View Poll Results: Horse and/or Carriage vs Electric Car (Leaf,Prius)?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horse or Horse and Carriage

4 9.30%
  • Prius or Leaf (scooter qualifies)

32 74.42%
  • Bicycle

6 13.95%
  • I like to walk.

1 2.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Despite ridicule about Prius and cars of similar ilk...

They save a lot of money. My wife almost bought one but got a better deal on another car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Several times. Why does it matter if I find carriage rides romantic? Are you going to say I shouldn't like puppies because they shit and piss?
    I'm not saying you can't like puppies or carriage rides, I was just curious about your experience with horses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

If I absolutely HAD to pick one and stick with it, then obviously the car. Otherwise I would get the car and use the bicicle for local travel. Who outside of horse-women and little girls would get a fucking horse in the 21th century?

Edit: Unless this is some mythical steed that jumps through time and space or at least leaves a flaming trail ghostrider style, then I'd pick the "horse" (if you can still call it that) :P.

Prius. I like the one I'm driving now. Pretty comfortable, enough space for me, and of course there's the gas mileage (which is pretty much the main selling point for a Prius).

Only thing that sucks about it is that it seems Toyota pretty much owns you when it comes to any repairs. Mine's higher mileage/out of warranty. I can take it to a local shop for standard maintenance like oil changes and tires and stuff, but anything more complicated than that is some specialized Prius system that apparently nobody (aside from a dealer, where it'll cost me fuck tons of money) wants to touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Prius. I like the one I'm driving now. Pretty comfortable, enough space for me, and of course there's the gas mileage (which is pretty much the main selling point for a Prius).

Only thing that sucks about it is that it seems Toyota pretty much owns you when it comes to any repairs. Mine's higher mileage/out of warranty. I can take it to a local shop for standard maintenance like oil changes and tires and stuff, but anything more complicated than that is some specialized Prius system that apparently nobody (aside from a dealer, where it'll cost me fuck tons of money) wants to touch.
    Good thing with them being Toyota, is they don’t have many complicated maintenance issues. My parents both have one, as well as my younger sister, and none of them have ever had any problems outside of your routine maintenance concerns. They’re really good cars.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

I bike most places nowadays, so I'll continue with that..

If I had to choose one of the options in the title I'd go with an electric car though.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Quick google search shows that they can haul 1600lbs, so if anything, you can just make two trips.
    Yeah, that's probably true. But you'd still have to fashion a hitch to the Prius and hope your rear axle can handle that much sprung weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I bike most places nowadays, so I'll continue with that..

If I had to choose one of the options in the title I'd go with an electric car though.
    Really depends on how far I got to go

Bicycle definitely. I already took bicycle to my work, it took me 35 minutes to get there. 10 minutes faster than bus, 20 minutes slower than car.

I'd walk everything that takes me 20-25 minutes.

The closest I may go for work is about 5 miles away, with most of my work locations being dozens of miles away. The car is the only option realistically.

Prius or leaf.

..and look into replacing the engine and drive train.

My workplace just 2.3miles away from my home, so bicycle is a really good transportation.

Maybe some kind of Horse, electric carriage hybrid...

How smart is the horse? Is he like a movie horse that comes when I whistle or will run up to me when I yell heeya.

Unicorn

Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic