Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    That still wouldn't be enough. The only acceptable revenge is conquering, and subsequent complete dissolution of the Horde. Since they have demonstrated time and time again that they are completely inept at choosing their own leaders the ability to do so must be removed from them for the greater good of the planet. Either dissolve the faction, or have leadership council that needs to be approved by all races not just in the Horde so that such power never again rests with a single person.
    Unironically Forsaken genocide when!?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Imagine that awkward moment at Blizzcon when they are doing this "For the Horde/For the Alliance" shouting thing, and there's nobody left to shout for the Alliance....
    I can't see how they aren't scrambling to try and correct the faction imbalance. As it stands now the story, which sadly is the strongest selling point for Blizzard games, for the Alliance cannot motivate players to be on the Alliance. Then the actual Alliance server populations have dwindled so low except for a select number of servers, that the Alliance is now entirely dependent on cross realm to just keep normal raiding and mythic+ dungeons barely functional. Both of these factors are just creating feedback loops of further destroying the Alliance population. By the end of this expansion the Horde is going to win the faction war, not by anything the writers did intentionally, but just by no one caring to play the Alliance anymore.

Now, while people may say, "Well mythic dungeons and raiding isn't everything in the game, there are plenty of players who do other stuff and still play Alliance." Yes, they do, for now. A lot of those players had or have friends that are still doing the higher end content. There is a reason why Blizzard keeps making raids and keeps making these kinds of content that "so few" people apparently see or use. That content is the lifeblood of a game's community. Without people progressing through it and creating opportunities for others to try it out, the server population dies a slow death, or sometimes not so slow.

I am just constantly amazed by how out of touch the entire development team and management can be with the consequences of their actions. I also can't believe that they actively refuse to make "big" changes to the game outside of expansion releases and "major" changes outside of content patches. That slow and stubborn iteration cycle means that you can't do preventative treatment of problems, full blown corrective surgery has to be done. For instance: The change the BElf racial was good, if it was performed early on when it was noticed that many people were race changing to Horde, specifically BElf and then pushing ranked mythic dungeons. Waiting over two years to then make the change is too late. After waiting two years the only appropriate action to correct the earlier problem is to make it more enticing to play on Alliance with obviously overpowered racials or some other gameplay incentive.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Is it just me or does it feel like we're paying to play the writer's terrible fan fiction and they're all butthurt that we don't think it's amazing...?

Quote Originally Posted by Amarisus View Post
    Is it just me or does it feel like we're paying to play the writer's terrible fan fiction and they're all butthurt that we don't think it's amazing...?
    Yep, that's why I stopped. And I even stayed loyal during the shitshow that was WoD and the systems chaos overkill that was Legion. But this is just too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    I can't see how they aren't scrambling to try and correct the faction imbalance. As it stands now the story, which sadly is the strongest selling point for Blizzard games, for the Alliance cannot motivate players to be on the Alliance.
    What are they going to do now? They fucked over the nelves beyond repair and as you can read in the interview, that's that for them. I mean, there are people unsubbing now who have never since Vanilla unsubbed... because Blizz devs are like: yeah, thanks for your money but you dumbass just chose the wrong race 15 years ago. Now go and fuck off, idiot.

Alliance have really NOTHING to cheer for as it stands. Not that I'm gonna watch this stuff anymore, but it's gonna be aaaaaawwwkwwwward.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-19 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it any surprise? Just another shaft in a line of shafts to the Night Elves......

The only way to salvage this in my eyes is to do another revamp of the old world (as... popular as that was in Cata. I anecdotally loved it), and this time keep the zone storylines internal with a red thread spanning continents/areas where it makes sense instead of the current expansion theme bleeding through them (Cataclysm wrecking shit was a bit much to keep in each zone forever, looking at you Darkshore tornado). Make the nelves absolutely wreck the Horde forces on the western part of Kalimdor, really pushing them out of each zone bit by bit.

I mainly play Horde, and especially Orc, and I would still love to play Darkshore/Ashenvale quests where my «wins» in questing is just making the retreat better for our forces, with the night elves still defeating us at the end and pushing us out. A last stand-scenario at Silverwind Refuge (or whatever it was called) before we’re forced to desperately fight our way through to get to the Bulwark just to survive? That would be god damn badass.

#MakeNElvesFeralAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I mainly play Horde, and especially Orc, and I would still love to play Darkshore/Ashenvale quests where my «wins» in questing is just making the retreat better for our forces, with the night elves still defeating us at the end and pushing us out. A last stand-scenario at Silverwind Refuge (or whatever it was called) before we’re forced to desperately fight our way through to get to the Bulwark just to survive? That would be god damn badass.

#MakeNElvesFeralAgain
    Funny thing is, with their gender equality thing going on, the night elven matriachalic society would give them an ideal opportunity to flesh out an all female ruled society, with Tyrande as high priestess as spiritual leader, female military leaders like Shandris Feathermoon etc. This is such a missed opportunity.

I think, deep down, the old farts at Blizzard are still those ooooold farts, misogynistic, patriachalic, authoritarian. So they probably deem nelven society femnazis or something.

They can accept a stronk woman only if it's the extension of a male character, like Sylvanas is the extension of Nathanos (aka Danuser) . I don't think it's a coincidence that Nathanos got more prominent with Sylvanas's growing importance in the story.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-22 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well Night Elf players, hope you've got money for a race change
    Pay them more money after this? Nam, fam. I'd already unsubbed, but unless the next expansion is "Just kidding, all of BFA was a dream and the lore is invalid", I'm not subbing again.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Is it any surprise? Just another shaft in a line of shafts to the Night Elves......
    They're used to it, just look at Goldshire.

/badumpssh

Well, we can start with this

At least she's not real, poor woman.

That still wouldn't be enough. The only acceptable revenge is conquering, and subsequent complete dissolution of the Horde. Since they have demonstrated time and time again that they are completely inept at choosing their own leaders the ability to do so must be removed from them for the greater good of the planet. Either dissolve the faction, or have leadership council that needs to be approved by all races not just in the Horde so that such power never again rests with a single person.
    I can get behind this idea, but i still want Tyrande to obliterate Sylvanas using Elune's light.

Morgan picked up the conversation. “The problem is there is so much to be told. Everyone has characters they want to expand on, but we also want to introduce new ones and to find ways to weave those stories together. With Rise of Azshara, the emphasis is on Sylvanas and Azshara herself. They are the focus. There’s just so much happening.”
    Errrmmmmm. Maybe I'm quite behind on lore, but isn't Azshara a night elf problem? Why the fuck the focus would be on Sylvans?

Despite loving the Warcraft story, Blizzard does fuck it up a lot of the time. Tyrande didn't get her revenge and the fact that Nathanos got away after an empowered Night Warrior + the strongest druid on Azeroth took him on is ridiculous. They should be ashamed for writing that. The only special thing about him is that he can 'shoot bows gud.' Other than that, he's just a guy and there is no way he just walks away from there. Especially after seeing Tyrande moon-blast like 50 guys 2 minutes earlier. His character is a joke and I truly hope they don't consider her and the night elf story finished.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Errrmmmmm. Maybe I'm quite behind on lore, but isn't Azshara a night elf problem? Why the fuck the focus would be on Sylvans?
    Because Blizzard hates Night Elves and only puts them in the spotlight when they're getting shit on.

Good that blizzard isn't giving in to the radical alliance players. Your delusion might fade soon in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Good that blizzard isn't giving in to the radical alliance players. Your delusion might fade soon in time.
    What that guy asked is more than a bit much, but Nathanos (The otherwise-unremarkable bow-shooty guy) getting away as seemingly easily as he did (Killing that Val’kyr doesn’t seem to have done much so far) after facing off against newly-buffed Tyrande and Malfurion the uber-druid, the two newly (and mighty quickly) turned undead Night elves in tow, that cheapened the whole “Night warrior”-thing enormously.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The scary part is that they did give in before. Thanks to their whining, Vol’jin was ruined beyond repair back in MoP.

When did the tauren get their vengeance for Taurajo?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    The scary part is that they did give in before. Thanks to their whining, Vol’jin was ruined beyond repair back in MoP.
    The thing is. Alliance players expect a revenge genocide against orcs plus the dissolve of the horde. Which is so over the top, we all knoe6ot wouldn't happening soon.