lore, and despite 10,000 years longer on the planet, Tyrande apparently didn't spend any time studying combat tactics as her races political and martial leader. Because the human, less than a blip of her lifespan, taught her more about combat than she learned in 10,000 years prior apparently, by saying "Patience, Tyrande" over and over.
    WoD had NO Night Elf lore.
    Legion had almost no Night Elf lore. Despite being a place based on Night Elf lore, Val'sharah taught us basically nothing except that Malfurion once trained there. We were too busy fixing Cenarius and the Nightmare to learn anything about what is unique or lore important about Val'sharah, except that Shaldrassil exists there. (We knew that already.) The Tears of Elune don't even seem to be important to Night Elf lore - They've just guarded them. Was there plenty of potential for Night Elf lore? Yes. Was there any? No. The Tears literally don't even have a backstory. There's nothing about what Val'sharah was or what it meant to the Night Elves. And Illidan's return didn't even evoke emotion from Malfurion OR Tyrande - We basically missed EVERYTHING that could have been hit for Night Elves in Legion, and don't pretend "We'll just hit it later!" There's no guarantee of a later.
    Finally BfA - Not only did the Night Elves START the expansion losing their home, the first patch doesn't even cover what they're doing about it. The second patch apparently is their ENTIRE REVENGE for the tree, by trading Darkshore back and forth with the undead for a bit - And then finally, the biggest piece of Night Elf lore is being used for a patch and what do they do?
    "Night Elves don't need the focus here. We're going to put humans there instead."

My problem was never that there weren't ENOUGH Night Elves. If they used Humans just as little, there'd be no problem.

But they don't. They replace all good scenarios for Night Elves with Humans. They replace all good scenarios for ANY race with Humans. Humans have ALL of the story.

Gnomes also have Classic, a tiny bit in TBC, their Gnomeregan scenario in Wrath and pretty much nothing till Mechagon except for Gelbin getting some screen time.
    Gnomes had barely anything in Classic, nothing in BC, nothing in Wrath because the Gnomer scenario was the Cata pre-patch, and nothing else until BfA.

So, can you explain to me where the Dwarves, the Gnomes, the Night Elves, the Worgen, the Draenei - Where have they been? You want to see a real fuck up?

Draenei: TBC had their introduction and spats, but until Legion, Draenei had almost no place in the story. They had another minor showing in WoD, but quickly took a back seat to more Orcs.

And, I'm sure you didn't bother to think about this at all, so here's the conclusion:

Humans have gotten lore or a story spotlight EVERY. EXPANSION. Night Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Draenei - Nothing. We're lucky if they make a minor cameo to say how humans are great. If you don't view that as a problem, I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2019-05-16 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Khadgar was reintroduced as a major character and pretty much drove the ENTIRETY of WoD forward, Varian played a major role, and despite having little to nothing to do in Draenor even Jaina ended up showing up there.
    That's really not human lore. It is entirely specific to Khadgar himself. Varian had as major a role as Vol'jin did, which is to say, not any.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Cata had almost no dwarf lore. They had TITAN lore, but that is not the same as Dwarf lore. In fact, despite the Dark Irons being reintroduced to the game, only Brann got screentime in actual story.
    Twilight Highlands?

Gnomes had Toshley's Station in BC. not a lot, but they had that.

Draenei had a whole zone and a huge part of a second zone to be fair, along with Yrel being a major character.