Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Ele Shaman at level 6. I know it'll be different after level 10/15 but I think it is kinda high. Even Cdew is pointing that out.
    Mana regen was always fairly high pre-10 and especially from ~1-5. It falls off quickly post-10, that's why some mana classes get mana regen talents.

Honestly it's nothing but people remembering shit wrong at this point.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by ark0ne View Post
    For real. How dare people point out things that possibly need to be tweaked and fixed in a beta. These people ARE warped.

Pointing these things out isn't elitism. People actually care and want Classic to succeed.
    Things like stats and ranges will likely not be tweaked, as they will have been taken from the database that existed at patch 1.12.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2019-05-15 at 11:17 PM.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Have any streamers made it to Westfall, the real low level ground zero for deaths?
    The gnoll cave still haunts my warlock's nightmares.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

This whole thread is all about mana regen?
    Got anything else, or is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.
    All of this plus the rosy glow of nostalgia which always makes you remember things in a better light than they might have been. It will be fine though.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    This whole thread is all about mana regen?
    Got anything else, or is that it?
    I even saw one guy say he thinks the player character movement speed is too fast.

And as people have stated here regarding mana regen, it was always high pre level 10... people have awful memories of vanilla and it shows. And no, “beta” doesn’t mean anything. They are using the ACTUAL 1.12 data to build the game. Numbers aren’t changing because they’re ACCURATE.

It doesn't matter the reality of what Vanilla was like if the majority of players find it unpleasing to play. People wanted less damage and threatening mobs.

Are you really surprised? People weren't gonna be happy no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It doesn't matter the reality of what Vanilla was like if the majority of players find it unpleasing to play. People wanted less damage and threatening mobs.
    In that case, why do Blizzard even bother? Aren’t people wanting a version of classic that simply never existed then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In that case, why do Blizzard even bother? Aren’t people wanting a version of classic that simply never existed then?
    Yes. They wanted a private server.

Just like the sun rises everyday, people will complain about WOW. Doesn't matter whether it's the regen, the mobs, the gameplay or the speed of the player character, people will find something to complain about because they feel entitled to do so.
    "Come what come may, Time and the hour runs through the roughest day." — William Shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Are you really surprised? People weren't gonna be happy no matter what.
    This pretty much.

It's a wonder people still bother to cry about everything.

I mean, we can't expect EVERYTHING to be Vanilla. It's been what? 14, almost 15 years since WoW launched? people need to get of their High horse. It's beta for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Just from looking at the streams, it honestly looks more like retail than vanilla. The regen is WAY too high, mobs dont do enough damage. You can chain pull and pull 3-4 mobs and face tank with no problems.
    You could do that in Vanilla though. Much of the difficulty of vanilla leveling is overhyped, and low level regen was always pretty high.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

Did some practice speed runs on a private server as a paladin awhile back and I was easily able to face tank several mobs as a low level.

I remember it so well that on my druid, between 1 to 15 was faster. After that you would need to sit and drink. and god sake people, regen should be the least of your worries. You got to play vanilla. what else do you ask for? it is as best as it can get. wish I could get into as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ark0ne View Post
    For real. How dare people point out things that possibly need to be tweaked and fixed in a beta. These people ARE warped.

Pointing these things out isn't elitism. People actually care and want Classic to succeed.
    This is how you constructively point something out that you believe is wrong:
    - Hey, this is possibly tuned wrong, can you check this?

This is how you whine, bitch and moan:
    - OMG BLIZZ FFS THIS IS WRONG, CLASSIC IS GOING TO FAIL. CAN YOU NOT DO A SINGLE THING RIGHT??!?!?!

No, they are not trying to get things fixed.

Scarab Lord
    A lot of this is the mandela effect, and frankly, a lot of classic enthusiasts remember things absolutely incorrectly. Even some of the most famous personalities about classic forget some really basic shit, to the point that I have to even ask, "Did they really play this, outside of private servers?"

News flash, Vanilla was 13 years ago, and trying to draw parallels between Vanilla and private servers is completely retarded.

How I remember leveling in Vanilla? Nothing was 'hard' until you hit the 10-20 zones or higher. Contrary to popular belief, most of the mobs didn't hit that hard in the starter zones and you could absolutely pull multiple mobs at once without fear of dying. Health and mana regeneration was actually fairly high in the starting levels, and guess what, everybody is in those 1-10 levels.

Is it possible things are off? Absolutely. As I remember it however, you barely had to eat or drink until you hit the second zone.

There are always some who complain for the sake of complaining. Learn to ignore the vocal minority, sometimes it is a good thing.

Once its all fixed, ppl gonna complain "hell no im not paying for a 15 year old game, i demand to to be free"
    Who am i kidding, saw those idiots right after classic was announced.