Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    In Cata they took Azshara and half the Ashenvale from them and given to the Horde, now Darkshore is a constant battlefield, Hyjal is ravaged by servants of Deathwing and Ragnaros, Teldrassil is charcoal, what do Night Elves even have left as their lands? Half of Feralas? The one that isn't taken by harpies, Tauren, ghosts, Ogres or corrupted Green Dragons?

I guess they can join Gnomes, Worgen, Dranenei and all the other Alliance races that got nothing, but don't worry, at least they can be happy they have "human potential" next to them.
    To be honest none of them lived in Azshara, they considered it forsaken wasteland. There was also little but ruins in Darkshore. Auberdine was their only dwelling. Hyjal wasn't really a home for them, more like a temple they were protecting. Ashenvale was where most of them lived, until they grew Teldrassil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Good thing I already unsubbed after the abysmal Danuser/Gregory dev interview *phew*. I guess Blizz won't see another cent from me. What makes me even more salty is the new high res Saurfang trailer when they coudn't even be bothered to put Tyrandes character model into the Darkshore scenario.... It is disgusting.
    They couldn't be bothered to put her in the warfront because... I dunno. They decided that she was doing something else at the time? You're grasping for straws.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, that one Val'kyr we have killed at Darkshore must have been Sylvanas favourite maid or something. Seems like her death counts as a vengeance for having hundreds of civilians burned alive. Or maybe it was the part where Nathanos and Horde champion raised dozens of Dark Rangers who instantly became loyal to the Forsaken. That must have been a crippling blow to the Sylvanas' forces.

I assume Malfurion also had his revenge - I guess burying that one orc alive in the cinematic nearly caused the entire Horde to surrender on the spot. It will take them seconds to recover from this great tragedy and they'll be mourning his death for ages to come.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    To be honest none of them lived in Azshara, they considered it forsaken wasteland. There was also little but ruins in Darkshore. Auberdine was their only dwelling. Hyjal wasn't really a home for them, more like a temple they were protecting. Ashenvale was where most of them lived, until they grew Teldrassil.

- - - Updated - - -

They couldn't be bothered to put her in the warfront because... I dunno. They decided that she was doing something else at the time? You're grasping for straws.
    If I recall, there were a couple small Night Elf towns in Azshara pre-Cata, weren't there? And they had people scattered doing various things there.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Man, that one Val'kyr we have killed at Darkshore must have been Sylvanas favourite maid or something. Seems like her death counts as a vengeance for having hundreds of civilians burned alive. Or maybe it was the part where Nathanos and Horde champion raised dozens of Dark Rangers who instantly became loyal to the Forsaken. That must have been a crippling blow to the Sylvanas' forces.

I assume Malfurion also had his revenge - I guess burying that one orc alive in the cinematic nearly caused the entire Horde to surrender on the spot. It will take them seconds to recover from this great tragedy and they'll be mourning his death for ages to come.
    Val'kyr in maid outfits serving Sylvanas... quick, I need a talented artist to work on this!

If you want a better story, the Horde is waiting for you.

oh wait....
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

She should have listened to her very wise, very knowledgeable human master and maybe she would have gotten more revenge

It's almost like they are trying to tank the Franchise so they can stop working on it and move to something "new".

What history does Sylvanas and Anduin have in regards to Azshara?

What history does Tyrande and Malfurion have with Azshara?

The answer to those questions should have easily told them who should be involved.....

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not talking about the Warfront, read properly before making rude comments.

i really hope danuser is fired eventually.

and whoever thought trying to copy capeshit movie plot design was a good idea.

i assumed they'd at least say she was still in darkshore/ashenvale, killing horde. but this a whole other level.

It's bad enough that they truly consider the Darkshore warfront (a never ending battle without a clear victory one way or another) as a proper "revenge" for the Night Elves and Tyrande in particular. To add salt to the wound, she doesn't have anything to do with Nazjatar.

Tyrande and Azshara have a slight bit of history, since the War of the Ancients. Tyrande was a prisoner in the Eternal Palace at one point, where Vashj tried to trick her by releasing her, only to try to kill her - all because Azshara wanted Tyrande to be her handmaiden, which she refused. Since then, Tyrande has been somewhat tormented by the idea of Azshara. She had visions of her in the Nightmare in Stormrage, and she has brought her up on occasion here and there, like asking if Thalyssra will be the next Azshara. Not to mention, Tyrande was thrust into a position of leadership after the Sundering that Azshara's arrogance caused in the first place.

It would have been a more fitting scenario to have a larger host of elves in Nazjatar, with Tyrande leading the effort for the Alliance, in addition to the ones we've seen in the ptr (Lorthemar, Thalyssra, Shandris). All the current elves are in the positions they are now because of Azshara and the Highborne, so it would have been fitting to see nearly every notable elf from each faction there. It also would have been cool to see Tyrande actually using her "Night Warrior" powers, and perhaps even put aside her pride for like two seconds to work with Thalyssra to bring down a mutual, greater enemy. It doesn't have the same impact when it's Jaina or Shandris working with First Arcanist.

This was especially the part that pissed me off.
    “The problem is there is so much to be told. Everyone has characters they want to expand on, but we also want to introduce new ones and to find ways to weave those stories together. With Rise of Azshara, the emphasis is on Sylvanas and Azshara herself. They are the focus. There’s just so much happening.”
    That falls especially flat when perhaps the most important characters in relation to the bad guy of the patch are left out. New characters are fine, but they really shouldn't take precedent over older, established characters with a backstory that fits perfectly into place. Tyrande, more than any other character, would want Azshara to fall - Thalyssra and the others are fine as well, but it only hurts the story to exclude Tyrande entirely.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

"Get fucked night elves fans" - Blizzard

Hey... it could be worst. At this point i wouldn't be surprised if they put in another "collect diamonds from bird sh*t" quest and call it an alliance fist pump moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    What history does Sylvanas and Anduin have in regards to Azshara?

What history does Tyrande and Malfurion have with Azshara?

The answer to those questions should have easily told them who should be involved.....
    Anduin's human potential transcends reality and connects him to anyone that's ever existed. Sylvanas on the other hand is a fellow agent of N'zoth. Here's your history. Obviously that trumps the connection between Tyrande/Malfurion and Azshara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I feel for night elf players here, really I do. Blizzard really did fuck them beyond repair and this isn't even the climax. Next up is Tyrande forgiving the Horde through the wisdom of the boiking.
    I don't know...that night warrior deal don't look like something you can come back from....maybe she just stuck in punisher mode until she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin's human potential transcends reality and connects him to anyone that's ever existed. Sylvanas on the other hand is a fellow agent of N'zoth. Here's your history. Obviously that trumps the connection between Tyrande/Malfurion and Azshara.
    I was a fool to have been blind to human potential!

Honestly, I'm fine with things changing and Teldrassil being burned and the night elves being decimated doesn't bother me at this point. It's what you do with those types of stories that matter. If they actually put in the effort for the night elves to basically scatter and become something of a nomadic people and explore how this affects them, that's enough for me. This would logically push them more towards druidism and one-with-nature aspects, but that can mean a more feral culture in ways as well. Play up that trendy Thanos angle that nature keeps things in balance and that means destruction and death as much as it means creation and life.

Make the entire race akin to the Dunedain Rangers from LotR, roaming the wilds of Azeroth, their connection to the Alliance becoming more of a loose alliance, and taking action as they see fit by the guidance of nature and Elune. Let them be something of a wild card in the Alliance, starting larger trouble from time to time when they act to do what they perceive as right. Let Tyrande or Malfurion's absence at Alliance council meetings be notable and worrying to the others.

If you're going to take away their home, do something with that plot point rather than "they just huddle in Stormwind now."

I guess my TLDR to Blizzard would have been "It's fine to have huge, drastic changes to the world, so long as you take the victims of the turn of events and DO SOMETHING."
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-05-15 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Why do I still get notified when you reply to me? I've had you blocked forever.
    Blocking people is a complicated task for some, I suppose? Not that you making it known to the world that you can't handle certain people replying to you is particularly relevant to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No one knows who Shandris is. Shandris isn't the character who lived first hand through Azshara and her reign. If anything, I'd argue it being Shandris makes it worse - She's nothing more than a personality-less filler character. You KNOW with her being there, that there's no story for the Night Elves to experience.

Shandris didn't fight against Azshara's reign. Malfurion, Tyrande, and Illidan did.

Illidan can't be there because he's busy as a jail guard millions of light years away. (Presumably.)
    So that leaves Tyrande and Malfurion.

Not only would this have been a good time to capitalize on Tyrande's hate-boner for Sylvanas by forcing her to chase her out into the sea - It would have been a great way to counter the Human Potential argument that has plagued WoW since Cata. (And earlier, but more notably so in Cata.) If Tyrande had led the charge, she would have seen Azshara, understood that Azshara and, subsequently, N'zoth is at least PART of the reason for the war, and possibly had the sense to think "Sylvanas might not be redeemable, but maybe if we can bring her down the rest will realize their mistakes" at least.

Is it perfect? No, I won't pretend it is.

Is it better than "The two specific people who have a grudge against this boss, who have the ONLY STORY TO TELL with this boss, decided not to go cause they were busy cleaning up a minor mess in their plagued and ruined homeland. Instead, these two unrelated humans went, furthering the Human Potential argument, making Night Elves look even more incompetent than they already did, and ruining one of the few remaining major old lore bosses left in the game simultaneously.
    You're saying this as if I disagreed. I was clearly being sarcastic when I said that choosing someone who was a child during WotA to close Darnassian Night Elves vs Azshara story makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Poor, poor night elf fans. They turned your eyes black hoping that'd make you blind to your plight.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-05-15 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I was a fool to have been blind to human potential!

Honestly, I'm fine with things changing and Teldrassil being burned and the night elves being decimated doesn't bother me at this point. It's what you do with those types of stories that matter. If they actually put in the effort for the night elves to basically scatter and become something of a nomadic people and explore how this affects them, that's enough for me. This would logically push them more towards druidism and one-with-nature aspects, but that can mean a more feral culture in ways as well. Play up that trendy Thanos angle that nature keeps things in balance and that means destruction and death as much as it means creation and life.

Make the entire race akin to the Dunedain Rangers from LotR, roaming the wilds of Azeroth, their connection to the Alliance becoming more of a loose alliance, and taking action as they see fit by the guidance of nature and Elune. Let them be something of a wild card in the Alliance, starting larger trouble from time to time when they act to do what they perceive as right.

If you're going to take away their home, do something with that plot point rather than "they just huddle in Stormwind now."

I guess my TLDR to Blizzard would have been "It's fine to have this huge, drastic changes to the world, so long as you take the victims of the turn of events and DO SOMETHING."
    I like the idea of them being roaming nomads and it would be nice to see their culture transform a bit from "this land is our land" to "where ever I may roam"

....just realize I sorta quoted some songs

Honestly not surprising.

Blizzard has always hated the NE for some reason. After WC3 they couldn't give a fuck if they tried.