Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Honestly, these comments are inevitable.

    I was watching some streams just now and I gotta say - I think this might flop. Now hold on before you jump on my throat.

    I am anxious to try classic - really I am. I was there back in 2004. But watching these streams... watching a druid cast Wrath and use 1/3 of their Mana. Watching casters literally have to swing staves in auto attack.

    I realize some of that goes away with level - not not for a loooonnggg time in classic. I guess that's what people want - but watching it again in stream... yea I Am not as excited as I was. *shrug*
    Yea I thought about playing classic. What should I play - maybe hunter? Stocking arrows upon arrows upon arrows, feeding your pet, taming pets to learn new friggin skills for your pet, having that one pet skin, because it has faster attack speed. Jesus, what a shitty mmorpg. Or warlock - farm shards, talent into corruption to remove casting time, but now that little haste "scaling" is gone, because dots don't scale with haste. Also don't scale with crit. Like... why dots didn't tick faster with haste? Why was it so ground breaking to make them tick faster with haste, looking at other mmorpgs too. Dark ages.

    Vanilla was crap, and so was tbc.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

    yall im smh @ ur simplified english

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    No, it doesn't and it shouldn't. Rule of thumb: Don't assert subjective opinions as facts. Folks like different things, it's a fact. People've been ripping on retail ever since BC. Shit got trite and banal AGES AGO. You should focus your energy on being glad that you're getting to experience World of Warcraft as it was in the beginning.
    Opinions on subjective topics are facts to the individual.

    Spinach sucks. While I know other people like it... I hate it. A globally factual statement is "I don't like spinach." A personal fact is that I think Spinach sucks. And if I think it, then it does in fact, suck... to ME!

    I did not play Vanilla. But i did play TBC. I have also played a lot of PServers with fairly close approximation of Vanilla.

    Classic offers the type of gameplay mechanics I prefer. And having played most of WoW since, I can tell you that they have slowly "evolved" away from those things.

    Just watching streamers play Classic Beta, I have watched hours of them just low leveling. I like how if you pull 2 mobs, you have to use more abilities or die. I like how you have to be careful of pats catching you while in combat and handing you a ticket to the graveyard.

    I like how you have to think about your mana, because if you're low and pull ONE mob you will die. I like how you will use wands sometimes in order to allow your mana to regen.

    My focus IS on being grateful we have Classic at all... And since this thread is abotu people complaining it's not "Classic" and I was simply stating that Blizzard can go to a reference server and change those things that are egregious.

    You're the one that tried to tell me I have no right to an opinion because I didn't play Vanilla. And I have a right to an opinion regardless of whether you give it weight.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea I thought about playing classic. What should I play - maybe hunter? Stocking arrows upon arrows upon arrows, feeding your pet, taming pets to learn new friggin skills for your pet, having that one pet skin, because it has faster attack speed. Jesus, what a shitty mmorpg. Or warlock - farm shards, talent into corruption to remove casting time, but now that little haste "scaling" is gone, because dots don't scale with haste. Also don't scale with crit. Like... why dots didn't tick faster with haste? Why was it so ground breaking to make them tick faster with haste, looking at other mmorpgs too. Dark ages.

    Vanilla was crap, and so was tbc.
    I think you kinda miss the point, it's meant to be an RPG where character maintenance and upkeep is part of the game. Modern WoW has streamlined everything and iterated on the combat to create a more polished and developed experience but they ironed out all the creases and really turned it more into an action game, with less of the RPG elements. The old game was also slower, more obstacles in a players path, more friction and the modern game has pretty much none of that at all, again a very different experience.

    Vanilla and TBC were and are awesome games, they might as well be different games to modern WoW though, it's silly to even compare them as if they are the same game. I also see it a bit like old music vs modern music, new music has ironed out all the rough edges, it's recorded to a click track and quantized so it's absolutely perfectly in time, it's compressed to the balls so it's loud and sounds decent on any system, but people still often prefer older recordings, the rough edges are part of the charm.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  4. #364
    Legendary! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    6,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Ele Shaman at level 6. I know it'll be different after level 10/15 but I think it is kinda high. Even Cdew is pointing that out.
    ....Are people really complaining about the balance of regen at lvl 6? O.o
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I played a warrior on live vanilla and shamans speed a lot of time meleeing while leveling.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhJ78qfgrK4&t=1076s
    Thanks for the private sever link. If youre really that desperate to please random internet people why dont you post a selfie. We wont lol. promise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    Whoa there, someone needs to calm down. My post was obviously on the joke side and is poking fun at the person from the OP post who claimed aggro was off. No need to get your undies in a twist lad.
    No it wasn't. Being proven wrong is no excuse for your post. If you are wrong just accept it. Don't come up with some bullshit excuse about sarcasm, especially when it is in undetectable text format. Or maybe just broadcast you are a of the tidepool eating generation. Whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  6. #366
    Took a peak on some twitch streams, didn't see anything off place except for some bugs that are bound to be corrected, and the game looks super fluid. What are ppl really complaining about again?

  7. #367
    If Blizzard released the original Vanilla and said it was "Classic"... there would still be people saying it's not how it used to be.

    People complain just to complain.

  8. #368
    Warchief Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    2,081
    I have opinions
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Thanks for the private sever link. If youre really that desperate to please random internet people why dont you post a selfie. We wont lol. promise.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No it wasn't. Being proven wrong is no excuse for your post. If you are wrong just accept it. Don't come up with some bullshit excuse about sarcasm, especially when it is in undetectable text format. Or maybe just broadcast you are a of the tidepool eating generation. Whatever.
    Ok... Everything in that video is possible on the beta of classic but you gatekeep despite getting btfo.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  10. #370
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Rather sad that bit by bit restoring a 14 year old game and updating it for modern netcode and PCs runs near flawlessly on Day 1 of Beta while Live can't even put out a functional Day 1 PTR.
    Because tracing something is always much harder than drawing it from scratch right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Whatever you do...dont pick a gun as hunter.
    You will get insane after the 1000 th shot fire sound @_@
    I play with my game sound muted 95% of the time so it does not really bother me all that much.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

    Aggro ranges.
    Really.

    What Classic did people play?

    You know it's beta? not actual actual live classic wow right? Beta is the keyword. I do expect ppl saying alot things that need to be adjust.

  13. #373
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The frozen north... of England.
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I play with my game sound muted 95% of the time so it does not really bother me all that much.
    I play with only dialogue sounds active; I really don't need to hear HUR! HUR! HUR! from my Warrior constantly.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  14. #374
    High Overlord Geeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

    And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    Agreed. These people are straight trolling because no one can remember what it was like that long ago.

  15. #375
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Don't tell me that you actually fucking believe that Blizzard is only releasing Classic to prove a point to some people on the forums?!?!
    Just? No. They want what corporate leadership always wants, a short term infusion of cash for a few quarters so they can move on to a better contract. Rinse and repeat. Classic doesn't need to last, it just needs to make money for a few months. Just take a look at Brack's career, its exactly what he always does. "I told you so" is just a nice bonus for his little ego.

  16. #376
    i understand there will be claims of immense knowledge and efficiency, flip browsed thru various streams seeing players at 20+ in less than 2 hours.....that is not right. XP rewards are carebear, get johnny to max level fast...just like retail WOW. yes not the same as retail, but not like it was in van wow or even early BC

    in BC when i rolled more alts, van wow was still intact and pretty much the same, we knew the rope a dope along with having more features. thottbot, wowhead, etc, was up loaded up with everything you needed. 20+ took near a whole night+ and if you were in a group you faced XP reduction doing quest mob kills in zones
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-05-17 at 11:21 PM.

  17. #377
    I have watched alot of streams, and i also think regen/dmg and yes even some mobs aggro range seems wierd.

    But especially regen, your bars did hardly move without eating/drinking, some players just regenerate it upp in less than 1m ish.
    Regenerate did not become efficient untill endgame when people got mp5 gear and lots of spirit.

    but yeah, was 15 years ago.

  18. #378
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    17,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Opinions on subjective topics are facts to the individual.
    Facts are not subjective. It's in the definition for christs sake......



    fact

    noun \ ˈfakt


    \

    Definition of fact

    1a : something that has actual existence space exploration is now a fact
    b : an actual occurrence prove the fact of damage

    2 :a piece of information presented as having objective reality These are the hard facts of the case.




    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

  19. #379
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,361
    Of course it's not classic. Nothing will ever be able to replicate a game you played 15 years ago.

    I mean...



    They already have weakauras in the beta. That alone will make the gameplay experience significantly different. Along with details, DBM, and being able to run logs.

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Opinions on subjective topics are facts to the individual.
    For an intellectually challenged individual yes, for a normal person no. Most people are able to understand the difference between their subjective preferences and objective facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Spinach sucks. While I know other people like it... I hate it. A globally factual statement is "I don't like spinach." A personal fact is that I think Spinach sucks. And if I think it, then it does in fact, suck... to ME!
    What is a fact is that you comparing two completely different things. According to your "logic" any untrue statement X can be made true by saying "I think X, therefore it is true." But of course that is asinine and the only true fact is that you think or say certain things, which has no effect on the thing itself. But that's not really the point here anyway. The point is that you just like to say shit to stir up arguments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •