Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As a Horde player I had no idea the NElf story would just cease. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for a wedge in the Alliance between the Night Elves and the Humans who have seemingly turned their backs on caring. Maybe that was an early development idea to fracture both factions they decided to backtrack on?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    As a Horde player I had no idea the NElf story would just cease. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for a wedge in the Alliance between the Night Elves and the Humans who have seemingly turned their backs on caring. Maybe that was an early development idea to fracture both factions they decided to backtrack on?
    That goes against the narrative they want to tell”

The writers literally brag about how they are so bad at storytelling they just cut things
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more interesting when one side loses, and it changes the course of their development. If anything, there's been too much tit for tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    It's more interesting when one side loses, and it changes the course of their development. If anything, there's been too much tit for tat.
    At least for me it isn't so much about having lost something, quite the contrary. I think losing big and coming back from it changed and with a lot more investment and ammunition is a good thing.
    My problem now is only that they seem to think that this story is over and there's actually nothing more to come, no more story to be told here. If it turns out that Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar, because she is the only one keeping track of Sylvanas, trying to find out what she's really doing and appearing at the right moment to save us all from Sylvanas's trap at the end (just as an example^^), that's great, I can live with that, it gives the whole thing meaning and makes the burning of Teldrassil an actual catalyst for something bigger to come that would not have happened otherwise. It still doesn't give the Nightelves back their homeland and purpose as a people or makes any kind of sense with the Sentinels and Wardens eagerly fighting for Sylvanas, but it will do.
    But if they actually meant to say that the Nightwarrior story is over and that was supposed to be their revenge, then no, I'm not ok with that.

That’s just fine and dandy, but as it looks now (Blizz might surprise us, but i won’t hold my breath...), the Night elves just lose and that’s it, no change beyond “Everything you had is now gone”, it was done to them in Cata, and again now in BfA, thrown under the bus to show how strong the Horde is, three cheers for “Development a la Blizzard”...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Trying to please the nelf players is an uphill battle.
    Why would that be? Can you make any points to support this claim? Because afaik nelves have been the punching bags for Blizz devs since at least Cata. They were never even trying to please them, they did nothing but antagonize them.

Blizzard never fails to disappoint.

It's ok, can we annihilate Org and Silvermoon in kill every damn Horde in there? I wouldn't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande didn't get her revenge until she has Sylvanas's head on a pike... This is such BS...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It's ok, can we annihilate Org and Silvermoon in kill every damn Horde in there? I wouldn't mind.
    Please do. Sylvanas has failed even at failure and if she can't go scorched earth someone has to put this irredeemable faction out of its misery before we succumb completely to human potential like the Alliance.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Please do. Sylvanas has failed even at failure and if she can't go scorched earth someone has to put this irredeemable faction out of its misery before we succumb completely to human potential like the Alliance.
    Haha, I mean the Alliance haz LAZORS, only our useless piece of shit boyking forgot it unfortunately, just how he forgot to bring gasmasks to a fight with Sylvanas. So Alliance would potentially be able to do so from space, but I guess the holier-than-thou-aura of blondieboy even makes space lazors impotent

I wonder which part is the revenge part though?

Nathanos laughing in her face while he escapes with two freshly risen night elven commanders.. or being locked in constant back and forth battle over territory that was previously uncontestedly theirs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I wonder which part is the revenge part though?

Nathanos laughing in her face while he escapes with two freshly risen night elven commanders.. or being locked in constant back and forth battle over territory that was previously uncontestedly theirs!
    It was when she petrified one named character and killed a camp of redshirts only for that named character to escape later.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    This was the final straw for a friend of mine who had been playing since december 2004, and had two accounts. He cancelled his subs. His subs were still active while we play FFXIV, waiting for BFA to stop being shit. Buuut... It's too obvious at this point, the Horde bias.

-Mounts: Alliance get horses and gryphons. Horde get unique and new models.
    -Quests (110-120): An enjoyable experience all the way through for horde, and a good main questline for alliance, but garbage non-story quests (looking at you Stormsong side quests).
    -Narrative attention of factions: 3 high def cinematics for Saurfang, but one wow-model render video for Darkshore, one quest-line, and "we're done with Tyrande this expansion". What do horde get for quests? Intriguing quest-lines involving Saurfang with choices - something unheard of. But nothing interesting like that for alliance.

It gets worse. Most alliance players were like "wtf is going on" relating to Uldir, because a majority of the story content was for Horde only, and to make matters worse, the MOTHER talk with Bronzebeard has been bugged since like, release day. (Is it fixed????)

More narrative points: What does the alliance have to show for BFA? One of the alliance allied races is just fat human. The alliance regained Darkshore, but still no Azshara or Ashenvale reclamation, which has been lost since Cata. Gilneas? Ruins. We didn't get to nuke a capital, Sylvanas did it, herself.

Oh, I can hear the retorts about the Zandalari, now. "But Dazar'Alor!" What about Dazar'Alor? We killed a king who had become so complacent and dumb, that he had death flags written all over him since day one of BFA, sacrificed a huge army to do this, lost some of the fleet, and then fled the city. What a non-victory.

Will there be any retribution for any of this? Nope. Sylvanas isn't going to be a boss, and it looks like the faction war is done as of 8.3. And I can bet money that Tyrande is just going to magically forget all this bs, the same way the Vindicaar hasn't come into the war.

EDIT: How could I FORGET this. The FLIMSY excuse for the Nightborne joining the Horde. I get why Thalyssra is mad, but to outright JOIN the faction that is gearing up to wage war with your cousins, many of whom poured their hearts into helping your people, is beyond fucked.
    I'll be impressed with the 'choices' the horde player is getting if they actually amount to anything besides 'help the rebels' or 'pretend to help the rebels and not doing anything to stop them.'

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, Blizz can start by doing, well, *anything* for the NE in-game, that bit is important: in-game, not in novels or whatever, in the game.

I don’t expect even payback, since burning the NE capital city is a tough act to beat, but at least a token effort that isn’t hijacked by humans to show how awesome they are would be nice.
    Didn't they do that with Tyrande's little moment? But that turned into another nelf weep gathering. So yeah, I would totally understand why Blizz would just give up cause there has not been ONE god damned occasion where Nelfs were happy about their story and lore. In game or otherwise.

There's just a lot of hurt feelings and talk about how the nelfs are the most mistreated which is surreal to say the least especially when you have the Forsaken who have it worse by all accounts. Yet not a peep from those guys.

When Blizzard involves the Nelfs in the story it's bad. Blizzard hates Nelfs. When they don't involve nelfs, they are being ignored, Blizzard hates nelfs. I honestly think Blizzard shouldn't bother.

Didn't they do that with Tyrande's little moment? But that turned into another nelf weep gathering. So yeah, I would totally understand why Blizz would just give up cause there has not been ONE god damned occasion where Nelfs were happy about their story and lore. In game or otherwise.

There's just a lot of hurt feelings and talk about how the nelfs are the most mistreated which is surreal to say the least especially when you have the Forsaken who have it worse by all accounts. Yet not a peep from those guys.

When Blizzard involves the Nelfs in the story it's bad. Blizzard hates Nelfs. When they don't involve nelfs, they are being ignored, Blizzard hates nelfs. I honestly think Blizzard shouldn't bother.
    I don't want to sound rude...but whatever it is you are smoking...do less.

When you created your Forsaken character 15 years ago, you KNEW you were opting into a "broken" race (not even a race, really, a human lifestate). You knew that they gave jack shit about the Horde or the living in general, because the VO told you EXACTLY this...you knew here would never be redemption.

Look at the Night Elves. They began WoW as a proud race with a unique culture. 3 Zones. A capital. A heritage.

THIS is the difference. The game never "betrayed" you for playing Forsaken. You got EXACTLY what you opted to play. As a Night Elf player, though, you lost EVERYTHING this game pretended your race to be and replaced it with NOTHING. Right now, Nelves are a sorry band of refugees that need ancient heroes just to accomplish something on par with what 2 old Orc Farts can do. No home. Their heritage is completely destroyed by forcing them into Sylvanas' ranks as undead. And the most imressive deed possible to do with the power of their goddess is to kill a Valkyr that nobody gives a flying shit about.

So please spare us your crap. What Blizzard does to the Night Elves is compareable to introducing new races into the franchise who are plain out physically superior to Orcs and beat them all the time into the ground. Both unarmed, armed, experienced and unexperienced. And in armwrestling, too. Orc players would rightfully feel cheated out of their racial identity in the game.

Imagine how many players would be happy to see undead Tauren, Orcs and Trolls fill Sylvanas' ranks. maybe that is yet to come and we will actually see their reaction. Who knows. I can only tell you about MY reaction of Blizzard first destroying my race's identity and THEN allowing me to take vengeance by fighting mostly against raised members of my own race: It's shit.

It's just shit.

PS: I would have had absolutely no problem with Night Elves not getting any story at all for the next 3 expansions after Legion (which handed all new Night Elf lore to the Horde, by the way). But to completely remove anything a race is about in a fucking prepatch, then give them a hastly fucked together middle-finger of a questline and call it "vengeance" to then go ahead and say "Well, we sure gave you your moment, didn't we?!" is nothing but a giant fuck you to all players who give a fuck about the lore of this game. Not just Night Elves....all lore. Because now that they removed Night Elves from the game, they will need to pick on somebody else to make the Horde shine the next time they need a genocide. I have a suspicion that Dwarves are next.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-17 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I don't want to sound rude...but whatever it is you are smoking...do less.

When you created your Forsaken character 15 years ago, you KNEW you were opting into a "broken" race (not even a race, really, a human lifestate). You knew that they gave jack shit about the Horde or the living in general, because the VO told you EXACTLY this...you knew here would never be redemption.

Look at the Night Elves. They began WoW as a proud race with a unique culture. 3 Zones. A capital. A heritage.

THIS is the difference. The game never "betrayed" you for playing Forsaken. You got EXACTLY what you opted to play. As a Night Elf player, though, you lost EVERYTHING this game pretended your race to be and replaced it with NOTHING. Right now, Nelves are a sorry band of refugees that need ancient heroes just to accomplish something on par with what 2 old Orc Farts can do. No home. Their heritage is completely destroyed by forcing them into Sylvanas' ranks as undead. And the most imressive deed possible to do with the power of their goddess is to kill a Valkyr that nobody gives a flying shit about.

So please spare us your crap. What Blizzard does to the Night Elves is compareable to introducing new races into the franchise who are plain out physically superior to Orcs and beat them all the time into the ground. Both unarmed, armed, experienced and unexperienced. And in armwrestling, too. Orc players would rightfully feel cheated out of their racial identity in the game.

Imagine how many players would be happy to see undead Tauren, Orcs and Trolls fill Sylvanas' ranks. maybe that is yet to come and we will actually see their reaction. Who knows. I can only tell you about MY reaction of Blizzard first destroying my race's identity and THEN allowing me to take vengeance by fighting mostly against raised members of my own race: It's shit.

It's just shit.

PS: I would have had absolutely no problem with Night Elves not getting any story at all for the next 3 expansions after Legion (which handed all new Night Elf lore to the Horde, by the way). But to completely remove anything a race is about in a fucking prepatch, then give them a hastly fucked together middle-finger of a questline and call it "vengeance" to then go ahead and say "Well, we sure gave you your moment, didn't we?!" is nothing but a giant fuck you to all players who give a fuck about the lore of this game. Not just Night Elves....all lore. Because now that they removed Night Elves from the game, they will need to pick on somebody else to make the Horde shine the next time they need a genocide. I have a suspicion that Dwarves are next.
    Typical nelf weep post.

"We got nothing" when you are given more attention then several races combined. None of it is good. Ever. You always think that it should have been something else, that something else would have made you happier, you don't know what that is but you know for sure that everything you've been given makes you sad and weepy. That's the certainty of the nelf fans. No matter what, they will weep like they have always done.

So, no, you spare US your typical nelf weeping for a change. At this point everyone is aware that nothing will ever make you happy and in fact it will just make you weep some more.

For clarification, I can understand when people are upset by the game, God knows I have my issues with it, but when you are acting like EVERY SINGLE TIME nelfs got attention it has been a crime against the nelf player base, well maybe it's time to move on.

The worse thing Blizz could have done to themselves is to ever involve nelfs in the World of Warcraft story.

Typical nelf weep post.

"We got nothing" when you are given more attention then several races combined. None of it is good. Ever. You always think that it should have been something else, that something else would have made you happier, you don't know what that is but you know for sure that everything you've been given makes you sad and weepy. That's the certainty of the nelf fans. No matter what, they will weep like they have always done.

So, no, you spare US your typical nelf weeping for a change. At this point everyone is aware that nothing will ever make you happy and in fact it will just make you weep some more.

For clarification, I can understand when people are upset by the game, God knows I have my issues with it, but when you are acting like EVERY SINGLE TIME nelfs got attention it has been a crime against the nelf player base, well maybe it's time to move on.

The worse thing Blizz could have done to themselves is to ever involve nelfs in the World of Warcraft story.
    "Blizzard hands you dogshit on a plate, stop whining and eat it up with a smile, you crybabies! Now excuse me while I start a whole whine thread about what blizzard is doing to bloodelves!"

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Stupid ass writer says something that can be interpreted as "Tyrande never appears again and Teldrassil storyline is over" when she's just explaining why Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar.
    People freak out.
    Nothing else to see here.
    It's only beta!
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Here's hoping that Activision does some more good and lays off Danuser,Lore and Alex.