Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

The "This isn't Classic" comments have already begun...

In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

What Classic did people play?

Honk honk. Just laugh, because the only other option is tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

Honestly, these comments are inevitable.

I was watching some streams just now and I gotta say - I think this might flop. Now hold on before you jump on my throat.

I am anxious to try classic - really I am. I was there back in 2004. But watching these streams... watching a druid cast Wrath and use 1/3 of their Mana. Watching casters literally have to swing staves in auto attack.

I realize some of that goes away with level - not not for a loooonnggg time in classic. I guess that's what people want - but watching it again in stream... yea I Am not as excited as I was. *shrug*
    Voxnor the Fearless (Main - Protection Paladin)
    Voxic the Proven Assailant (Alt - Assassination Rogue)

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.

Looks like the trolling has started here too. "Look guys, they will never be happy because I saw in twitch chat and forums... best places to get info.. on planet.."

For real. How dare people point out things that possibly need to be tweaked and fixed in a beta. These people ARE warped.

Pointing these things out isn't elitism. People actually care and want Classic to succeed.

...One guy has said mana/health regen is too high...
    I'm watching Cdew stream and between mobs his mana goes from 0% to 50%... Can't remember that hapenning back in the day (but hey, it was 14 years ago!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    Check Cdew stream. He goes from 0% to 100% mana in 15 seconds not drinking Let's wait for level 10 to check it out. I remember back in Vanilla, in instances it was a pain in the ass to get mana without drinking. But tons of things have to be tweaked.
    | Realm First Monk | Battle of Azeroth Alpha Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    I'm watching Cdew stream and between mobs his mana goes from 0% to 50%... Can't remember that hapenning back in the day (but hey, it was 14 years ago!)

- - - Updated - - -

Check Cdew stream. He goes from 0% to 100% mana in 15 seconds not drinking
    At what level though, because that's the major factor. Also what class.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

do we need the necessary "Beta is Beta" comment here?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    At what level though, because that's the major factor. Also what class.
    Ele Shaman at level 6. I know it'll be different after level 10/15 but I think it is kinda high. Even Cdew is pointing that out.
    | Realm First Monk | Battle of Azeroth Alpha Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Just from looking at the streams, it honestly looks more like retail than vanilla. The regen is WAY too high, mobs dont do enough damage. You can chain pull and pull 3-4 mobs and face tank with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Check Cdew stream. He goes from 0% to 100% mana in 15 seconds not drinking Let's wait for level 10 to check it out. I remember back in Vanilla, in instances it was a pain in the ass to get mana without drinking. But tons of things have to be tweaked.
    low level regen was always high, regen does not scale well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Health and mana regen was abysmally slow, at least in the early days. I'm not sure if it got upped a bit when the talent passes began or if it was another patch, but for a good while it was basically kill 2 or 3 mobs, eat and drink and repeat. Not sure what the mob damage looks like, but I remember +2 being the limit on what you could solo, +3 with cooldowns or a bit of luck.

Early on the dmg & regen rate was extremely unstable. Im honestly suprised that people don't remember this stuff...
    Casters used to go oom super fast from 1-10 because the stat gain vs the mana requirement on spells was unbalanced and they also used to regen it super fast for the same reason. Hell, you used to be able to glitch heal in Fatigue areas at low level.

It starts to stabilize after level 15 or so.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I have beta and i had a little gripe about the regen myself, but i've opened up a private server as well as Beta, they're about the same if not barely faster on the private server. Created new characters, both shamans, no notable difference. Yes i know private servers are different.

No they just have this stupid idea that peivate servers had it right. We have had over 12 years of hudres of private servers feeding us with wrong data. Everythig you see is exactly how it was back in vannila.

Have any streamers made it to Westfall, the real low level ground zero for deaths?
    Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    I have beta and i had a little gripe about the regen myself, but i've opened up a private server as well as Beta, they're about the same if not barely faster on the private server. Created new characters, both shamans, no notable difference. Yes i know private servers are different.
    Really stupid idea compares it to private realms. Private realms never had Blizzars number they all just guesed how it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Really stupid idea compares it to private realms. Private realms never had Blizzars number they all just guesed how it could be.
    Like i said i know it's private, but people griping about the regen, have no real idea what they're talking about.

I don't know the exact numbers on stuff, so I can't say Classic is perfect, but I'd guess that in most cases it's people's memories (or experiences on private servers) that are off, not the game. Blizzard has seemed pretty dedicated to recreating the experience, they have no reason to intentionally tweak it.