Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why are Blizzard's writers so god damn fucking awful?

Tyrande could've been present as an integral part of the Alliance forces there, but there's no reason to have her be the one which ultimately dukes it out with Azshara. Azshara is endangering all of the world and the acute nature of her threat to the world and those living on it doesn't give night elven history more of an influence or say over the outcome.

Illidan did nothing wrong.

Clickbait topic thread. Shame on you OP, they never said there's no more story to tell.

Thread will still get 999999 replies because you're all dumbasses.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-05-15 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard in the interview describes her character arc in positive terms, noting she "got her revenge for the Night Elves." But did she really get her revenge?

It's not a particularly clear victory for Tyrande, as Darkshore remains a contested zone with no canonical winner, and we learned Sylvanas has the ability to raise Night Elves now. Perhaps we're meant to assume that the Horde retreated from Darkshore around the time of Dazar'alor, as Nathanos left Darkshore, but this is explicitly stated anywhere--and still leaves the Night Elves at a massive disadvantage after the Burning of Teldrassil.
    Oh god I hope not, she didn't get her revenge and it wasn't stated anywhere that the Alliance have won back The Dark Shore! I mean it makes sense, having Nathanos, the proclaimed General of the reigns conflict, leave the zone. But still it wasn't stated it wasn't show...

"There’s just so much happening."
    And that's the PROBLEM! There's alot happening and this leaves story ignored or completely dropped off and forgotten about so they can chase the main story beats of an Expansion and that isn't a good thing, not even remotely! That is a problem because you can't detail the story, you can't flesh things out! That hurts the story and characters more then ANYTHING!
    The problem is there is so much to be told. Everyone has characters they want to expand on, but we also want to introduce new ones
    Again another problem...THEY DON'T NEED TO KEEP ADDING NEW CHARACTERS,NEW FACTIONS AND NEW GROUPS. There are tons of characters,factions and groups that can be reused, updated, changed, evolved, new goals added, new character development!

These are problems that make the game and World surfer as a whole! This is not good things, this is not what people want! We seriously need longer Expansions at this point so they can actually continue the story instead of just leaving things off as is...its god damn annoying at this point! Its ridiculous, from Warcraft to WoW and all following expansions story has just been "left as is" and its awful especially on something so big as this singular event WAS!

I hope they miss spoke or soemthing because god damn...this would be an awful point to leave off The Night Elves, Tyrande and Malfurion....they could've actually became likable good characters again. But again. Put on the shelf and left to get dusty! AGAIN!
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-05-15 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's official, Blizzard's writers are actively competing against GoT's. This is their reply to "Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet".
    And here I thought 'Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet' was a subtle jab at Blizz leaving out the Vindicaar.

On-topic: BFA's writing is a total shitshow. That's nothing new. A tit-for-tat Warfront is considered sufficient revenge for her people nearly being wiped off the map, and Tyrande has no presence in the storyline against her oldest, most hated enemy--the very person who stirred her to become one of the leaders of the kaldorei against the Highborne. Because it would be 'too much Tyrande,' even though Horde players get the unparalleled joy of dealing with Nathanos every patch as he continues to make Warsong Hold-era Garrosh look rational, respectful, and reasonable by comparison. I suppose Nathanos is too busy tongue-polishing Sylvanas's spare boots to realize that if the hero went and got a handful of friends to gang up on him, he'd be worm food by sundown.

But two patches of Tyrande after one quest line and a brief appearance in a patch trailer? TOO MUCH TYRANDE, SORRY GUYS.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the first things in along while that has honestly pissed me off about what Blizzard has said and done/ and represented in BFA.

This is honestly ridiculous...that event was fucking HUGE and has HUGE implications...WHY DO something like that, something so big and impactful and completely WASTE IT!?!?!?!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Illidan did nothing wrong.
    Kinda makes ya miss Argus, huh?

God, I despise Night Elves, and even I feel sorry for them.

I wonder how they will try to make the next expansion even worse for races that are not Human/Followers of St. Blanduin's Church of Non-toxic Masculinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

This is the strangest thing. Not only that this is very stupid it also contradicts what we get told ingame in 8.2

Jaina has to say this in Nazjatar about night elf vengance:
    Jaina: There must be vengeance for Teldrassil. But if Azshara is not stopped, she will unleash her master upon the world.

I'm fine with night elfs not beeing in 8.2 and.. but that was their vengance? WTF are they smoking?

5+ Year Old Account
    Once Classic drops I will be back to playing a proper night elf in proper night elf lands.

Seriously what is happening inside Blizzard? This strange behavior is beyond retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Burning the Tree got most of the Horde players to buy the box. It is clear now that there was absolutely no more in terms of story planning or anything. If the backlash is too strong this time, maybe they will give Nelves anyother in-game-cinematic while they are working on the next 6 full-blown-pre-renders featuring Anduin, Saurfang or Sylvanas again.

Words are not really the right avenue to express my disgust for this story right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    She literally dropped everything, stopped listening to Anduin, and charged directly to Darkshore to fight in the Warfront. We see this in game.

If she's not there, there's not much reason for her to be elsewhere.
    Nathanos and two Val'kyr were attempting to raise not only Delaryn Summermoon who had died during the War of the Thorns, but also Sira who Tyrande arrived just barely too late to save from being killed. As she, the adventurer, and eventually Malfurion confronted Nathanos the two Val'kyr succeeded in raising Delaryn and Sira. Despite Tyrande's efforts to convince them not to give in to darkness, they blamed both her and Elune for abandoning them and declared their allegiance to the Forsaken. Ultimately the Horde got away, but not before Tyrande was able to slay Brynja, one of the Val'kyr. Shandris and Maiev arrived and the night elf forces flew back to the Zoram Strand. On the way Tyrande placed Maiev in charge of the warfront in Darkshore, as despite their checkered history with each other the future of their race was on the line. When Maiev asked where Sira had gone, Tyrande hesitated and then asked to speak with Maiev alone.

Right from wowpedia. She went to Darkshore, did some shit, and left, putting Maiev in charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    What history does Sylvanas and Anduin have in regards to Azshara?

What history does Tyrande and Malfurion have with Azshara?

The answer to those questions should have easily told them who should be involved.....
    Sylvanas literally does nothing in 8.2, idk what the fuck these people are talking about lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'm not talking about the Warfront, read properly before making rude comments.
    You said Darkshore scenario. If you're not talking about the warfront what are you? She was there in the questline.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why are Blizzard's writers so god damn fucking awful?

Because a good author needs stress and skin in the game.

A financially well of author from wow likely has neither.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Who else thinks, "It was all just a dream!" would be a viable path to go down for BfA and its entire plot? Anyone?
    Sadly, that would make as much sense as the writing has been so far this expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves are boring and suck. For a moment, when they announced 7.1, I thought, that maybe Blizzard would return to the concepts laid out with Warcraft III and expand on them. But instead a sizeable chunk of the remaining purple bastards switches sides and their leader gets a power up, that amounts to her not even being able to defeat some Human Ranger, while the most powerful Druid fights by her side. And the campaign to retake their homeland? It ends with a stalemate. And now it is stated that this was the Night Elves big moment in the spotlight and that their leader got revenge. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wasnt there a cinematic where malfurion said "Tell her WE ARE COMING!"

Did i miss something?
    Did something happen after that cinematic?

I was kinda under the impression that the Night Elves vs Horde/Sylvanas counterattack is coming up and wasnt even implemented in the game.

And yet blizzard said its all over and done for already?
    What?