Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Thumbs down 8.2 interview on why horde is supporting Sylvanas makes no sense

https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/featur...game=15&ismb=1

“Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the Horde. They’ve known nothing but conflict for over 20 years. They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before. You can see how people would want that. They might think, “I would like to know peace, please. Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to -- it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”

It was already over before Sylv escalated it again
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Why should anyone take Void's bullshit seriously?
    I don't know, ask the people who constantly say the void is afraid of Sylvanas ^^ If you take this as the void being afraid of Sylvanas, you kind of have to take it at face value, otherwise it's just a trick and probably a lie to get to Alleria and make her start a war.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I don't know, ask the people who constantly say the void is afraid of Sylvanas ^^ If you take this as the void being afraid of Sylvanas, you kind of have to take it at face value, otherwise it's just a trick and probably a lie to get to Alleria and make her start a war.
    One doesn't actually follow from the other. Void could be afraid of Sylvanas just fine and feeding Alleria bullshit in order to convince her to kill Sylvanas at the same time. If anything, that's in line with how the Void acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/featur...game=15&ismb=1

It was already over before Sylv escalated it again
    The best thing is it was the horde time and time again which started the conflict, but shure it´s ok that´s just like the horde is...

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Taking down Stormwind is starting to sound a lot more plausible, and I'm here for it. Ohhh it'd be so delicious. If that's the last thing she does before they retire her, I'll accept this dogshit of an expansion just a tiny bit more.
    I want to knock the bitch king on his flat gary-sue ass too while we raid it as well. I honestly can't STAND Anduin.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    One doesn't actually follow from the other. Void could be afraid of Sylvanas just fine and feeding Alleria bullshit in order to convince her to kill Sylvanas at the same time. If anything, that's in line with how the Void acts.
    And the void being afraid of Sylvanas to me means that she intends to take away its fodder, which would mean actually ending existence before the void can consume it. Nothing else would make the void afraid. So either the void speaks the truth and is for the reason it gives afraid of Sylvanas or it is bullshitting Alleria. There's no in between here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except it is.

Sylvanas, the crazy bitch who may or may not (now) have been involved in plaguing both Horde and Alliance forces at the Wrath Gate, has repeatedly deployed the Plague despite warnings from the rest of the Horde not to, and has threatened to raise her own soldiers into undeath on more than one occasion (And has, in fact, raised Horde into undeath since the Battle for Undercity) - Tells the Horde to go to war. (Blood covered chainsaw wielding murderer)

Saurfang, the old friend who has fought alongside the Horde many a time - Lorthemar, who has stood with the Horde time and time again, even in it's worst times - Thrall, who formed the New Horde and led it into it's most prosperous times - ALL of them are now in cahoots and against Sylvanas and her Horde. (Friend trying to help you)
    Saurfang is a useless fool who only harps about honor, yet is unable to provide any actual solutions alternate to what he deems dishonorable. On top of that he disobeyed Sylvanas twice during this war, first time by refusing to kill Malfurion and undermining the very strategy he made. Which had some witnesses in the Horde. Higher ranked ones, but still. Then he refused the order to retreat right in front of the entirety of the Horde. Then he let himself get captured and even refused being rescued (again, with witnesses for that event), shitting all over what Orcs stand for in the process.

Thrall is the original human appeaser, who constantly turned a blind eye to Alliance aggression even when Dwarves where intruding in the capital zone of his Tauren allies or, I dunno, declared the previous faction war. And his green guilt made him set Horde's capital in a barren shithole. Deliberately. To punish the Orcs. Even though at this point many Orcs in the Horde were those born in the camps, that had nothing to do with First and Second Wars. Barren shitholes don't result in prosperous anything.

And Lor'themar stood with the Horde so much he was deliberating leaving the Horde right in front of Horde's champion because his scouts sucked at scouting and then tried to leave because Aethas and Rommath did not die during a Sha-in-the-box experiment they knew from the get go to be dangerous.

And then there's Baine, who's, well, Baine.

All the people in cahoots against Sylvanas are weak-willed when it comes to Alliance (if not outright sycophant in some cases) and their constant aggression against the Horde (even during Satanic apocalypse, over total bullshit no less) and Thrall was actively detrimental to his own people by trying to make them atone for his own green guilt.

Also, Afrasiabi's blunder in the interview is meaningless for the Horde in-lore. Because whether Afrasiabi meant it that Sylvanas was behind Wrathgate or not, that doesn't change the fact that the Horde believed her assurances she was not and helped her reclaim her city instead of mounting her head on a spike. The only time she was actually warned against using Blight was in Gilneas, where she was ordered to do so because Garrosh wanted to use Gilneas campaign as a way to make the Forsaken to die out. And the only person she threatened to resurrect was Saurfang, after he publicly disobeyed her. And even then, it was to mock him. And (just like the example of her actually raising Horde members), happened after the Horde already followed her into war. So it couldn't exactly have been a consideration for them during their decision to follow.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before.
    Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to -- it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”
    the undead elf, what a pile of horseshit

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So Blizz now wants to make Sylvi the peace bringer? O.o
    Peace through killing everything alive and raise it in her service, or leave it dead. So it's correct she isn't Garrosh 2.0, but she is definately a 2.0 of someone we know...let me think. Oh, right, she's the Lich King 2.0, like that helps.

If they Kerrigan her, I give up. For real. I will eat the missile sized bullet and leave wow in the dust, and if I get the mmo itch, I'll bite the other and give my money to squeenix. Same thing but far less lame in storytelling and less foaming at the mouth for the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the undead elf, what a pile of horseshit
    Pretty much. Wtf is Blizz devs smoking, I want some. Sounds strong enough to cure my depression for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah Sylvanas IS bringing something new. The potential for the complete genocide of the Alliance. THIS is the outcome the Horde races are cheering for. All the Alliance races destroyed or enslaved.
    Wasn't that literally Garrosh's plan? Exterminating everyone else so the Horde (well, Orcs) could be in "peace"?

I really fail to see how that's anything new.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a long, difficult and ridiculous way to form a council style government from what Morgan is saying.
    An end the to Warchief position that is based in Orc tradition and does not wholly represent the Horde.

I like it but damn what a funny way to do it. Maybe schedule a meeting or something?
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "She's not Garrosh, she's Trump!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well Garrosh is not the alternative to Sylvanas, Saurfang and Co. are.
    I get that, but the interview makes it seem like what Sylvanas is proposing is totally new, when it's not. It's Garrosh with a "well she's not racist" addendum. And somehow the Horde believes what she sells (off-screen of course) despite the Alliance kicking our asses ever since Lordaeron?

It's hard to take such statements seriously when they just aren't reflected in-game at all, first because Sylvanas never exposes her motivations beyond one box of dialog in a now non-existent event and second because we literally never hear or see the Horde's populace actually do anything, much less have opinions on anything.

Still, it's not as bad as Tyrande's revenge apparently being done after she killed a random Val'kyr. RIP Night Elves once again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    She's not Garrosh 2.0!

Literally everything she's done so far can be mirrored with Garrosh. Even now, at this point in MoP story... remember how Garrosh went and got the heart of dead Old God? Sylvanas is getting the Blade of a Xal'atath... wait... didn't Garrosh start using a weapon that had a "Xal" aswell? Fucking christ it's literally the same beat for beat.

Someone needs to make a thread with bulletins of it all, because it's crazy how similar everything they do is. She's even using his underground base @_@
    I’ve always said it’s an obvious misdirect down this “Garrosh” replication, where last minute/patch it will do a complete turn and go in a different direction and throw us off. I’m not sure if they think they’re clever by doing that, or whether that think it’s good writing, because it’s neither. They’ve kinda done Sylvanas dirty tbh. It’ll either end with her going off by herself or they’ll try and justify everything they’ve done with her by giving her a “hero” ending/sacrifice by saving everyone with some BS. It’s a mess either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I actually blame absolute garbage Blizz writing. But stabbed Azeroth didn't started the war. Sylvanas did. Alliance and Horde could work at healing Azeroth. By working together or even separately with suspicion. But randomly going "muh lets burn the tree for reasons" was purely a "gamification of the lore" stupid decision, it just made no sense for all the horde to follow Sylvanas in this direction.
    Sargeras' imprisonment was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I LOL'd so much after reading this! XDDDDDDD!!

THIS IS BLIZZARD LOGIC!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

They probably have plans for Sylvanas after BfA.

She will probably not be a villain. The real issue is with the narrative design of that choice. If Sylvanas has some ulterior masterplan then it should be at the very least hinted about. Leaving the playerbase in the dark, trying to be purposely obscure in medium that takes months - years to forward the story is not smart. Its frustrating

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The only good Trump is the one that plays Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They probably have plans for Sylvanas after BfA.

She will probably not be a villain. The real issue is with the narrative design of that choice. If Sylvanas has some ulterior masterplan then it should be at the very least hinted about. Leaving the playerbase in the dark, trying to be purposely obscure in medium that takes months - years to forward the story is not smart. Its frustrating
    exactly. If they actually had a non-obvious plan for Syvlanas then the story should at least hint at it. Sudden asspull and then say aha surprise is extremely bad storytelling.

At the very least, they can make Nathanos tell you something more cryptic but meaningful so people can speculate what she is doing, and not "play along for now, you'll see lulz"

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    At the very least, they can make Nathanos tell you something more cryptic but meaningful so people can speculate what she is doing, and not "play along for now, you'll see lulz"
    Well, no, they can't. That'd imply any modicum of competency on their part, which they do not have.