Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Horde gets fancy cinematics at the cost of losing characters, the war and everything else.

Trust me, the Alliance has it good
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So she has war plans but is not at war. Okay. So not only is fighting several battles not war. Acting on war plans is not war.
    Yes, it's war. Not open, declared war, but it is war.

Why are you implying that the are less important?
    I'm not. You are. Especially when you wrote "few villagers" which is know is not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    There was no part of zandalar that they didn't attack, realistically that should have killed lots of civilians.
    The Alliance is shown attacking the army and heading up the pyramid with the objective to confront the king. The Horde is shown attacking a farming village with the objective of killing the civilians. They impaled one farmer to a wall, and another farmer is shown being impaled by a Horde spear as he tries to run away from the village when you get there for the first time.

If you're implying that the Alliance was more "in the wrong" than the Horde in those instances is just wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    You mean the troops being send there after the horde massacred the explorers league there? In their sleep? Bcs how dare the alliance is in the same region as the horde, how dare they...
    I don't think you've understood anything I've said. I have never said they don't have the right to be there. I have never said they don't have the right to defend and the like. They were going to war. And not just some small localized conflict that the person I was responding to claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, it's war. Not open, declared war, but it is war.
    So why have you been fighting so hard against me saying they were at war? It is funny how you go from they were at peace, to peace but small local conflicts, to war but not war war. You keep shifting everything. The alliance was being proactive by spying and moving troops to get the upper hand on the horde. You've just admitted it.

I'm not. You are. Especially when you wrote "few villagers" which is know is not the case.
    I am using the same logic you used to say burning of a thousand people at Teldrassil was more important then attacking a city and killing their king. There fore a city, their king, and anyone in the way is more important then a few villagers. Or does your own logic not apply when it doesn't suit your narrative? The stormsong village would have less people and be of less importance then a major faction city and ruler. The total number of people killed between the two would make the villagers few in comparison.

By arguing importance you are implying that the stormsong villagers are of equal or more importance. But its clear you can't back up your own statements with an argument.

If you're implying that the Alliance was more "in the wrong" than the Horde in those instances is just wrong.
    So destroying a city, attacking hundreds of troops just defending their city, killing civilians, and killing their king is less wrong then attacking a small village. Gotcha. The Alliance attacked the Zandalari first. Lured them into a trap and went int for the kill. Even sacrificing a bunch of their own troops to pull it off.

But killing a handful of villagers is more evil. Gotcha. When you are going to get off this bias trip we can have an actual discussion. It still doesn't change that the Alliance is proactive and not just reactive.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-05-16 at 06:44 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Alliance is being it's best; it was never about giving everyone an equal amount of time in the spotlight nor is there an understanding that each and every Alliance character/race must get equal amounts of screentime. The Alliance has almost always been about defending eachother and their values, with BfA accentuating this.

The Horde is in a precarious situation, but there's a lot of hope going forward.

The alliance aside of being massacred because of their dumb leaders, they are pretty much OK since numbers will never affect the narrative
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Nightelves are mad at Anduin.

A rebellion is fomenting. I just wonder if Blizzard will follow through with it or just nip it in the bud and chalk it up to "Tyrande's on her monthly cycle, let her calm down"

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So why have you been fighting so hard against me saying they were at war?
    Open war started the moment the Horde troops invaded Ashenvale and started attacking and killing everything on their path.

I am using the same logic you used to say burning of a thousand people at Teldrassil was more important then attacking a city and killing their king.
    Except you're not. Sylvanas started the war without provocation, acting solely on the idea that the peace wouldn't last and so the Horde had to strike first. A war that escalated when she decided to kill thousands of civilians. We can't even argue that burning Teldrassil would also cause the death of the leaders of Darnassus because she knew they weren't there. That was an act of willing and unnecessary cruelty.

And then we have the war already going, and the Zandalari opted to join and support the Horde in their war effort, to the point of supplying soldiers to attack Kul'Tiras. The Alliance did not go to Dazar'alor with the intention of burning the city. They did not go there intending to kill civilians. They went there to have their king surrender. "Ah, but Sylvanas just wanted to kill the night elves' leader too!" And when that didn't happen... she murdered thousand of innocents without even batting an eye. All the Alliance did was kill the Zandalari king. Both are bad outcomes... but one is undeniably worse than the other. The Zandalari weren't basically decimated. We don't see Zandalari survivors living in cottages in Orgrimmar because their city was destroyed.

So destroying a city, attacking hundreds of troops just defending their city, killing civilians, and killing their king is less wrong then attacking a small village. Gotcha.
    The biggest difference is that the Alliance went to Dazar'alor to make their king surrender or kill him if he refused. Killing civilians was never part of the plan... while the Horde went to Stormsong Valley with the intention of killing civilians, and top of that, did so in some of the most brutal of ways.

The Alliance attacked the Zandalari first.
    Friendly reminder that there were Zandalari troops amidst the Horde that invaded Stormsong and other Kul'Tiras' lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayjoy View Post
    Oh no trust me, you're totally right haha. It's fundamentally a petty concern, but it all speaks to a larger frustration Alliance players have. And hey maybe Mommy could actually give us some damn cookies for once.
    They have plenty of cookies just like horde. They just refused to eat them. Seriously? 2 out of 4 cinematics doesnt have ali characters in it and you riot. Ali have same attentsion as horde you just choose to ignore it for lulz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The Horde gets fancy cinematics at the cost of losing characters, the war and everything else.

Trust me, the Alliance has it good
    If remeber corectly both opening cinematics and that one with sarufeng in prison have both ali characters in it. You got entire Stormwind harbor in cgi.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Last expansion Gen attacked Sylvanas' fleet in Stormheim out of nowhere for no reason and hunted down our Warchief. Then the faction war was over in Legion and the Alliance took the reigns of the story for the rest of the expansion with not a single Horde character doing anything.
    I mean the horde is not really famous for doing shit and getting shit done other than their own inner faction problems. Even then they don't really get shit done, because they need the alliance to help them to sort out THEIR shit. Both factions are lame tbh. But at least horde gets some spotlight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    If remeber corectly both opening cinematics and that one with sarufeng in prison have both ali characters in it. You got entire Stormwind harbor in cgi.
    As if I cared about Stormwind.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    As if I cared about Stormwind.
    So problem is in players not in Blizzard. If you chosse to ignore ali oritented stuff in cinematic thats kinda your problem.

Yeah I am in the same place as you OP, but having my race's capital burned and genocided for the sake of ~faction drama~ was kind of the last straw for me. It's obvious that there isn't anyone in charge with the same love and passion for the Alliance story as there is for the Horde. I'm not sure where exactly the problem is, but it's been there for a really long time. It's hampered enjoyment of BlizzCon, and literally any WoW-related site I visit.

What you said about feeling like you're playing the "wrong" faction really resonated with me. I love the Alliance and its races, I just wish Blizzard did too.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge