View Poll Results: What if cross-realm BGs were disabled once a month?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Idea

2 10.53%
  • Maybe

6 31.58%
  • Bad Idea

11 57.89%

What if cross-realm BGs were disabled one weekend a month?

It’s clear we’re getting cross-realm battlegrounds for a variety of reasons, since it helps queues for lower level brackets, off-peak hours, dead servers, faction imbalance, etc.

But what if they were disabled once in a while for that 1.1 to 1.11 experience?
    Last edited by garicasha; 2019-05-25 at 06:34 PM.
    Reminders of what vanilla was like: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nilla-was-like

So basically no battleground weekend, since you just gonna be stuck in queue forever.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Are we going to have 1.1 - 1.11 realm faction balance? No? Didn't think so.

Are we playing on a 1.1 - 1.11 client? No.

Honestly, bad idea.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

I do remember how battlegrounds were before cross-realm. They were pretty much dead.

Cross-realm for battlegrounds is needed, otherwise there won't be enough players to play with.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.

there was a reason blizzard put cross realm BGs in the first place, because the majority of servers werent perfectly balanced when it comes to factions, so queues were fucked up

The side that loses will just quit that week that it is server only queues.

Changes nothing except the q times for AV, which is going to be best honor.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | Tt eSPORTS POSSEIDON | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

I'm thinking, (it's wishful thinking I know) that maybe, hopefully, the server and faction populations will be high and even enough to not warrant needing CRBG's. Is it really so bad if you have a 10-15 minute BG queue? Go farm some consumable mats or work on profs, play the AH etc, there's plenty to keep yourself occupied during BG queues.

Unfortunately CRBG's are an essential evil. A lot of the people (especially PvPers) coming to Classic wouldn't have the patience for BG queues and would complain endlessly on official forums until Blizz changed it. That and there is a very high chance the majority of servers will be uneven in faction balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I'm thinking, (it's wishful thinking I know) that maybe, hopefully, the server and faction populations will be high and even enough to not warrant needing CRBG's. Is it really so bad if you have a 10-15 minute BG queue? Go farm some consumable mats or work on profs, play the AH etc, there's plenty to keep yourself occupied during BG queues.
    Problem is you assume there is some kind of faction balance, which won't happen. Some servers will be dominated by horde, some by alliance. Without cross-realm it won't be possible to do battlegrounds at all on some realms.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.