1. #1

    Ultimate Retribution 8.2?

    So given the fact they brought up the use of an essence that allows for an extra pvp talent in addition for that pvp talent to be usable in PvE what would people think when it comes to Ultimate Retribution. In progression many people will dip in HP enough for it to proc probably on par with what we see the Perfection essence procs. In addition Perfection no longer reduces the CD by 10 seconds. So the uptime is comparable imo. However the big juicy thing here would be the use of the rez. Given that Redemption is a hard cast res and doesnt count as a battle rez would this actually make Ret's into rez bots for progression raiding?

    The other thought/curiosity I have is what would other ranks of this essence give as perks as the other essences power up the farther along you go.

    Once/if this essence hits the PTR I feel it needs to be looked at closely especially if the res it provides is outside the binds of the battle rez rule.

  2. #2
    Oh, they're making an essence that allows a PvP talent to be used in PvE? Huh.

    I dunno how good Ultimate Retribution would be. Would be great if you have team mates who die a lot (or lose a lot of health) but other than that, eh, I think I'd just stick to Divine Punisher. More HoPo generation at a much more reliable way - especially if you have it set up for Avenging Wrath. Potentially Hammer of Reckoning since it should stack up really fast with the tank -always- taking damage.

  3. #3
    Oh i agree, i guess im more thinking for prog and you could use the rez component to bypaas battlerez. The wings thankfully isnt a death proc.

  4. #4
    If they did do this, they would find a way to make sure the rez counts as a brez.

    Chances are though they'd really realize how hard it would be for them to balance that in general and just skip making the essence a thing.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If they did do this, they would find a way to make sure the rez counts as a brez.

    Chances are though they'd really realize how hard it would be for them to balance that in general and just skip making the essence a thing.
    I honestly hope they realize early on that this is going to cause some bad balancing issues. Because, ya know... Greater Pyroblast for mages.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I honestly hope they realize early on that this is going to cause some bad balancing issues. Because, ya know... Greater Pyroblast for mages.
    Oh for sure. This is literal pandoras box.

    Firemage 8.2: spam greater pyro and instants.

    That being said a ret rez bot will be a thing if this goes through. Im already able to spam rez in rbgs already with the talent.

  7. #7
    nope; its apparently a predetermined pvp talent and RET gets....drumroll plz; unbound freedom (blessing of freedom gives us 30% movement speed)

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post
    nope; its apparently a predetermined pvp talent and RET gets....drumroll plz; unbound freedom (blessing of freedom gives us 30% movement speed)
    the most worthless of all talents considering we have a goddamn pony for 100% movement speed and Freedom is almost never used in PvE.

    Not even mad or surprised at this point, just disappointed...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol
    .

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    the most worthless of all talents considering we have a goddamn pony for 100% movement speed and Freedom is almost never used in PvE.

    Not even mad or surprised at this point, just disappointed...
    Any situation that Freedom is actually used is going to screw up the idea of using it for a bit of extra speed.

    The only situation I can think of this being "good" overall is probably the crab pull before the first boss of TD on necrotic. Throw freedom on the tank when they're rooted and they'll get away faster, but even then most tanks already have a way to get away fast.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Leodric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post
    nope; its apparently a predetermined pvp talent and RET gets....drumroll plz; unbound freedom (blessing of freedom gives us 30% movement speed)
    seriously now? I didn't even expect anything from Blizzard nowdays when it comes to class design and especially ret, but still get the feeling of disappointment.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post
    nope; its apparently a predetermined pvp talent and RET gets....drumroll plz; unbound freedom (blessing of freedom gives us 30% movement speed)
    Source? /10char

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Source? /10char
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Talent-Essence

    Though they already changed some, so there's still a chance...


  13. #13
    I mean ultimately all it means is that Ret will just NOT pick this essence except maybe in PvP. Which is the intent; this essence is supposed to be picked in PvP so you can get a fourth pvp talent out of it.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  14. #14
    Light.. If we got to pick the talent we got from the PvP lineup to use in PVE, I can EASILY say we would be taking Divine Punisher.

    Judging the same target twice in a row generates 3 holy power.. ..the extra amount of output be it single or cleave would be insane.

    Team this with Crusade for bosses for getting off all those extra Templar’s Verdicts, or in cleave all those additional Divine Storms teamed with Divine Purpose already feeding this extra spike of multi-target output by only giving you just that many more consistent finishers to milk Divine Purpose for procs..

    It would just be nuts..

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    So given the fact they brought up the use of an essence that allows for an extra pvp talent in addition for that pvp talent to be usable in PvE what would people think when it comes to Ultimate Retribution. In progression many people will dip in HP enough for it to proc probably on par with what we see the Perfection essence procs. In addition Perfection no longer reduces the CD by 10 seconds. So the uptime is comparable imo. However the big juicy thing here would be the use of the rez. Given that Redemption is a hard cast res and doesnt count as a battle rez would this actually make Ret's into rez bots for progression raiding?

    The other thought/curiosity I have is what would other ranks of this essence give as perks as the other essences power up the farther along you go.

    Once/if this essence hits the PTR I feel it needs to be looked at closely especially if the res it provides is outside the binds of the battle rez rule.
    Funny thing is that essence can proc even when you have wings up. I've kept wings up for 30 seconds. I'm specd decree too.

    They've essentially broken cds with these new essensces. One they haven't figured out yet is druids and their ability to stack 3k+ intellect within 15 seconds and having CDs to burn people out within a 10 second window. You'll start seeing boomies in pvp do weird damage because guess what, blizz didn't tune this shit.

    So I will be out here on my Druid hitting 10 million damage in a random here soon just by dotting people and hitting a few starsurges.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •