Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    False comparison. These cities were never nuked by the Alliance. Stop being dishonest.
    I said 3 capitals invaded, not nuked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Orgrimmar was a joint assault in a Horde civil war. The city was also largely untouched, no looting, pillaging, burning, nothing. It's in perfect shape in the next expansion. If anything, it was liberation.
    First Undercity invasion was a joint assault by both factions after Putress attacked them at the Wrathgate. Second was a response to Teldrassil burning and Sylvanas destroyed it herself.
    Dazar'alor is not a Horde city.
    We see Theramore civilians being prisoners during Siege of Orgrimmar, so all that "they got time to escape" is largely bullshit. Garrosh didn't care at all.
    There was nothing "joint" about Orgrimmar.

Horde wanted to keep it an internal matter, which is reflected in the title (Liberator) you get when you complete the raid.
    Alliance wanted to sack Orgrimmar, and gets a completely different title (Conqueror).They had no business in Orgrimmar, and it was wrong to let Varian and Jaina leave alive.

I'm NOT talk g about Wrathgate.. I'm talking about BfA!

Dazar'alor IS a Horde Capital. Zandalari joined the Horde before Alliance invaded it.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-05-16 at 08:24 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Dazar'alor IS a Horde Capital. Zandalari joined the Horde before Alliance invaded it.
    No they did not. Ironically, it was Rastakhan who really did not think much of the Horde. And if you check your lore, even Talanji after BOD does NOT join the Horde. This is the important part:
    Sylvanas: She thinks to summon me? Hmph. I suppose she is allowed some posturing today.
    Talanji: De Horde has been a trustworthy ally to Zandalar.
    Talanji: Without our partnership, we may not have overcome de threats dat rose against us.
    Talanji: I understand dat you have need of our forces. De Alliance will stop at nothing to destroy you.
    Talanji: So let it be official. De Zandalari and de Horde will stand together... as equals.
    Sylvanas: Equals?
    I am de queen of Zandalar. And a queen kneels to no one. Surely, you understand.
    Sylvanas: I see... Very well, Queen Talanji. The Horde welcomes you.
    So no, the Zandalari most definetly were NOT part of the Horde before BOD and they are not part of it now. They are in an ALLIANCE with the Horde. Whether you like that or not is not important. There are no two ways to read this.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-16 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    No they did not. Ironically, it was Rastakhan who really did not think much of the Horde. And if you check your lore, even Talanji after BOD does NOT join the Horde. This is the important part:

So no, the Zandalari most definetly were NOT part of the Horde before BOD and they are not part of it now. They are in an ALLIANCE with the Horde. Whether you like that or not is not important. There are no two ways to read this.
    Adding to that, the Alliance gets their orders to attack the city to prevent the Zandalari from joining the Horde. You may think of that plan what you will (I think it's not the smartest move), but it implies the Alliance knows the Zandalari are not yet part of the Horde.

Orgrimmar, Undercity and Dazar'alor..

Theramore was not an unprovoked attack, it was:
    1: A valid military target
    2: A weeks notice was given to get civilians out.
    3: Exposure of a self-proclaimed neutral city that aided Alliance.
    Orgrimmar is also a valid military target, so I guess Jaina should've drowned it like she wanted to.

Oh, and those civilians that supposedly escaped? Garrosh hunted them down, took them to Orgrimmar and used them as training dummies.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Orgrimmar is also a valid military target, so I guess Jaina should've drowned it like she wanted to.

Oh, and those civilians that supposedly escaped? Garrosh hunted them down, took them to Orgrimmar and used them as training dummies.
    It was Malkorock or however it’s spelled captured them and gifted them to Garrosh iirc, garrosh himself didn’t go after them, not that it makes it any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It was Malkorock or however it’s spelled captured them and gifted them to Garrosh iirc, garrosh himself didn’t go after them, not that it makes it any better.
    Yeah, I don't really recall the specifics, because honestly- is it even worth it anymore? Just that even those that escaped were captured and tortured, which is, as far as I know, the reason Jaina went full "DISMANTLE" again at the end of SoO.

Also, to be fair:

The warning was given by Baine, who went against Garrosh's orders to do it. It was not given by the horde leader orchestrating the attack.

Also, I don't know where they get 'self-proclaimed neutra' Jaina and by extension Theramore were pro peace with the horde but they were ALWAYS ALLIANCE. There was no point where Theramore was neutral.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Also, to be fair:

The warning was given by Baine, who went against Garrosh's orders to do it. It was not given by the horde leader orchestrating the attack.

Also, I don't know where they get 'self-proclaimed neutra' Jaina and by extension Theramore were pro peace with the horde but they were ALWAYS ALLIANCE. There was no point where Theramore was neutral.
    Jaina also admits they are a target in tides of war and asks the Kirin tor to help maintain neutrality by helping her capture Garrosh, basically the writer doesn’t know how to use the term neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Kinda silly that Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar to deal with Queen Aszhara. I took that as a given. I mean Shandris herself got just as much screentime as Tyrande this expansion. She is all over the war campaign for example. I mean Tyrande isn't even in the Darkshore Warfront :P

It's fine and all that Tyrande had her questline, but that's really it isn't it. I just don't think the "modern" devs like Tyrande that much. Such becomes the same with the player base. It would be nice with old school Tyrande again, but that won't happen.

zzz in ten characters basically

However, I echo the statement that less screentime we get, the smaller the chance Blizzard will fuck it up. Can't help but to believe that they'll take a massive dump on Azshara, though. If it's just human and orcs vs Naga, I'll be very disappointed. Night Elves are such a major area for Naga lore, it's mindboggling to think they'll focus less so on Tyrande and more on Anduin or whoever for Alliance.

Also, I pray Darkshore/Night Elven chapter isn't closed there by now. Darkshore is unusable for roleplay right now. I'm fine with it being contested, but at least give a zone that doesn't change to reflect the resolution of the warfront. But hey, fuck nelves right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well Night Elf players, hope you've got money for a race change
    Would be really hilarious if someone actually race changes because of stuff like this.

I have to admit, it has been garbage storytelling at times this expansion. Feels to me they've got so much they wanted to tell they end up half telling everybody's story, be better if they at least focused on a few stories because the loose ends is such a shame. At the start i was super hype to see Tyrande and the night elf stuff, and it felt like "battle for azeroth". But now its just so... meh. Disappointed, and I'm usually quite positive about this stuff. Hope they get to finish some storylines off before the end of the expansion.
    Last edited by Kromus!; 2019-05-16 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Kinda silly that Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar to deal with Queen Aszhara. I took that as a given. I mean Shandris herself got just as much screentime as Tyrande this expansion. She is all over the war campaign for example. I mean Tyrande isn't even in the Darkshore Warfront :P

It's fine and all that Tyrande had her questline, but that's really it isn't it. I just don't think the "modern" devs like Tyrande that much. Such becomes the same with the player base. It would be nice with old school Tyrande again, but that won't happen.
    I personally think Tyrande has a target on her back by now, she has gone off the deep end with a ritual that they took pains to say was dangerous, and suddenly Shandris shows up everywhere, including places you'd expect Tyrande to be (Like Nazjatar), are they building Shandris up to take over as NE leader?

7+ Year Old Account
    Bit late to the thread, but eesh, that's just wrong on so many levels.

Yeah, there's simply no defending the level of stupidity shown by blizzard here.

I suppose less screen time means she's less likely to be shit on by the writers? *Shrug*
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which was wrong. But that doesn't negate the fact that those civilians weren't there during the bombing of Theramore and that Theramore was at the time of the bombing a purely military target.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Also, to be fair:

Garrosh was going to sit on his ass in front of Theramore regardless of Baine though. So I'm pretty sure they'd have gotten the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Jaina also admits they are a target in tides of war and asks the Kirin tor to help maintain neutrality by helping her capture Garrosh, basically the writer doesn’t know how to use the term neutral.
    Or even stay consistent because earlier in Tides of War she herself admits that asking Kirin Tor to help her would be asking them to break their neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I suppose less screen time means she's less likely to be shit on by the writers? *Shrug*
    Pretty much, yes. If Tyrande was in Nazjatar we risked her going friend no jutsu on Azshara and trying to convince her to abandon N'zoth and join her instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Pretty much, yes. If Tyrande was in Nazjatar we risked her going friend no jutsu on Azshara and trying to convince her to abandon N'zoth and join her instead.
    Man, you know when blizzard forces US of all people to agree on something, they reeeeeally messed up...
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I personally think Tyrande has a target on her back by now, she has gone off the deep end with a ritual that they took pains to say was dangerous, and suddenly Shandris shows up everywhere, including places you'd expect Tyrande to be (Like Nazjatar), are they building Shandris up to take over as NE leader?
    Definitely a possibility that she will take over the reigns. But I guess they either have to make Tyrande really great, like world saving great, or dead. It seems to be the only options..:P Of course they can make it so she finds other stuff to do, but then we'll see her in every other expansion like Jaina I suppose.

Classic B team writing. Rehashes a better expansion (MoP) with no class design and with the same story pacing as the worst expansion (WoD).
    I would not be shocked if they just abandoned the whole tryande thing as a whole AND sylvannas being a villain just so we can fight nzoth as the big bad and forget everything else. Just like in WoD.

Orgrimmar, Undercity and Dazar'alor..

Theramore was not an unprovoked attack, it was:
    1: A valid military target
    2: A weeks notice was given to get civilians out.
    3: Exposure of a self-proclaimed neutral city that aided Alliance.
    Okay but none of the other Alliance attacks on us were unprovoked either. Hell in the case of Orgrimmar they supported a Horde rebellion :P
    Twas brillig

Gnomes had Toshley's Station in BC. not a lot, but they had that.

Draenei had a whole zone and a huge part of a second zone to be fair, along with Yrel being a major character.