Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea I thought about playing classic. What should I play - maybe hunter? Stocking arrows upon arrows upon arrows, feeding your pet, taming pets to learn new friggin skills for your pet, having that one pet skin, because it has faster attack speed. Jesus, what a shitty mmorpg. Or warlock - farm shards, talent into corruption to remove casting time, but now that little haste "scaling" is gone, because dots don't scale with haste. Also don't scale with crit. Like... why dots didn't tick faster with haste? Why was it so ground breaking to make them tick faster with haste, looking at other mmorpgs too. Dark ages.

Vanilla was crap, and so was tbc.
    What the what! BC raiding was the best raid content the game ever saw.

One of the reasons I think MMOs are dying is due to the farming necessary for end game content. It's a lot of prep work to actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    They think they can, but a lot of that's the nostalgia talking. No experience can replicate the feeling they're looking for, they'll never get the exact time and circumstance of those experiences back again no matter how accurate classic is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    They think they can, but a lot of that's the nostalgia talking. No experience can replicate the feeling they're looking for, they'll never get the exact time and circumstance of those experiences back again no matter how accurate classic is.
    To those that aren't in beta yet I would just say wait to see it yourself. I am not a huge Classic guy in the sense that I feel like I've already been there and done that and I don't know how much I'll quit BfA to grind Classic. However, there is a connection to the old game that is stronger than I was expecting. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    To those that aren't in beta yet I would just say wait to see it yourself. I am not a huge Classic guy in the sense that I feel like I've already been there and done that and I don't know how much I'll quit BfA to grind Classic. However, there is a connection to the old game that is stronger than I was expecting. We'll see.
    Holy shit, Trend, are being converted to the CLassic WoW Church?
    What happened?
    Was it the community aspect? It must have been...its always the community aspect

Maybe, just maybe were the relevant item upgrades. I dont know

....Okay?

Retards can cry "WAHH THIS IS NOT VANILLA" all they want, Blizzard literally has a 1.12 client/database that they can reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Opinions on subjective topics are facts to the individual.
    This quote made me so angry I could've punched through granite. This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read in the last decade.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    At the end of the day Blizzard has a working OG 1.12 client and is constantly comparing it with the recreation client. Only Blizzard knows the real numbers, not these idiots who think their 14 year old memory is better than Blizzard devs comparing the actual numbers.
    Pretty much exactly this.

The people complaining and saying stuff is wrong are going off either ancient memories, dodgy private servers (almost all of which tweaked or simply got wrong tons of stuff), different versions of Vanilla - I bet a lot of these people didn't actually play 1.12.1, or mostly played earlier in Vanilla's life, and remember that but don't remember how it charged - or even misremembering shit from TBC or Wrath as "how it was". That latter is a huge issue and illustrates the problem well - when you ask people "how things were" in Vanilla an awful lot of them come out with stuff from later expansions - even those who were there. Most people will go "Huh, I was probably wrong", but others, with ego issues and no ability to realize they could be wrong, will insist Blizzard has fucked up.

They wish they could be 15 years younger and 150 lbs lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Honestly, these comments are inevitable.

I was watching some streams just now and I gotta say - I think this might flop. Now hold on before you jump on my throat.

I am anxious to try classic - really I am. I was there back in 2004. But watching these streams... watching a druid cast Wrath and use 1/3 of their Mana. Watching casters literally have to swing staves in auto attack.

I realize some of that goes away with level - not not for a loooonnggg time in classic. I guess that's what people want - but watching it again in stream... yea I Am not as excited as I was. *shrug*
    It goes away with levels pretty fast actually. When you get to 40 it gets so much more fun for most classes.

Honestly classic can’t flop. It was never expected to be a huge booming success to outperform retail. Only trolls would claim that. It will have a smaller but very much dedicated fan base. That’s a win for Blizzard. And it’s a worthwhile experiment. If by some chance it succeeds massively then that’s great and if it doesn’t get as many players as they expected then they know not to do a TBC version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
    They wish they could be 15 years younger and 150 lbs lighter.
    Ah because they’re all fat and old. When does your main forum account get unbanned?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

What Classic did people play?
    Private servers with tweaked aggro ranges, mana/health regen, and player damage I'd reckon.

I appreciate that they're leaving in some of the non-harmful bugs. I doubt that'll include kiting world bosses to Orgrimmar, but you never know. I for one hope so.

Im actually quite amazed that no one have reported to remove the raid frames that Blizzard added on Classic, since blizzard default raid frames were added in cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Im actually quite amazed that no one have reported to remove the raid frames that Blizzard added on Classic, since blizzard default raid frames were added in cataclysm.
    Why tho? Everyone used an addon in vanilla for raid frames, might as well just have something built in thats usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Holy shit, Trend, are being converted to the CLassic WoW Church?
    What happened?
    Was it the community aspect? It must have been...its always the community aspect

Maybe, just maybe were the relevant item upgrades. I dont know
    I'm actually definitely not a fan of the classic community. And I really didn't care for the community much during Vanilla either.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    How do you know?
    2018 Blizzcon - Restoring History: Creating WoW Classic-panel

Things aren't 100% on the beta yet. I tried corpse running from Dun Morogh to Ironforge and was sent back to the graveyard in Dun Morogh. Not sure if they're going to bother to fix it, though.

nobody did beacause people will use addons like Eluvui or zpearl anyway so they dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

What Classic did people play?
    The only thing you can do is pity them.

Today I went over to Westfall on my little dwarf hunter in beta Classic and ran around doing quests and it was enjoyable to GROUP with people for those. I ran around initially with another person I didn't know in a mine and then a bit later three of us, then four, then FIVE made a group to do the Defias questline. I can't remember the last time I grouped with anyone in WoW to run around doing quests and we chatted about random shit too, very enjoyable and fun evening. Also, the amount of people randomly giving out buffs is awesome, I had priest/mage/druid/pally buffs all at the same time at one point. I'm glad they capped the beta testing at 30 because I don't want to play too much so I can wait until Classic comes out but I am very much enjoying it.

The Lightbringer
    We complain over issues small and big missing the truth and path hiding right under our nose. It's a mark of success in itself and a testament to the freedom of choice.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.