Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Another indicator. A streamer I've been subbed to long-term, who has never played WoW, wants to do a playthrough 1-60 in Classic once it comes out.
    Jumping on a hype train is what streamers do. Once the hype(ad revenue) dies down he'll quit. The fact that he just wants to do a playthrough of the levels and not the end game should be a huge hint of that. It takes a new player, that doesn't know what they're doing, a very long time to level in classic.

Just saying that this isn't indicative of the actual amount of hype and dedication for a game.
    Last edited by urasim; 2019-05-16 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Regarding Mana/HP rates, not played the beta so I can't comment.. In the Blizzcon demo though people reported the Mana/HP regen rates being too high and then others argued that they were wrong and the rates were correct following a big argument with people feeling smug because the people who "felt" it was wrong were imagining things... Then blizzard confirms the numbers were actually wrong and the guys "feeling" the difference were correct all along.

There are going to be things off in the beta, I don't think that makes it "not classic" but all the same the stuff needs to be reported and blizzard needs to be made aware of it or it won't get fixed. We know from retail beta phases that many bugs are found and reported very early on but that feedback goes unseen because not enough of a fuss is made about it and Blizzard isn't paying attention, so let people make a fuss.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Is this Mandela effect? Or is it really that different?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What did you expect?

I am sorry, this is a horrible comment but most our memories are fueled by either rose tinted glasses, or for some, skewered results from private servers.

But I sadly knew that it would cause some whining to feed the wishes of this museum.
    I dont want sound harsh but rose tinted glasses argument was made as counter argument if game will be fun. Not as if numbers what people rember are correct. So quit using it. Despites what all others says classic is ton of fun and rose tinted glasses argument got shattered.

Been playing it up to lvl 14. This definitely feels like Vanilla as a warrior. Kill 2 or 3 mobs then bandage or drink. Or if going place to place kill mob run a little charge kill. Downtime is pretty similar from what I experienced in Vanilla on my warrior. Haven't tried a rogue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Regarding Mana/HP rates, not played the beta so I can't comment.. In the Blizzcon demo though people reported the Mana/HP regen rates being too high and then others argued that they were wrong and the rates were correct following a big argument with people feeling smug because the people who "felt" it was wrong were imagining things... Then blizzard confirms the numbers were actually wrong and the guys "feeling" the difference were correct all along.

There are going to be things off in the beta, I don't think that makes it "not classic" but all the same the stuff needs to be reported and blizzard needs to be made aware of it or it won't get fixed. We know from retail beta phases that many bugs are found and reported very early on but that feedback goes unseen because not enough of a fuss is made about it and Blizzard isn't paying attention, so let people make a fuss.
    Those number could be bad for lvl 15 not for lvl 1. As you level regen gets slower and slower becouse mp5 increase isnt that big compared.to mana pool and spell cost. At lvl 15+ you can see mp5 struggle to fill mana bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Those number could be bad for lvl 15 not for lvl 1. As you level regen gets slower and slower becouse mp5 increase isnt that big compared.to mana pool and spell cost. At lvl 15+ you can see mp5 struggle to fill mana bar.
    There is a formula to it though, varies per class (For example spirit * 0.80 + 6 and increases by 33% when sitting). The numbers were too high during the demo because the formula wasn't working properly, Blizzard talked about it in one of the dev update blogs. Some people were claiming the formula was correct and the numbers were right, others were saying it still felt too fast.

It turns out it was too high and the numbers were off... There will be many more of these bugs, the more people complain about them the more likely they are to be fixed.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

What Classic did people play?
    One of the MOST annoying(I guess some people liked it) parts of leveling as a new player in EF and Westfalls was the agro ranges were so tight you'd sometimes get like 5 on you when you were after 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Really stupid idea compares it to private realms. Private realms never had Blizzars number they all just guesed how it could be.
    He was just responding to a comment earlier where someone said that current beta players wouldn't know how things were back in the old days because all they played was private servers. So Rico opened them up for side-by-side scientific testing.

Try to keep up, here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Corgis are well known for their danger to cabbages. You should get a pit bull instead. Your cabbages will be safe, although they will probably kill your children.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    these comments are inevitable.
    These comments are Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except they did leave the game as it was dude....
    Going off the mana and HP no it's not the same, that is a change that was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Going off the mana and HP no it's not the same, that is a change that was intended.
    how do you know? its been 15 years since classic. pservers dont count since they dont have the actual values from any official database. Even they did have the regen pretty much the same as we see in the beta... leveled up on nost and the regen was fast at low levels and then became a pain very soon after that.

You trying to say that they changed the data when they "worked on the game" is pure ignorance... if you actually knew what they had to do to make the game even playable on modern hardware you would know what they worked on, and thats the compatibility.
    Theres been like numerous topics, interviews, panels and what not explaining that to make the game stable and playable on modern server hardware, they had to make the new hardware read the old data... and at the start it was unable to do that so they had to work on it so it CAN read it properly.

And now we have a beta for people to see and make sure bugs are found and fixed, bugs that were the result of this compatibility work they had to do. If you didnt know this by now then you chose to be ignorant so trying to spread false information after that decision makes your criticism completely worthless.

As far as anyone is aware the regen is fine... it always was high in low levels because scaling was bad, only after hitting doubledigits did regening require eating food.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    how do you know? do you have the actual vanilla code to compare?

or are you going "muh private server its slower"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Are you austistic OP? Legit question.

People are trolling on twitch chat 24/7 and you take those complains seriously like really?

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    Been playing it up to lvl 14. This definitely feels like Vanilla as a warrior. Kill 2 or 3 mobs then bandage or drink. Or if going place to place kill mob run a little charge kill. Downtime is pretty similar from what I experienced in Vanilla on my warrior. Haven't tried a rogue though.
    Reading this makes me want to go warrior again, I remember it wasn’t to bad with gear up to same level as toon.

Im for sure not gonna play that shit called "classic wow"

Welp. They already changed the game too much for me. Removal of unarmored epic mounts? THE MONSTERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    You never played pre-BC, yet 90% of your fucking comments are about how awesome and great classic was? (like LITERALLY 90%) Delusional gimps like you make me sick.
    Does it make you feel better that I've played most of the rest and can tell you that the current one (which I also don't play) is the suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Of course. There is reason why the game evolved beyond what vanilla was. The vast, vast majority of players will most likely give up long befor they ever each max level because the gameplay is dated, slow and just not fun.
    The basic gameplay is almost still the same today. Thats why both games are World of Warcraft.

Seriously, I don't have more "fun" if I have to shoot birds every day that I could kill faster without the gun I'm forced to use. I don't care if I'm riding a big frog killing 100 mobs with 10 slashes instead of killing 10 mobs on my own.

Abilities still work the same. The difference here is only the design philosphy behind the classes. In Vanilla, there where classes. The idea was that that you aren't an affliction warlock, you where "just" a warlock. Maybe you spcced deep affliction, but no one never ever put ALL skillpoints into a single tree.

Current class design just tells you "this is how you have to play this class", period. I've looked up builds for warlocks and feral dreuids, and I've found 5-6 different builds for each of them, all with their own strength, weaknesses and nuances based on preference. This is great. It would be even better if they where viable for raiding, but most builds are gutted by the debuff limit. If they would remove that, and adjust raid mobs accordingly, this would open up a hell lot of possibilities.

Another difference is how bosses and dungeons are designed. I like the vanilla dungeons more. Labyrinths, which require keys, coordination, and knowledge of the dungeon. This is true for high M+ too, but in vanilla is has been a requirement, not an optional thing.

What has clearly improved is boss design. But for a few expansions, they already started repeating mechanics in different shapes. What the player has todo is mostly the same. Just the circumstances change which makes the encounters "play" different. In BfA they are close to reaching mathematical impossibility 'cause that's the only way to make those bosses "challanging" for most top raiding guilds.

Slow? Yes, totally have to agree here. Vanilla was way slower. But for me, this is a good thing. Slow means rewards can be meaningful and one can work towards a bigger goal. The other point of classic is: It has a finite end. I'll have to repeat stuff like in retail, but I won't have to repeat the same stuff for YEARS 'cause the developers running out of ideas. World Quests are a good example for this. A patch might bring a new zone, yes, it will have new world quests. But what we do will still be the same, just within another environment. Most attempts where we are doing other things are heavily disliked by the majority of the community. Remember the Khirin'Tor WQ in Legion? There was actually new gameplay, and people hated it.

So no. Current retail is not "fun" to me while classic will surely be. I would go as far and say retail is way more grind than vanilla ever was. Just shaped a little bit more friendly.

The "reason" why the game evolved as it did is the following: The devs realized that some of their ideas didn't really work. Like the hybrid tax. That's good. But that a beastmaster hunter has to play super different from a marksmanship hunter and be at the same competetion level is NOT a requirement for this game to be good. It is something requested by the community. Raids have been too big, too difficult and took too long. So they've been made more and more accessible through the years. But again, this is NOT a requirement for the game to be good. It just increased the audience the game can attract. Declaring raiding as the primary end game, tuning it accordingly so raids increase in difficulty, is a totally valid design strategy. Players disliked the amount of daily quests in MoP, and Blizzard just renamed them into World Quests and everyone is happy. Ok, granted, there are way more different WQ than there where dailies in MoP. But that has nothing todo with relabeling them.

I'm tired of this trickery, serving me the same stuff over and over again but with a different sauce. That's not "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They were still not wrong though: You think you do but you don't.
    For some people this will be true, and there is nothing wrong with that. I totally get it that the vanilla design is not fun for everyone, nor for the majority of gamers today. But what I've written above is the reasoning why I don't like where retail is going. IMO ALL "new" features of BfA failed horribly, forcing the devs to revamp some of their "ideas" to closer match Legions features. That's a big red sign to me.

Vanilly wasn't perfect in any way. But it is way closer to what I expect from the game than retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    how do you know? its been 15 years since classic. pservers dont count since they dont have the actual values from any official database. Even they did have the regen pretty much the same as we see in the beta... leveled up on nost and the regen was fast at low levels and then became a pain very soon after that.

You trying to say that they changed the data when they "worked on the game" is pure ignorance... if you actually knew what they had to do to make the game even playable on modern hardware you would know what they worked on, and thats the compatibility.
    Theres been like numerous topics, interviews, panels and what not explaining that to make the game stable and playable on modern server hardware, they had to make the new hardware read the old data... and at the start it was unable to do that so they had to work on it so it CAN read it properly.

And now we have a beta for people to see and make sure bugs are found and fixed, bugs that were the result of this compatibility work they had to do. If you didnt know this by now then you chose to be ignorant so trying to spread false information after that decision makes your criticism completely worthless.

As far as anyone is aware the regen is fine... it always was high in low levels because scaling was bad, only after hitting doubledigits did regening require eating food.
    How do you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    how do you know? do you have the actual vanilla code to compare?

or are you going "muh private server its slower"
    How do you know exactly?