Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Private servers have 15 years of experience about collecting vanilla data, it should be more accurate.
    We are not sure where Blizz gets the data.
    collecting their data from WHAT exactly?
    and we do... they have the literal vanilla code.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean didnt they say like a decade ago classic servers arent possible because they lost all data.
    they thought they did, but they went back to their old files and were able to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    You mean activision who dictates on how their consumers should think? You think you do but you don't?

Those boys are honest.
    you are some conspiracy theory level of crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    They have actually said the exact opposite of what you are claiming. But keep that tinfoil hat going, it suits you.
    Sure they have in imagination land.

Lmao you are the one wearing it along with the people whining about classic values.

Edit: literal qoute from one of the interviews about Classic: J. Allen Brack: You've highlighted the big ones. Before we started work on this project, we couldn't actually run vanilla WOW. The hardware is different. The operating systems are different. There was no way for it to just work.

They had to rebuild it from the ground up, they even said many times they need help from the community going so far as to use "Nostalrius" a private server's build.

They cant use "old code" because that code no longer works with their systems, they have to rebuild it from the ground up.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2019-05-17 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    collecting their data from WHAT exactly?
    and we do... they have the literal vanilla code.

- - - Updated - - -

they thought they did, but they went back to their old files and were able to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

you are some conspiracy theory level of crazy.
    Excuse me? Conspiracy? "you think you do but you dont" straight from the horses mouth, they're telling you what to think, dictate what you think.

Boy you're insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    The basic gameplay is almost still the same today. Thats why both games are World of Warcraft.

Seriously, I don't have more "fun" if I have to shoot birds every day that I could kill faster without the gun I'm forced to use. I don't care if I'm riding a big frog killing 100 mobs with 10 slashes instead of killing 10 mobs on my own.

Abilities still work the same. The difference here is only the design philosphy behind the classes. In Vanilla, there where classes. The idea was that that you aren't an affliction warlock, you where "just" a warlock. Maybe you spcced deep affliction, but no one never ever put ALL skillpoints into a single tree.

Current class design just tells you "this is how you have to play this class", period. I've looked up builds for warlocks and feral dreuids, and I've found 5-6 different builds for each of them, all with their own strength, weaknesses and nuances based on preference. This is great. It would be even better if they where viable for raiding, but most builds are gutted by the debuff limit. If they would remove that, and adjust raid mobs accordingly, this would open up a hell lot of possibilities.

Another difference is how bosses and dungeons are designed. I like the vanilla dungeons more. Labyrinths, which require keys, coordination, and knowledge of the dungeon. This is true for high M+ too, but in vanilla is has been a requirement, not an optional thing.

What has clearly improved is boss design. But for a few expansions, they already started repeating mechanics in different shapes. What the player has todo is mostly the same. Just the circumstances change which makes the encounters "play" different. In BfA they are close to reaching mathematical impossibility 'cause that's the only way to make those bosses "challanging" for most top raiding guilds.

Slow? Yes, totally have to agree here. Vanilla was way slower. But for me, this is a good thing. Slow means rewards can be meaningful and one can work towards a bigger goal. The other point of classic is: It has a finite end. I'll have to repeat stuff like in retail, but I won't have to repeat the same stuff for YEARS 'cause the developers running out of ideas. World Quests are a good example for this. A patch might bring a new zone, yes, it will have new world quests. But what we do will still be the same, just within another environment. Most attempts where we are doing other things are heavily disliked by the majority of the community. Remember the Khirin'Tor WQ in Legion? There was actually new gameplay, and people hated it.

So no. Current retail is not "fun" to me while classic will surely be. I would go as far and say retail is way more grind than vanilla ever was. Just shaped a little bit more friendly.

The "reason" why the game evolved as it did is the following: The devs realized that some of their ideas didn't really work. Like the hybrid tax. That's good. But that a beastmaster hunter has to play super different from a marksmanship hunter and be at the same competetion level is NOT a requirement for this game to be good. It is something requested by the community. Raids have been too big, too difficult and took too long. So they've been made more and more accessible through the years. But again, this is NOT a requirement for the game to be good. It just increased the audience the game can attract. Declaring raiding as the primary end game, tuning it accordingly so raids increase in difficulty, is a totally valid design strategy. Players disliked the amount of daily quests in MoP, and Blizzard just renamed them into World Quests and everyone is happy. Ok, granted, there are way more different WQ than there where dailies in MoP. But that has nothing todo with relabeling them.

I'm tired of this trickery, serving me the same stuff over and over again but with a different sauce. That's not "fun".

For some people this will be true, and there is nothing wrong with that. I totally get it that the vanilla design is not fun for everyone, nor for the majority of gamers today. But what I've written above is the reasoning why I don't like where retail is going. IMO ALL "new" features of BfA failed horribly, forcing the devs to revamp some of their "ideas" to closer match Legions features. That's a big red sign to me.

Vanilly wasn't perfect in any way. But it is way closer to what I expect from the game than retail.
    I'm going to go ahead and say no. But I also didn't read all that.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Excuse me? Conspiracy? "you think you do but you dont" straight from the horses mouth, they're telling you what to think, dictate what you think.
    You're trying to imply that Blizzard doesn't have the source code for WoW. And additionally you're trying to imply that Activision is forcing them to lie to us about it.
    And all this because you've observed a "wrong mana regen rate" on someones stream.

Sorry, but it does sound a bit like you're the one flying over the cuckoo's nest here.

Twitch chat is cancer anyways,we was fine without it in 2004/2005 and will this timeline too.

It doesn't matter if the game is perfectly the original version of vanilla. Its the best mmo we've got out right now and nothing else like it has come out since 2004.

Well, before Classic came to be people had been trying to make PS Blizzlike, there's a lot of guesswork involved, now people are used to those PS numbers, but now some want Classic to become PS-like :P It's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurthos View Post
    It doesn't matter if the game is perfectly the original version of vanilla. Its the best mmo we've got out right now and nothing else like it has come out since 2004.
    This is what we call an opinion. For me FFXIV is a better game than both retail and Classic WoW but i know what i am saying is an opinion and saying nothing else like it has come out since 2004 is a extremely biased statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Well, before Classic came to be people had been trying to make PS Blizzlike, there's a lot of guesswork involved, now people are used to those PS numbers, but now some want Classic to become PS-like :P It's inevitable.

Can we stop giving any credence to streamers who've played on private servers. If they even played vanilla wow on release their memories and experience has been completely tainted. Anyone on here referencing private servers to make a point are just as tainted.
    Classic might not be a 100% perfect recreation of vanilla wow but it will be the most accurate possible experience of what it was like. Stop cry-arsing because its not perfect or you don't perfectly remember.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    pulled 5 in a row not 5 at once
    running sheild
    same level as wolves
    did get below 50% health, he got down to 22/185
    had priest health buff

so y6eah perfectly normal.
    Okay, I was not the one that complained in the first place. I just provided the footage that someone asked for. Yeez stop draging me in to this shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Okay, I was not the one that complained in the first place. I just provided the footage that someone asked for. Yeez stop draging me in to this shit show.
    nor did i, just put it there in hopes i could find the person to quote so they could see it as well but i couldnt find them.
    nvm i found them in 2 seconds, i am some kind of stupid, like most of the time. nor did i ever say something like "see you were wrong" just pointing out in the response why the video was fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I even saw Asmongold chain pull like 4 or 5 wolves in Elwynn Forest and they didn't take him below 50%. You couldn't even do that in TBC which is when i started playing. I remember pulling 2 mobs would almost kill you, pulling 3 was gg.
    https://youtu.be/zD04o8fH0Cg?t=3854

pulled 5 in a row not 5 at once
    running shield
    same level as wolves
    did get below 50% health, he got down to 22/185
    had priest health buff

so yeah perfectly normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Honestly, these comments are inevitable.

I was watching some streams just now and I gotta say - I think this might flop. Now hold on before you jump on my throat.

I am anxious to try classic - really I am. I was there back in 2004. But watching these streams... watching a druid cast Wrath and use 1/3 of their Mana. Watching casters literally have to swing staves in auto attack.

I realize some of that goes away with level - not not for a loooonnggg time in classic. I guess that's what people want - but watching it again in stream... yea I Am not as excited as I was. *shrug*
    If it flops, I very much doubt it'll be because of that. Often, and not just in gaming, you become a hell of a lot more attached to things that caused you effort and pain to achieve.

That's one of the many reasons I don't really feel very attached to my characters on live servers, because there's no blood sweat and tears required to get them levelled and geared anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I dont want sound harsh but rose tinted glasses argument was made as counter argument if game will be fun. Not as if numbers what people rember are correct. So quit using it. Despites what all others says classic is ton of fun and rose tinted glasses argument got shattered.
    I... have a feeling you're playing the overly defensive card and didn't read my comment correctly. For, as I stated, I have a feeling some of the comments are skewered as their experience back then might, and will, most likely be translated different now. So, once people claim something seeming off yet others claim it doesn't seem off, one can start pondering.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

People didn't have families or full time job back then, now everyone is grown up so it's unlikely to get 40 man.

multi glad
    2x R1 glad

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Hurray!!! Grats!!!! Whooohooo!!!
    Not bragging, just pointing out that it's not only streamers that get alpha and early closed beta acess like many here claim.

Just wait until they notice that the time requirement is too high for Classic compared to what they have available now.

People didn't have families or full time job back then, now everyone is grown up so it's unlikely to get 40 man.
    Families and jobs were invented after 2005? That's an odd take. I raided in classic and had both.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Honestly, these comments are inevitable.

I was watching some streams just now and I gotta say - I think this might flop. Now hold on before you jump on my throat.

I am anxious to try classic - really I am. I was there back in 2004. But watching these streams... watching a druid cast Wrath and use 1/3 of their Mana. Watching casters literally have to swing staves in auto attack.

I realize some of that goes away with level - not not for a loooonnggg time in classic. I guess that's what people want - but watching it again in stream... yea I Am not as excited as I was. *shrug*
    Yea I thought about playing classic. What should I play - maybe hunter? Stocking arrows upon arrows upon arrows, feeding your pet, taming pets to learn new friggin skills for your pet, having that one pet skin, because it has faster attack speed. Jesus, what a shitty mmorpg. Or warlock - farm shards, talent into corruption to remove casting time, but now that little haste "scaling" is gone, because dots don't scale with haste. Also don't scale with crit. Like... why dots didn't tick faster with haste? Why was it so ground breaking to make them tick faster with haste, looking at other mmorpgs too. Dark ages.

Vanilla was crap, and so was tbc.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    No, it doesn't and it shouldn't. Rule of thumb: Don't assert subjective opinions as facts. Folks like different things, it's a fact. People've been ripping on retail ever since BC. Shit got trite and banal AGES AGO. You should focus your energy on being glad that you're getting to experience World of Warcraft as it was in the beginning.
    Opinions on subjective topics are facts to the individual.

Spinach sucks. While I know other people like it... I hate it. A globally factual statement is "I don't like spinach." A personal fact is that I think Spinach sucks. And if I think it, then it does in fact, suck... to ME!

I did not play Vanilla. But i did play TBC. I have also played a lot of PServers with fairly close approximation of Vanilla.

Classic offers the type of gameplay mechanics I prefer. And having played most of WoW since, I can tell you that they have slowly "evolved" away from those things.

Just watching streamers play Classic Beta, I have watched hours of them just low leveling. I like how if you pull 2 mobs, you have to use more abilities or die. I like how you have to be careful of pats catching you while in combat and handing you a ticket to the graveyard.

I like how you have to think about your mana, because if you're low and pull ONE mob you will die. I like how you will use wands sometimes in order to allow your mana to regen.

My focus IS on being grateful we have Classic at all... And since this thread is abotu people complaining it's not "Classic" and I was simply stating that Blizzard can go to a reference server and change those things that are egregious.

You're the one that tried to tell me I have no right to an opinion because I didn't play Vanilla. And I have a right to an opinion regardless of whether you give it weight.