Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I played a warrior on live vanilla and shamans speed a lot of time meleeing while leveling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhJ78qfgrK4&t=1076s
    Thanks for the private sever link. If youre really that desperate to please random internet people why dont you post a selfie. We wont lol. promise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    Whoa there, someone needs to calm down. My post was obviously on the joke side and is poking fun at the person from the OP post who claimed aggro was off. No need to get your undies in a twist lad.
    No it wasn't. Being proven wrong is no excuse for your post. If you are wrong just accept it. Don't come up with some bullshit excuse about sarcasm, especially when it is in undetectable text format. Or maybe just broadcast you are a of the tidepool eating generation. Whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Took a peak on some twitch streams, didn't see anything off place except for some bugs that are bound to be corrected, and the game looks super fluid. What are ppl really complaining about again?

If Blizzard released the original Vanilla and said it was "Classic"... there would still be people saying it's not how it used to be.

People complain just to complain.

I have opinions
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Thanks for the private sever link. If youre really that desperate to please random internet people why dont you post a selfie. We wont lol. promise.

- - - Updated - - -

No it wasn't. Being proven wrong is no excuse for your post. If you are wrong just accept it. Don't come up with some bullshit excuse about sarcasm, especially when it is in undetectable text format. Or maybe just broadcast you are a of the tidepool eating generation. Whatever.
    Ok... Everything in that video is possible on the beta of classic but you gatekeep despite getting btfo.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Rather sad that bit by bit restoring a 14 year old game and updating it for modern netcode and PCs runs near flawlessly on Day 1 of Beta while Live can't even put out a functional Day 1 PTR.
    Because tracing something is always much harder than drawing it from scratch right?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Whatever you do...dont pick a gun as hunter.
    You will get insane after the 1000 th shot fire sound @_@
    I play with my game sound muted 95% of the time so it does not really bother me all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

What Classic did people play?

You know it's beta? not actual actual live classic wow right? Beta is the keyword. I do expect ppl saying alot things that need to be adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I play with my game sound muted 95% of the time so it does not really bother me all that much.
    I play with only dialogue sounds active; I really don't need to hear HUR! HUR! HUR! from my Warrior constantly.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    Agreed. These people are straight trolling because no one can remember what it was like that long ago.

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Don't tell me that you actually fucking believe that Blizzard is only releasing Classic to prove a point to some people on the forums?!?!
    Just? No. They want what corporate leadership always wants, a short term infusion of cash for a few quarters so they can move on to a better contract. Rinse and repeat. Classic doesn't need to last, it just needs to make money for a few months. Just take a look at Brack's career, its exactly what he always does. "I told you so" is just a nice bonus for his little ego.

i understand there will be claims of immense knowledge and efficiency, flip browsed thru various streams seeing players at 20+ in less than 2 hours.....that is not right. XP rewards are carebear, get johnny to max level fast...just like retail WOW. yes not the same as retail, but not like it was in van wow or even early BC

in BC when i rolled more alts, van wow was still intact and pretty much the same, we knew the rope a dope along with having more features. thottbot, wowhead, etc, was up loaded up with everything you needed. 20+ took near a whole night+ and if you were in a group you faced XP reduction doing quest mob kills in zones
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-05-17 at 11:21 PM.

I have watched alot of streams, and i also think regen/dmg and yes even some mobs aggro range seems wierd.

But especially regen, your bars did hardly move without eating/drinking, some players just regenerate it upp in less than 1m ish.
    Regenerate did not become efficient untill endgame when people got mp5 gear and lots of spirit.

but yeah, was 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Opinions on subjective topics are facts to the individual.
    Facts are not subjective. It's in the definition for christs sake......

fact

noun \ ˈfakt

\

Definition of fact

1a : something that has actual existence space exploration is now a fact
    b : an actual occurrence prove the fact of damage

2 :a piece of information presented as having objective reality These are the hard facts of the case.

I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

Of course it's not classic. Nothing will ever be able to replicate a game you played 15 years ago.

I mean...

They already have weakauras in the beta. That alone will make the gameplay experience significantly different. Along with details, DBM, and being able to run logs.

Opinions on subjective topics are facts to the individual.
    For an intellectually challenged individual yes, for a normal person no. Most people are able to understand the difference between their subjective preferences and objective facts.

Spinach sucks. While I know other people like it... I hate it. A globally factual statement is "I don't like spinach." A personal fact is that I think Spinach sucks. And if I think it, then it does in fact, suck... to ME!
    What is a fact is that you comparing two completely different things. According to your "logic" any untrue statement X can be made true by saying "I think X, therefore it is true." But of course that is asinine and the only true fact is that you think or say certain things, which has no effect on the thing itself. But that's not really the point here anyway. The point is that you just like to say shit to stir up arguments.

At the end of the day Blizzard has a working OG 1.12 client and is constantly comparing it with the recreation client. Only Blizzard knows the real numbers, not these idiots who think their 14 year old memory is better than Blizzard devs comparing the actual numbers.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

It's been quite funny to watch people slowly realize that even though you bring back a game exactly as it was from 15 years ago you still can't recreate period's of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea I thought about playing classic. What should I play - maybe hunter? Stocking arrows upon arrows upon arrows, feeding your pet, taming pets to learn new friggin skills for your pet, having that one pet skin, because it has faster attack speed. Jesus, what a shitty mmorpg. Or warlock - farm shards, talent into corruption to remove casting time, but now that little haste "scaling" is gone, because dots don't scale with haste. Also don't scale with crit. Like... why dots didn't tick faster with haste? Why was it so ground breaking to make them tick faster with haste, looking at other mmorpgs too. Dark ages.

Vanilla was crap, and so was tbc.
    What the what! BC raiding was the best raid content the game ever saw.

One of the reasons I think MMOs are dying is due to the farming necessary for end game content. It's a lot of prep work to actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    They think they can, but a lot of that's the nostalgia talking. No experience can replicate the feeling they're looking for, they'll never get the exact time and circumstance of those experiences back again no matter how accurate classic is.