Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Didn't they do that with Tyrande's little moment? But that turned into another nelf weep gathering. So yeah, I would totally understand why Blizz would just give up cause there has not been ONE god damned occasion where Nelfs were happy about their story and lore. In game or otherwise.
    “Little moment” is right, so Tyrande does this supposedly dangerous and highly powerful ritual, turns into “The night warrior”, kills some no-name mooks, and then... kills a single val’kyr, after struggling mightily against an undead human ranger, who gets away, taking two recently raised and immediately turned undead Night elves in tow, oh yeah, massive victory there.

Game-technically, getting even wasn’t in the cards, but this was a pathetic excuse for “revenge”, no matter how you look at it.

Tyrande hasn't done anything with her newfound Night Warrior power. She couldn't even kill Nathanos. Complete injustice for her character and for Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Tyrande could've been present as an integral part of the Alliance forces there, but there's no reason to have her be the one which ultimately dukes it out with Azshara. Azshara is endangering all of the world and the acute nature of her threat to the world and those living on it doesn't give night elven history more of an influence or say over the outcome.
    No, but Tyrande actually knows that enemy "personally" which cannot be said of anyone else in the party. As the saying goes "know thy enemy".

It's not so much about nelves or Tyrande in particular. It just doesn't make sense from a story standpoint or, let's say world building perspective.

As Chris Metzen said in the "Looking for Group" documentary. "There are two main characters in WoW: the player and the world." And from a world perspective it just wouldn't make sense to not bring someone with intimate knowledge of the enemy to that kind of fight. It's just silly.

If the Alliance canonically wins the battle for Darkshore, that means Arathi is lost, right? It's kinda weird that there are no stakes on both warfronts for the Horde. Basically the Horde loses nothing, yet the Alliance will be denied the long-awaited return of Danath and his kingdom.

Typical nelf weep post.

"We got nothing" when you are given more attention then several races combined. None of it is good. Ever. You always think that it should have been something else, that something else would have made you happier, you don't know what that is but you know for sure that everything you've been given makes you sad and weepy. That's the certainty of the nelf fans. No matter what, they will weep like they have always done.

So, no, you spare US your typical nelf weeping for a change. At this point everyone is aware that nothing will ever make you happy and in fact it will just make you weep some more.

For clarification, I can understand when people are upset by the game, God knows I have my issues with it, but when you are acting like EVERY SINGLE TIME nelfs got attention it has been a crime against the nelf player base, well maybe it's time to move on.

The worse thing Blizz could have done to themselves is to ever involve nelfs in the World of Warcraft story.
    Your post shows you don't get it. It's not about attention. Gawd I would have been happy if they just left nelves alone entirely, because as many pointed out, if Blizz turns their attention to some race, it's usually only to fuck them up. You may have recognized, Horde fanboys aren't happy either.

You know, it would have been enough to not genocide the nelf population, and not abuse nelf leaders to look like idiots so others can shine.

Now if you could just bring some facts to support your claim, instead of just insults, that would be great. But oh wait, you don't have any.

And yes, the nelves have their revenge when they have Sylvanas's head on a pike. And a new capital.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-18 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    There was a lot of people pouring their hearts into the rebellion in Suramar, but aside from one druid it certainly wasn't the night elves.

But I'm sure you would have been fine with the Nightborne joining the Alliance and warring against their OTHER cousins.
    Preferably, they would've been neutral, actually.

And Lightforged Draenei removed as a thing and instead Draenei just given cosmetic options. Would love those horn options on regular draenei. Also LF Draenei racials blow.

She got empowered by Elune and killed TWO of our Val'kyr ffs. If this isn't enough payback then I don't know what is. You whiners need to stop QQ-ing and get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    As Chris Metzen said in the "Looking for Group" documentary. "There are two main characters in WoW: the player and the world." And from a world perspective it just wouldn't make sense to not bring someone with intimate knowledge of the enemy to that kind of fight. It's just silly.
    What sort of "intimate knowledge" are we talking about? Tyrande doesn't know much more about Azshara than random Night Elf living during WoTA. They barely had any interactions with each other - the only time I can recall was the short conversation when Tyrande was captured, and that was all. Even Malfurion was only wary against Azshara because she is an extremely powerful enemy (which everyone know), it's not like they had some sort of personal grudge or deep understanding about Azshara in person than any other NE back then.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    She got empowered by Elune and killed TWO of our Val'kyr ffs. If this isn't enough payback then I don't know what is. You whiners need to stop QQ-ing and get on with it.
    Killing a couple of Val'kyr in exchange for having majority of your population burned alive. If you consider this an equivalent exchange, then you should have been crying about Alliance champion killing off ONE Val'kyr in Andorhal, back in Cataclysm - seeing how losing one of these is appearently such a staggering blow to the Horde.

She only killed one.
    Twas brillig

She only killed one, massacring the tauren of stonetalon would have been neat.

How about Sylvanas's head on a pike, or at least Nathanos's head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She only killed one, massacring the tauren of stonetalon would have been neat.
    Aw no, tauren are the only ok race in the Horde. Leave them alone.

Elune has to secretly hate Tyrande. Her night warrior blessing is almost as pathetic as Bwonsamdi's "For damning your entire bloodline to be slaves to me forever I'll make you jump gud but you'll still struggle in 1 on 1 combat against Zul AYYY LMAO!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Elune has to secretly hate Tyrande. Her night warrior blessing is almost as pathetic as Bwonsamdi's "For damning your entire bloodline to be slaves to me forever I'll make you jump gud but you'll still struggle in 1 on 1 combat against Zul AYYY LMAO!"
    Being fucked over by their gods is some kind of trolls' destiny or curse, and since elves are trolls' descendants it applies to them as well :V

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    its not elune that's bad. It's Blizz' shitty writing or shitty writing that only gets approved. Remember that there is a HORDE bias because they confirmed that the Alliance is currently overpowered via Elune, Exodar, Vindicar, Dalaran, etc all being floating fortresses that can annihilate countless hundreds in the blink of an eye and had to be held out of the story for sake of balance.

They confirmed they nerfed Elune this entire time by making her barely do anything to protect her own worshippers.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    its not elune that's bad. It's Blizz' shitty writing or shitty writing that only gets approved. Remember that there is a HORDE bias because they confirmed that the Alliance is currently overpowered via Elune, Exodar, Vindicar, Dalaran, etc all being floating fortresses that can annihilate countless hundreds in the blink of an eye and had to be held out of the story for sake of balance.

They confirmed they nerfed Elune this entire time by making her barely do anything to protect her own worshippers.
    We all know that. At this point most people are just ridiculing Blizz for their half-assed inconsistent writing.

And it's not really a Horde bias at this point, they basically have to do so because they just wrote themselves into a corner. In every interview they say that they're planning many years or multiple xpacks ahead, but given how inconsistent the story is or how unbalanced factions are, it's REALLY hard to believe that they're actually planning far ahead, and Blizz writers are notorious for liking the rule of cool TOO MUCH.

If they're actually planning properly, they'd keep factions' political and military powers at more or less the same level w/o any need to "forget" about weapons, heroes, equipment, etc of one faction to make both factions stand on equal footing. They gave Vindicar to the Alliance, they could make an arc about Belves fully restoring their Ban'dinoriel and understanding the tech/magic behind it, so it could be used as the countermeasure against the space laser. Mobile deployable shield vs mobile laser cannon, sounds good enough to me.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-05-18 at 11:43 AM.

Imagine that awkward moment at Blizzcon when they are doing this "For the Horde/For the Alliance" shouting thing, and there's nobody left to shout for the Alliance....

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    “Little moment” is right, so Tyrande does this supposedly dangerous and highly powerful ritual, turns into “The night warrior”, kills some no-name mooks, and then... kills a single val’kyr, after struggling mightily against an undead human ranger, who gets away, taking two recently raised and immediately turned undead Night elves in tow, oh yeah, massive victory there.

Game-technically, getting even wasn’t in the cards, but this was a pathetic excuse for “revenge”, no matter how you look at it.
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's never enough. Ever.

Must be because Nelf players think they are the hottest shit around the block, dismissing anyone who does not have purple skin and donkey ears. Someone who isn't a total nelf fan would understand that killing even one Val'kyr was a pretty big deal especially to the guys who require the Val'kyr to prolong the existence of their entire race.

Not to mention that until that point you had the Nelfs and some worgen pushing back the whole Horde army. But Blightcaller had to run away like a little ho after Tyrande slaps him around and that's why it's a total loss and a crime against Nelf players.

Give me a break.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's never enough. Ever.

Must be because Nelf players think they are the hottest shit around the block, dismissing anyone who does not have purple skin and donkey ears. Someone who isn't a total nelf fan would understand that killing even one Val'kyr was a pretty big deal especially to the guys who require the Val'kyr to prolong the existence of their entire race.

Not to mention that until that point you had the Nelfs and some worgen pushing back the whole Horde army. But Blightcaller had to run away like a little ho after Tyrande slaps him around and that's why it's a total loss and a crime against Nelf players.

Give me a break.
    In perspective of what happend with Teldrassil its just not remotly enough, they just get a little back what was theirs before.
    It is not a lose but its really just a start, also in the dialog with Tyrande at the end of the Prequest she said that she needs not to satiate the hunger for vengance now. But after that we don't even see her again (only in the ship we build for Anduin...)
    So no if this was really everything, it is really unsatisfying. Killing Val'kyr will get only interesting when Sylvanas got less then three, before that its just not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The only acceptable revenge would be for Tyrande to kill Sylvanas in front of Nathanos, execution style, only for Genn to tear his heart out.
    That still wouldn't be enough. The only acceptable revenge is conquering, and subsequent complete dissolution of the Horde. Since they have demonstrated time and time again that they are completely inept at choosing their own leaders the ability to do so must be removed from them for the greater good of the planet. Either dissolve the faction, or have leadership council that needs to be approved by all races not just in the Horde so that such power never again rests with a single person.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..