Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    52 weeks in a year, so 1820$ a year.
    Let's imagine you start working at 25, that's about 35 years of saving => 1820 x 35 is about 60000$. That's without taking in account inflation, which at an average of 2% a years, would make it worth about 35000 in the end.

So 35000$ is a millionnaire. Interesting.
    And even with a million, that is not enough to live off for severall decades.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    At this point in my life, the sooner the better.
    Same here....
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Only because you have not yet found a passion, a hobby you love, or a project that interests you. Given enough time you will find something!

I guess. I tend to find things I enjoy and then realize I slowly lose that level of passion as the skills become routine. I assume at some point either my brain’s capacity to find enjoyment in new things will dimish, due to the derivative nature of skills, or I’ll simply get so good at my “passion” it loses all emotional reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

1,976 perfect age.

The best time I would prefer to die is when I haven't got a clue and it happens suddenly.

At the age of 80 with a belly full of wine and a womans mouth around my cock

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I guess. I tend to find things I enjoy and then realize I slowly lose that level of passion as the skills become routine. I assume at some point either my brain’s capacity to find enjoyment in new things will dimish, due to the derivative nature of skills, or I’ll simply get so good at my “passion” it loses all emotional reward.
    True. Your brain will stop releasing dopamine as you repeat the same thing over and over. Which is why we have to constantly mix things up. Regardless if it is fun, work, or even eating the same food for 3 days in a row.

When I get bored with life.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    True. Your brain will stop releasing dopamine as you repeat the same thing over and over. Which is why we have to constantly mix things up. Regardless if it is fun, work, or even eating the same food for 3 days in a row.
    Exactly. Which is why I feel like unlimited time would ultimately end up being more of a burden than a blessing. I will accept that my timeline may be skewed and it could take more than 150 years to grow eternally bored though.

Before I'm too old to wipe my own ass. Man, I don't wanna see those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Before I'm too old to wipe my own ass. Man, I don't wanna see those days.
    Idk, there are tons of way to entertain yourself while someone else is wiping you. “Uh-oh! I wasn’t done!”

Before I become someone else's problem. That's no way to live.

Preferably I'd like to live forever if it's ever possible, but I've always said that 70 is probably when I want to go.

I'm not a believer in some fantasy afterlife and the older I get, the more it scares me of the inevitable end, but I don't want to experience the elderly ages of like 90.

I'm 43 years old, and I've considered myself in "credits rolling" mode for the past.... 5-7 years. I've achieved pretty much every dream and goal I set for myself "within reasonable parameters," and I know that there's no assistance for my dignity once I retire, and I haven't had the luxury of a job that's let me have savings. I *do* live very happily right now, (single, self sufficient, stably and comfortably employed and gaming in my leisure time) but looking out the window, literally and figuratively, and not believing in any kind of afterlife, I have zero desire to be too old to... wander off to a dignified harmless demise at my own call.

I do hope that legalized assisted suicide will be a thing for just regular people before I get too old. I'd sign all the paperwork in sound mind and body!

I'm not suicidal, I just have zero desire to "outlive my life."

one million five hundred thirty two thousand four hundred sixty nine

If I became immobile or disabled and was unable to take care of myself without any assistance would probably be the day I'd visit the suicide booth or take the suicide shot like they have in the movie Children of Men. Quality of life is important. Just existing would kind of suck.

i'm good with now tbqh...
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

If it hasn't been posted yet.

My answer will probably keep going up the older I get, but right now I would say mid to late 60s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

I'm 37 and I am extremely unlikely to be alive at 50. I would have liked to hit 70s to 80.