Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I think people just need to stop being cry babies, honestly. The primary focus/problem of this expansion so far as been Sylvanas, thus it makes sense the cinematics play into the main role of the expansion hence why it's been Horde "sided". There's nothing (as of yet) in terms of plot importance that an Alliance cinematic could contribute (unlike Saurfang bringing Thrall back into the Horde) that would result in a justification for having a full CGI cinematic being produced - BfA has been a very Horde focused story line so far and that's fine, because you can never truly 50/50 balance a story line and have cinematics for it. I'm positive in the future the Alliance will get a similar treatment, but for now peoples whining does absolutely zero.
    Thing is, it would be trivial to think of stuff that deserved cinematic from the Alliance side. Sylvanas isn't exclusively Horde problem - her actions are the reason why Tyrande used some ancient ritual to get blessing directly from her goddess and supposedly turn into unstoppable killing machine. Both Night Elves and Worgen have ignored Anduin's instructions and focused on Darkshore. Hell, even if Saurfang simplmy MUST be the focus - have someone (Malfurion?) question his convenient "escape" and not be happy with it. Anything.

But nope, it has to be Horde struggling to find their honor again. Which they will forget about in 9.0, completely lose in 10.0 and rediscover in 11.2 again.

I play alliance, and I don't mind more cinematics overall. I think we'll definitely get some as the expac continues, and if not, you have to remember a lot of the conflict this expac is actually from within the horde, so it makes sense they'd get their cinematics rn. I think we'll get some, just give it some time. However I do often think, imagine if the darkshore cinematic, with Malfurion and Tyrande was an actual cinematic, that woulda been badass.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Thing is, it would be trivial to think of stuff that deserved cinematic from the Alliance side. Sylvanas isn't exclusively Horde problem - her actions are the reason why Tyrande used some ancient ritual to get blessing directly from her goddess and supposedly turn into unstoppable killing machine. Both Night Elves and Worgen have ignored Anduin's instructions and focused on Darkshore. Hell, even if Saurfang simplmy MUST be the focus - have someone (Malfurion?) question his convenient "escape" and not be happy with it. Anything.

But nope, it has to be Horde struggling to find their honor again. Which they will forget about in 9.0, completely lose in 10.0 and rediscover in 11.2 again.
    It's more of an issue and a problem for the Horde though, and that's the point. It's definitely a Horde driven story this expansion and there's literally no denying that.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's more of an issue and a problem for the Horde though, and that's the point. It's definitely a Horde driven story this expansion and there's literally no denying that.
    Well of course it's more of an Horde issue if the writers are focusing on one side to the detriment of the other. That's why this thread was made. Things didn't have to be this way. We already had The Horde Civil War vs Adventures of the Robo Cat in MoP, so some people expected that Blizzard would learn and treat the Alliance more seriously. High quality cinematics are rare enough that it does bother us when they're focused on one faction, with the other merely being there to prop Saurfang along.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well of course it's more of an Horde issue if the writers are focusing on one side to the detriment of the other. That's why this thread was made. Things didn't have to be this way. We already had The Horde Civil War vs Adventures of the Robo Cat in MoP, so some people expected that Blizzard would learn and treat the Alliance more seriously. High quality cinematics are rare enough that it does bother us when they're focused on one faction, with the other merely being there to prop Saurfang along.
    The other point being that when there's two "sides" involved in a story, you can never balance it 50/50. Sometimes the story (as an overall) will sway towards one side more towards the other, thus you cannot please everyone. Cinematics have been solely down to expansion intros, so yes they have been rare. However, i'd be surprised if blizzard just dropped this kind of structure of releasing them in the future. It's clearly something they can do, so we'll probably see more of this kind of release strategy for an expansion further down the line.

I may have mentioned this before. But the problem with the Saurfang cinematics for the Alliance is not necessarily that Alliance definitely needs some just for them.
    The problem is that Saurfang is entirely a horde-centric character.

Not counting the cinematics, Saurfang has shown up a single time since the pre-oatch. And that is when he is captured in Undercity. After that he has only been mentioned ONCE. In 8.1.5 Shaw offhandedly mentions how Saurfang escaped the Stockades.

Try to look at it from the perspective of Alliance players who do not play Horde. Unless they read fansites and know from there what the Horde side of the story is. They have no knowledge of what Saurfang is doing in BfA. From their perspective, he was captured, then escaped, his escape is not even given any prominence, Shaw just offhandedly mentions it in conversation.
    Horde meanwhile has Saurfang show up in the Zandalar intro questline, then a decently involved questline where you find out he escaped, and the implications that he was given help, leading to a game-first in giving the player a choice (a stupid choice given the way the story can develop but still.)

While the issue of Blizz probably not wanting ot make entirely new models was trounced with the newest cinematic faturing new models. I would at least ask for the cinematics to be given relevance to Alliance players as well. When Saurfang eventually shows up in 8.2 for Alliance, that will be the second time we have even seen his model ingame in BfA.

An Alliance cinematic would be hard to do in terms of equitable representation. In the game Saurfang is mostly absent while other Horde characters have their own segments shown during gameplay. For the Alliance it would be hard to do the same, since Blizz benched most of the characters. To have an equivalent cinematic for the Alliance, Blizzard would need to show a similar focus on an iconic character whose voice can't be heard in game. When they decided to write off the NEs/Gnomes, that left no one else to take the mantel but Genn, Jaina, and Anduin. Problem is that they're already so prominent in BfA that it would be redundant to give them (especially Jaina) more screen time. There is no proper Saurfang equivalent. The Alliance needs its prima donna.
    Moderator of the Lore and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I mean, at this point. I would be happy with an Alliance cinematic of Anduin and Genn sitting at a table just talking about their plans for the Horde once the war is over.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    How many fucking Saurfang cinematics are they gonna make lol. They're really milking that CGI model for all its worth.

There's two sides to this war, remember? Can we get some fucking Anduin & Greymane cinematics please?
    Its so amazing that people like him. Sitting
    Here on Mmo and realy complaing about how many horde
    And Alliance cinematics they made.
    Pathetic realy... does it even mather?
    Is your life so colorless that you spend your
    Day thinking and complain about that.

People today are so senisitiv and so out of touch with the real life that they need to cook up a complain about this?

Ffs go so somethong with ur life... study.. work etc.. your complain is so meanigless

How many fucking Saurfang cinematics are they gonna make lol. They're really milking that CGI model for all its worth.

There's two sides to this war, remember? Can we get some fucking Anduin & Greymane cinematics please?
    „mimimimi horde gets 1,74 apples here and 1,24 there, and we just got 1,12 apples now mimimimi. thats so unfair, mommy. mimimimi“

jesus christ, thats so laughable and embrassing. just grow up. cheesus....
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-05-22 at 06:08 AM.

Velen and Tyrande cinematic over losing their home and finally having the two neighbors talk to eachother after 13 years
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    An Alliance cinematic would be hard to do in terms of equitable representation. In the game Saurfang is mostly absent while other Horde characters have their own segments shown during gameplay. For the Alliance it would be hard to do the same, since Blizz benched most of the characters. To have an equivalent cinematic for the Alliance, Blizzard would need to show a similar focus on an iconic character whose voice can't be heard in game. When they decided to write off the NEs/Gnomes, that left no one else to take the mantel but Genn, Jaina, and Anduin. Problem is that they're already so prominent in BfA that it would be redundant to give them (especially Jaina) more screen time. There is no proper Saurfang equivalent. The Alliance needs its prima donna.
    Why is Anduin prominent in BfA? I mean I don't want an Anduin cinematic, but he only appears in specific points as much as Sylvanas does when it is needed to conclude or start a plot without any real involvement from him. He doesn't exactly do anything active after the UC scenario, he just narrates plot points. Comparing him to Genn and Jaina who are often in the thick of it seems peculiar. At least Sylvanas uses her limited screen time to say something ominous or to initiate plots.

What are you talking about ? There is no Horde Cinematic. A Horde Cinematic would show Sylvanas doing something, talking to Lor'themar or doing stuff in Orgrimmar or whatever.

Saurfang's cinematics are neutral, neither Saurfang or Thrall are part of the Horde right now.

If you consider that Saurfang = Horde because he's Orc, then the entirety of Legion was focused on Alliance as Illidan, Velen, Khadgar, Tyrande, Malfurion and Magni are from Alliance-based races.

The alliance hogged all the attention in Legion, so please leave some crumbs for the rest of us this time, ok?
    Mother pus bucket!

What about story as Saurfang vs. Sylvannas but in Alliance? Tyrande vs Anduin or something?
    Already they plot against us.
    Seize this moment, Varian.
    Dismantle the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Horde meanwhile has Saurfang show up in the Zandalar intro questline,

W
    what? when does he ever go to Zandalar? do you remember when this was?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    What are you talking about ? There is no Horde Cinematic. A Horde Cinematic would show Sylvanas doing something, talking to Lor'themar or doing stuff in Orgrimmar or whatever.

Saurfang's cinematics are neutral, neither Saurfang or Thrall are part of the Horde right now.

If you consider that Saurfang = Horde because he's Orc, then the entirety of Legion was focused on Alliance as Illidan, Velen, Khadgar, Tyrande, Malfurion and Magni are from Alliance-based races.
    And yet, only Horde actually gets ingame plot concerning Saurfang. As i mentioned above, Saurfang has only been shown a single time at the very beginning of BfA if you play Alliance, and his escape was given a single line from Shaw to the effect of "A prisoner escaped from the Stockades"

Saurfangs story is entirely Horde-focused, you can talk as much as yo uwant about Saurfang not being part of the Horde, but that doe not remove the fact that he is entirely missing from the Alliance story.

Not to mention Saurfang cinematics only talk about the Horde and their problems, even the one with Anduin was less focused on the Alliance, and more on Saurfang feeling bad about the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    what? when does he ever go to Zandalar? do you remember when this was?
    He does not show up in Zandalar, but he is part of the introduction questline. You know, the one where you rescure Talanji and go to Zandalar. That quest alone doubled the exposure Saurfang has to the Horde players as opposed to Alliance ones.

I guess we already are ignoring legion with varian flexing at an army, while voljin just gets speared by random demon?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yeah an alliance cinematic would be nice. One where Tyrande plans to betray Anduin, or Moira attacks the three hammer council and lose, or Genn goes on Gilneas alone to get killed on his lands and leave the war behind.

Yeah right, itwould be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Well that's what alliance players have constantly been told. . .