Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juuza View Post
    Woah when did this thread start talking about Camp Taurajo?
    Oh, I thought you were talking about Southshore. See, I can do this, too. Or what was that again in Stonetalon? Yeah right. Not sure if Camp Taurajo was a faction capital.. enlighten me..

The more of 8.2 I see alliance side the madder I get. Not a SINGLE night elf to be found in 90% of the story. Instead it’s Gen for some reason, and of course, Jaina. I genuinely can’t believe people actually got paid to write this.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Why not gnomes, dwarves (non dark iron)? These had even less spotlight than Night Elves.
    Even the worgen is lacking. Genn is everywhere but rarely in worgen form. He is more of a character than a representation for his race.
    I get that you like Elves, but there are races in worse state.
    What? Worse than having their racial capital destroyed, their population genocided?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What? Worse than having their racial capital destroyed, their population genocided?
    Ermh. I don't get your point.

The whole argument was about representation and "being in the spotlight" in regards to story.
    This has nothing to do whatever happened in-universe.

The point is they have a story going for them, while other races haven't had any developement in theirs for many expansions now. Whether good or bad.

Out of these I'd say the Draenei and the Night Elves are the most represented races on average, when it comes to actual story-arcs. Yes, we see a lot of humans, but they are just base-military-unit-X. Hell, in BfA even the soldier NPC's are diverse enough to disregard that.
    You just don't seem to get that this isn't about vanity, about limelight do you? It's about closure. How seem to be so unwilling to understand that really baffles me. Unless you are trolling of course.

Adding to that: the night elves are actually the 2nd most popular Alliance race by a very large margin. But it's not about that. How can someone be so thick headed is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole argument was about representation and "being in the spotlight" in regards to story.

The point is they have a story going for them, while other races haven't had any developement in theirs for many expansions now. Whether good or bad.
    As said before. This is not about "being in the spotlight". But it appears to be the only thing you are able to think about. Vanity.

And you are right with one thing: You don't get my point.

And no: this thread and argument isn't about representation.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-06-06 at 07:56 PM.

You just don't seem to get that this isn't about vanity, about limelight do you? It's about closure. How seem to be so unwilling to understand that really baffles me. Unless you are trolling of course.

Adding to that: the night elves are actually the 2nd most popular Alliance race by a very large margin. But it's not about that. How can someone be so thick headed is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

As said before. This is not about "being in the spotlight". But it appears to be the only thing you are able to think about. Vanity.

And you are right with one thing: You don't get my point.

And no: this thread and argument isn't about representation.
    The comment that I initially replied to was about representation, not whatever fan-fiction you have going on here.
    I argued the part where the guy said "night elves are under-represented" which is simply false. They have had major arcs and story-beats in many expansions now.

Now, do I think putting dwarves or worgen there would be more appropiate for the narrative in Nazjatar? No.
    Fortunately Blizz doesn't think that either. There will be Night Elf + Nightborne stuff there, just not with Tyrande. Which is fine, Tyrande isn't the sole representative of night elves.

The comment that I initially replied to was about representation, not whatever fan-fiction you have going on here.
    I argued the part where the guy said "night elves are under-represented" which is simply false. They have had major arcs and story-beats in many expansions now.

Now, do I think putting dwarves or worgen there would be more appropiate for the narrative in Nazjatar? No.
    Fortunately Blizz doesn't think that either. There will be Night Elf + Nightborne stuff there, just not with Tyrande. Which is fine, Tyrande isn't the sole representative of night elves.
    Why not? Also having Night Elves in Nazjatar is dumb. They should be fighting for their territory. Why is Shandris even there in the first place? Is human potential that strong that she HAS to follow the powerful men of the SI:7 everywhere, even when her people are fighting to save their homeland? Isn't she a commander of the Night Elf army or something?

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Why not? Also having Night Elves in Nazjatar is dumb. They should be fighting for their territory. Why is Shandris even there in the first place? Is human potential that strong that she HAS to follow the powerful men of the SI:7 everywhere, even when her people are fighting to save their homeland? Isn't she a commander of the Night Elf army or something?
    Why not... what?

I honestly don't care what race is or isn't there, as long as we get some story going.
    Shandris being there is... the same type of confusing as Nathanos being there. They are technically both in Darkshore and Nazjatar at the same time.
    Warfronts lore-wise are a mess when it comes to named characters. We'll probably get a canon closure sometime later. I hope.

I recommend you to read the thread title: "Tyrande got her revenge".

So: do you think the "Tides of Vengeance" were "appropriate" vengeance for the genocide on the nelves or not? It appears a lot of players disagree.

Or maybe make your own thread, because you seem to be a jealous player of another race. Suggested title:
    "Which Alliance race should get genocided next to be abused as plot device by the waifu fans in the devs office?"

You know, at this point, every reasonable player and fan of any race is just silently praying that their race is left alone by those so called "storytellers" and is not getting butchered like the nelves did.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-06-07 at 05:21 AM.

But we’re talking about Azshara here, the former NE queen, with 10,000 years of bad blood between her and the NEs in general, this isn’t so much about “Night elves need some positive representation” (Although they could do with some good news), it’s about “If there’s anything they *should* be heavily involved in, it’s this!”

7+ Year Old Account
    Her revenge was trying to retake a small village in Darkshore and so far failed to do so???

I recommend you to read the thread title: "Tyrande got her revenge".

So: do you think the "Tides of Vengeance" were "appropriate" vengeance for the genocide on the nelves or not? It appears a lot of players disagree.

Or maybe make your own thread, because you seem to be a jealous player of another race. Suggested title:
    "Which Alliance race should get genocided next to be abused as plot device by the waifu fans in the devs office?"

You know, at this point, every reasonable player and fan of any race is just silently praying that their race is left alone by those so called "storytellers" and is not getting butchered like the nelves did.
    I don't care about the title of the thread. I did not reply to OP. Why would my reply have to do anything OP is saying, I replied to a different person.

I don't get your über defensive stance when it comes to Night Elves. They are not real, man. Enjoy or don't enjoy the story. But don't get too attached to in-game races, it's sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    But we’re talking about Azshara here, the former NE queen, with 10,000 years of bad blood between her and the NEs in general, this isn’t so much about “Night elves need some positive representation” (Although they could do with some good news), it’s about “If there’s anything they *should* be heavily involved in, it’s this!”
    And as we see Shandris is there to represent the night elves. I'm personally glad the night elves are not "Tyrande and Malfurion" all the time.

Plus the whole Darkshore thing makes it impossible for night elves to be major players in this story. Unless they all suddenly teleport there like Shandris did (or maybe Shandris showing up in Darkshore is not canon).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get your über defensive stance when it comes to Night Elves. They are not real, man. Enjoy or don't enjoy the story. But don't get too attached to in-game races, it's sad.
    It is the same emotional reaction millions had with their disappointment with the last season of Game of Thrones.
    Yeah it is not real but the whole purpose of these movies, games, books and etc... is designed to make you actually care for something that is not real.

If you don't care then you are not entertained and if you are not entertained then you won't even bother watching it.
    When they make you care then they open themselves to criticism and sometimes rage or anguish for ruining what they made the viewer care about.

You see this in every form of entertainment.

I've not read most this thread but do Blizz seriously think that Tyrande got her revenge in her little quest line? Her whole tree got blown up, her city destroyed, her people massacred and they think that's revenge? And that she shouldn't be the focus of the patch involving both her arch enemies? What kind of drugs are they on over there?

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    The story for wow will never improve or get better until Steve Danuser is fired. He's responsible for the current garbage, Alex helped to.
    I would rather blame Christie and all Alliance fanatics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I've not read most this thread but do Blizz seriously think that Tyrande got her revenge in her little quest line? Her whole tree got blown up, her city destroyed, her people massacred and they think that's revenge? And that she shouldn't be the focus of the patch involving both her arch enemies? What kind of drugs are they on over there?
    You are on drugs if you think she should be in Naz'jatar.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    It is the same emotional reaction millions had with their disappointment with the last season of Game of Thrones.
    Yeah it is not real but the whole purpose of these movies, games, books and etc... is designed to make you actually care for something that is not real.

If you don't care then you are not entertained and if you are not entertained then you won't even bother watching it.
    When they make you care then they open themselves to criticism and sometimes rage or anguish for ruining what they made the viewer care about.

You see this in every form of entertainment.
    There is a healthy and unhealthy form of caring when it comes to these kinds of things, y'know.

Besides, WoW is not Game of Thrones. WoW goes one. Night Elves may be down now, they may be up next expac. We've seen this time and time again with other races too. You don't know. Game of Thrones ended and people were told "that's it, that's what you get". That's why people were upset.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You are on drugs if you think she should be in Naz'jatar.
    I’ll blame most of the writing department. It was never Tolkien level stuff but this is almost fanfic.

Agreed Tyrande needs stay with her people and be a leader. “Vengeance is a dish best served cold” if she waits until Sylvanas and Aszhara duke it out she can strike.

- this probably won’t happen thiugh

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a healthy and unhealthy form of caring when it comes to these kinds of things, y'know.

Besides, WoW is not Game of Thrones. WoW goes one. Night Elves may be down now, they may be up next expac. We've seen this time and time again with other races too. You don't know. Game of Thrones ended and people were told "that's it, that's what you get". That's why people were upset.
    I am not going to analyze or comment what people should care about.
    The point is both of them have made people care.

And you see the effects of it here. I am not going to pretend to have any say or judge what they are suppose to care about based on my own opinion.

Night Elves may be down now, they may be up next expac. We've seen this time and time again with other races too. You don't know.
    The Night Elves have been shat on literally from vanilla going live and then for every expansion since, even until this moment. Their trajectory has been a meteoric descent since the big bang so Blizzard could make Humans the ultimate race while the NE's drown in cosmic piss with actually no real or any logical explanation, except for the reason mentioned in this sentence.

The NE's are doomed, it is known.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Steve Danuser is the one that decides what makes the final cut. It's just like how when the Sylvannas warbringer video came out. Alot of idiots put the blame on Christie by sending death her threats and harassment. Yet those idiots didn't realize it was Danuser who had final say on the project. You didn't see Danuser step up and admit he was the one responsible for it. Instead like a coward he said nothing and let Christie take the flak for it. Danuser should loose his man-card.