Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    But Blizz has an actual 1.12 server build in operation to refer to as they get these reports.
    As I've posted a few pages back, some of the "reported bugs" are actually how it was back then, but what was changed on private servers (for better or worse). So it could also be that some people simply expect it to be like it is on private servers, even if THAT is actually not how it was back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah ofc. Just that we as humans tend to make old memories more pretty than they are. Same as we all remember playing old games and how awesome they looked and then you play them 20 years later and you notice, it's still awesome, but not as pretty as you thought it was.
    I went and played Goldeneye 64 after 20 years last year, you do not wanna play Goldeneye 64 again lol.

But some games can still be an enjoyable ride. I still go back to Legend of Zelda: OoT and can still enjoy that game after every go. Some times rose tinted glasses can swing both way
    "Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat—that's the key" - Geralt of Rivia

They're right tho. Beta is incredibly bugged so far. Hopefully they fix it.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | Tt eSPORTS POSSEIDON | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    As I've posted a few pages back, some of the "reported bugs" are actually how it was back then, but what was changed on private servers (for better or worse). So it could also be that some people simply expect it to be like it is on private servers, even if THAT is actually not how it was back in vanilla.
    Totally agree with that. Especially if they've played more private server contrent than actuall playign vanilla.

That would be me... I never played Vnailla, I played early TBC but sure as heck would not rely on my recollection to rebuild a TBC server... lol

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    At this point doubting Blizzard seems pretty reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I don't know the exact numbers on stuff, so I can't say Classic is perfect, but I'd guess that in most cases it's people's memories (or experiences on private servers) that are off, not the game. Blizzard has seemed pretty dedicated to recreating the experience, they have no reason to intentionally tweak it.
    Yes why would a company run by "You think you want it but you don't" want people to complain about Classic...
    Called it right after the announcement that he would try some petty sabotage just so he could say "SEE I TOLD YOU SO"

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    Regen on beta is bugged. Base regen doesnt work until you get x amount of spirit. That's why it's low.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | Tt eSPORTS POSSEIDON | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    *laugh* I thought you wanted the Vanilla Experience? Vanilla was incredibly bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    *laugh* I thought you wanted the Vanilla Experience? Vanilla was incredibly bugged.
    No. TBC until 2.3 was way more bugged than 1.12, for example.

Right now it looks perfect . I hope to keep it like this

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    What's so "incredibly" bugged so far?

Some people are constantly saying this and whenever I ask them it's either some minimal shit (like a mob spawned in a tree) or some error in the detail that could be some configuration error (like the regen stuff).

"Incredibly" bugged implies that like half the game isn't working and yet it's 95% fine so far
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-05-16 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Yes why would a company run by "You think you want it but you don't" want people to complain about Classic...
    Called it right after the announcement that he would try some petty sabotage just so he could say "SEE I TOLD YOU SO"
    You're right, they want the thing they've spent time and money on to fail to reach its targeted audience so it won't make them any money. How could I be so blind?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Is the pace of the game classic like? Are the numerbs similarly tweaked as they were before? Is the gameplay essencially there? If yes was the response to the 3 of them then we're good to go!
    Yes, Depends who you ask (may be certain mobs are incorrect), Yes.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Don't tell me that you actually fucking believe that Blizzard is only releasing Classic to prove a point to some people on the forums?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What's so "incredibly" bugged so far?

Some people are constantly saying this and whenever I ask them it's either some minimal shit (like a mob spawned in a tree) or some error in the detail that could be some configuration error (like the regen stuff).

"Incredibly" bugged implies that like half the game isn't working and yet it's 95% fine so far
    Just go watch Perplexity, it looks like he's the only one who wants to fix something.

Watch

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...5-15-19/173883

for known classic beta issues.

Overall pretty smooth game with little bugs. Pservers have it way worse.

Why would a company, any company deliberately sabotage themselves where instead they could be making money. Business rule 1) Make profit, Rule 2) Make more profit, rule 3) There is no such thing as enough profit.

Simply put nothing blizzard or anyone with a business does even seemingly generous things like free game, PR work etc is for anything other than profit generation. Going "Ha Ha told you so." while watching their money levels drop isn't something any business will do.

They made classic because the community that wanted classic convinced the money guys there's a profit. If major profits are made on classic expect 9.0 to move far towards a vanilla style of gameplay as well because blizzard will be seeing that as where the money is.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Honestly, these comments are inevitable.

I was watching some streams just now and I gotta say - I think this might flop. Now hold on before you jump on my throat.

I am anxious to try classic - really I am. I was there back in 2004. But watching these streams... watching a druid cast Wrath and use 1/3 of their Mana. Watching casters literally have to swing staves in auto attack.

I realize some of that goes away with level - not not for a loooonnggg time in classic. I guess that's what people want - but watching it again in stream... yea I Am not as excited as I was. *shrug*
    Seems like you've finally taken your rose-tinted glasses off. I have a deep memory and fondness for vanilla. It was great. For its time. That sort of gameplay has absolutely no place in today's MMO world. Expectations are so much higher now. After initial hype dies down classic will quickly peter out.

I'd be surprised if we see 10 guilds make it to and clear Naxx.

Majority of people will leave long before that after being one shot by a rogue from stealth or a mage POM PYRO for the 1000th time. Cries for balance will commence, and then the population will be split again into people who want balance changes and people who want to retain the imbalance for the vanilla feeling.

Cries for new content. Cries for LFD/LFR tools. I can just picture all of them now.

I feel bad for all those people going in expecting to play hybrid dps or tank and expecting to compete. You know not what you're doing, friends.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2019-05-16 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I went and played Goldeneye 64 after 20 years last year, you do not wanna play Goldeneye 64 again lol.

But some games can still be an enjoyable ride. I still go back to Legend of Zelda: OoT and can still enjoy that game after every go. Some times rose tinted glasses can swing both way
    Thing is nobady argues that gameplay wise mider wow is better. But when comes to systems it is miles behing what mmorpg is supostu be. Flying, LFG, LFR, Sharding, difficulty levels non of that belongs into mmo game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Seems like you've finally taken your rose-tinted glasses off. I have a deep memory and fondness for vanilla. It was great. For its time. That sort of gameplay has absolutely no place in today's MMO world. Expectations are so much higher now. After initial hype dies down classic will quickly peter out.

I'd be surprised if we see 10 guilds make it to and clear Naxx.
    Nobady is playing classic for its gameplay. We playnit for its systems and community aspect. Some peole would say gameplay is most important. No it isnt. Imerssion and community retain players far better than anything els.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Watch

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...5-15-19/173883

for known classic beta issues.

Overall pretty smooth game with little bugs. Pservers have it way worse.
    Rather sad that bit by bit restoring a 14 year old game and updating it for modern netcode and PCs runs near flawlessly on Day 1 of Beta while Live can't even put out a functional Day 1 PTR.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Asmongold is streaming Classic in Loch moden on Twitch ..Now

He already has 60,000 viewers...
    A decent indicator that there will be at least that many people interested in trying out Classic, but probably quite a few more. I'm hopeful we'll wind up with 100k minimum as the permanent "Classic crowd" player base, if not more.