Poll: Who got into beta?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not a streamer. Not an "influencer". Not friends/family with Blizzard staff. I'm nobody, really, and I got in. I can only think it was some combination of sheer luck plus the fact (maybe?) that I started playing on the first day of release - I pre-ordered the vanilla collectors edition - and have played pretty steadily since then - though I've had at least a couple of year-long breaks and certainly don't play as much now as I did back in the day.

I enjoy betas; I enjoy testing and giving feedback - so I'll do my best to respect and appreciate the fact that I got in and will try to be useful. Good luck to anyone hoping for an invite!

I wonder if they'll invite people who are not currently subscribed, I wouldn't subscribe just for a chance to play the beta, but would definitely subscribe if I got an invitation.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It was only a veeeeeeeery select few who got beta so this was expected. I'm an OG classic player and I didn't get in but my friend who started in Cata got in.

I wasnt too hyped for the beta itself though, only times when I get excited about a beta is right before a new MMO release. Classic isn't really new

10+ Year Old Account
    No beta for this guy, but it's no biggie honestly, what's there to test besides bug issues anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not gonna get concerned until I miss the 2nd wave. historically, that is when I have gotten almost all my beta invites... going back to Cataclysm. HotS technical alpha, and SCII closed beta were exceptions.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Also got beta. Just an old gamer from Jan 2005.

Yep, pretty much the same move they pulled for the Overwatch "beta". Every streamer and youtuber that's even remotely known, with a few random people thrown. All while they pretend the game needs to be tested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If that's the case your guess is as good as mine why I'm in. I'm not an influencer nor is my friend who got in and neither of us are friends or family. Also I didn't opt into shit yesterday.

And yet here I am, in beta.
    Good to see that they have their priorities straight /s

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't understand the want to get into this beta? You lose all your progress when it releases live right?

It's not like you all are going to see anything new after all lol
    For me its more to test my ui, set up keybinds, get a feel for the balance and questing routes to start etc.

Sure I could do this on unnamed servers but ive never played them and never will so personal preference there.

4th option: I'm not subbed.
    I voted 3rd option

Nah, just the same I am not overly enthusiastic about classic so even if I get it I don't even know if I will spend any meaningful time playing it, maybe to try and optimize leveling paths or something like that since I know I can level much faster this time around than I could in '05 when I started playing without the faintest of clues as to what I was supposed to do or supposed to go.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far this is actually pretty decent. Not going to be put too much time into it because it's a beta after all. Still don't like some of the choices Blizzard went with for this though.

Where's that guy that always stalks and harasses me and tells me that I'm a waste of a character slot in classic because I'm critical of some decisions that Blizzard makes? =]
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I didn't but I'm off active sub until the end of the month so obviously didn't get it.

My wife and I both got in. Both played since early beta days, active subscriptions since launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Streamer, only Streamers.
    I never streamed anything in my life and I got in.

Checked launcher, seen "Beta: WoW Classic" under PTR, installed. Had a rush of memories seeing chat with all the names of rares, named mobs, areas and was like "fuck yea". Got to level 8, remembered I fucking despise leveling, uninstalled.

I have had an active subscription since launch. I got an invite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Checked launcher, seen "Beta: WoW Classic" under PTR, installed. Had a rush of memories seeing chat with all the names of rares, named mobs, areas and was like "fuck yea". Got to level 8, remembered I fucking despise leveling, uninstalled.
    nice waste of an invite... glad you enjoyed it while you did atleast....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nice waste of an invite... glad you enjoyed it while you did atleast....
    My gold purchased sub actually runs out in 22 hours too. :P

There's two things I didn't think of about classic, and beta now. Just like closed beta (and then open beta, both of which I was in) way back when, it's still a pretty big blow to lose all that work, once. There would be very few things I would ever go out of my way to report on in general and like most gamers I look at beta's as early-access.

The second thing, even when classic actually launches, people (like myself) who despise leveling everytime a new expansion comes out, let alone an entire game that hold a special place in your memory... the fact you still despise leveling still plays out.

I'm not saying they should have XP nerfs, or not having to drink every 3 kills (play priest :P) not at all. I think what I seen and played for 8 levels was exactly what I remember. I did enjoy the ~2 hours I played though. It was the simple thought of leveling to 30 (again, despise) and then having it get wiped, and then leveling to 60 that just doesn't hold my interest.

Side-note: I will say, it certainly seemed like leveling was pretty damn quick, the ~2 hours I played flew by. Unsure if low levels were always that quick.
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-05-16 at 03:53 AM.