Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Thumbs down "Tyrande got her revenge"

Blizz honestly believes that Darkshore was 'revenge' for Teldrassil

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291733/...-with-blizzard

Shani began by saying that Tides of Vengeance gave the team its chance to “tell a little bit of Tyrande’s story” but that the focus in Nazjatar is going to shift to delve into other characters and to see more of what Sylvanas and Anduin are up to.

“I think she had her moment where we told some of her story and she got her revenge for the Night Elves. I don’t think we’re exploring her story too much more in Nazjatar though.” Shani said.

Morgan picked up the conversation. “The problem is there is so much to be told. Everyone has characters they want to expand on, but we also want to introduce new ones and to find ways to weave those stories together. With Rise of Azshara, the emphasis is on Sylvanas and Azshara herself. They are the focus. There’s just so much happening.”

And as wowhead's Perculia says

Blizzard in the interview describes her character arc in positive terms, noting she "got her revenge for the Night Elves." But did she really get her revenge?

It's not a particularly clear victory for Tyrande, as Darkshore remains a contested zone with no canonical winner, and we learned Sylvanas has the ability to raise Night Elves now. Perhaps we're meant to assume that the Horde retreated from Darkshore around the time of Dazar'alor, as Nathanos left Darkshore, but this is explicitly stated anywhere--and still leaves the Night Elves at a massive disadvantage after the Burning of Teldrassil.
    Twas brillig

I feel for night elf players here, really I do. Blizzard really did fuck them beyond repair and this isn't even the climax. Next up is Tyrande forgiving the Horde through the wisdom of the boiking.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Blizz honestly believes that Darkshore was 'revenge' for Teldrassil
    It's official, Blizzard's writers are actively competing against GoT's. This is their reply to "Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Because a Warfront that can't actually show you the canon outcome without another patch is a good answer. /s

Don't bother, Blizz. Update Darkshore again and kick the Horde out and give the Night Elves a new home, then we'll talk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well Night Elf players, hope you've got money for a race change
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

This is laughable. GG Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She prayed top anduin so hard it quenched her lust for revenge.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    "The fuck is a night elf, is that a human? No? Then fuck them"

Alliance writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Tyrand and Azshara: NO MORE TO TELL

A interview of MMORPG.COM was published today. It talks about Tyrande, Sylvanas, PVP and characters models. The answers about the participation of Tyrande in Nazjatar are dissapointing:

“I think she had her moment where we told some of her story and she got her revenge for the Night Elves. I don’t think we’re exploring her story too much more in Nazjatar though.”

“With Rise of Azshara, the emphasis is on Sylvanas and Azshara herself. They are the focus. There’s just so much happening.”

So Tyrande and Azshara are bitter enemies but they left everything in the past O_o

You can read more at MMORPG.COM interview: https://bit.ly/2EeqEAi
    WoWhead article: https://bit.ly/2w2gOwW

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The problem is there is so much to be told. Everyone has characters they want to expand on, but we also want to introduce new ones and to find ways to weave those stories together. With Rise of Azshara, the emphasis is on Sylvanas and Azshara herself. They are the focus. There’s just so much happening.
    So they don't have time for Tyrande or her people, but other characters like Jaina, Saurfang, Genn and Anduin continue to get focus beyond a single patch. Bravo. So night elves are basically a macguffin race at this point, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I feel for night elf players here, really I do. Blizzard really did fuck them beyond repair and this isn't even the climax. Next up is Tyrande forgiving the Horde through the wisdom of the boiking.
    In Cata they took Azshara and half the Ashenvale from them and given to the Horde, now Darkshore is a constant battlefield, Hyjal is ravaged by servants of Deathwing and Ragnaros, Teldrassil is charcoal, what do Night Elves even have left as their lands? Half of Feralas? The one that isn't taken by harpies, Tauren, ghosts, Ogres or corrupted Green Dragons?

I guess they can join Gnomes, Worgen, Dranenei and all the other Alliance races that got nothing, but don't worry, at least they can be happy they have "human potential" next to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Think about positives - the less screentime tyrande gets the less chances blizz will shit on nelves again.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    She has fresher enemies then fish face there isn’t any reason for her to stop her war on the horde for an old grudge.

Although it's not really that surprising. The fist pump moment for Alliance in MoP that they were promising them for over a year turned out to be Jaina committing ethnic/political cleansing. If that's fist pump moment, then why shouldn't Darkshore pass for revenge?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Great - So Azshara is wasted to this godforsaken expansion as well.

There's no Azshara story to tell without the Night Elves. And without Tyrande, the Night Elves have no story there.
    The story is told through Shandris. Who was a child during WotA, I think. Makes sense.

Meanwhile here's Thrall and his wheat field in cinematic form.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

This honestly makes me a little angry ^^ I don't actually hate BfA's story up to now and while I do have some minor complaints, to me it's not the shitshow many make it out to be.
    But to start it all by burning the fucking tree and have Tyrande talk about Sylvanas committing genocide and then saying 'We threw you a bone, now sit back down and watch what else we're doing'... along with a freaking war that takes place in some strange places and Anduin telling Tyrande that the Nightelves's revenge comes 'later' is... a bit infuriating. Why was taking back Ashenvale and Darkshore and then marching on Orgrimmar not the very first thing that got done instead of... attacking freaking Lordaeron and then Zul'dazar? actually wtf.
    I was hoping that they'd at least be giving the Nightelves some more thought and story in dealing with what happened, not only by giving Tyrande some nice new customization, but by actually giving some closure or at least some more dialogues and an active part in the actual storyline.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    So they don't have time for Tyrande or her people, but other characters like Jaina, Saurfang, Genn and Anduin continue to get focus beyond a single patch. Bravo. So night elves are basically a macguffin race at this point, right?
    It's called #HumanPotential. Yes, Saurfang isn't Human, but he works with them, so he enjoys a sort of provisional protection. Ditto for Baine.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Good thing I already unsubbed after the abysmal Danuser/Gregory dev interview *phew*. I guess Blizz won't see another cent from me. What makes me even more salty is the new high res Saurfang trailer when they coudn't even be bothered to put Tyrandes character model into the Darkshore scenario.... It is disgusting.

Lets just hope this causes a backlash on blizz and the writers. Danuser and Alex need to be layed off by Activision with the next round of layoffs. It's the only way things will ever change. Danuser views himself as Nathanos. But in another article they claim Zandalar raid was payback for Teldrassil, not darkshore. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ounced/30340/2

Seems like blizzard is trying to confuse players. First they claimed Zandalar raid was payback then now there switching it to darkshore. They just don't want to give the nightelves the development they deserve. Tell your friends that don't play wow or those that think of returning.