Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Sylvanas just tried to kill...

To my knowledge (Alliance player here, so maybe missed something) Thrall has had practically no involvement or affiliation with Horde affairs in quite some time. In fact he's even on a different world to further disconnect himself from his past life.

Horde players who saw this, what were your thoughts? I don't think she's Garrosh or Lich King 2.0, but I definitely see parallels.

Not looking to cause arguments or say one side is better. Simply interested in opinions from the others side.

There is no reason Sylvanas would go after Thrall. Sylvanas was after Saurfang since he is trying to start a rebellion against her with the aid of the Alliance. The spies followed him to the portal and once they saw where he was going they probably went ahead of him to wait at his destination (Thrall).

The thing that doesn't make sense is that I thought Outland was falling apart and dying?? It's been like a decade and a half at least since we have been there. I guess since Draenor has been cut off the portal to Outlands is back again? Or did someone reconnect the dark portal? Why don't the orcs just move to Outland if it's still nice like that? Looks way better than the shit hole Orgrimmar is.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-16 at 02:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas tried to kill Thrall and his family, no question about it he sees him as a possible threat she's not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Sylvanas tried to kill Thrall and his family, no question about it he sees him as a possible threat she's not stupid.
    The whole thing makes no sense. So he KNEW they were there and let them attack him? Sorry, but he lied and they did follow him. It's the only logical explanation unless he wanted them to possibly kill Thrall to make him a martyr to rally around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zionus View Post
    To my knowledge (Alliance player here, so maybe missed something) Thrall has had practically no involvement or affiliation with Horde affairs in quite some time. In fact he's even on a different world to further disconnect himself from his past life.
    Saurfang could have lied to save face. Or because he knew it would be the only way to get thrall to return. I know honor and all that but it is possible. Also it could very well be that Sylvanas didn't send them but there is some other force working in the horde. Blizzard keeps saying this isn't Garrosh and there is a big twist. Maybe it is that this split in the horde is manufactured to find the real enemy. Maybe this is all some elaborate plan to bring Thrall back is the leader of the horde.

The assassins didn't seem to look like undead in the face. But then they have been getting more flesh over the years and it saves time for China and other area's that have other requirements.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    There is no reason Sylvanas would go after Thrall. Sylvanas was after Saurfang since he is trying to start a rebellion against her with the aid of the Alliance. The spies followed him to the portal and once they saw where he was going they probably went ahead of him to wait at his destination (Thrall).

The thing that doesn't make sense is that I thought Outland was falling apart and dying?? It's been like a decade and a half at least since we have been there. I guess since Draenor has been cut off the portal to Outlands is back again? Or did someone reconnect the dark portal? Why don't the orcs just move to Outland if it's still nice like that? Looks way better than the shit hole Orgrimmar is.
    It is dying. He touched that wheat or whatever and it disintegrated.

In terms of the portal, the WoD on hijacked the main timeline one and once destroyed was back to the normal one.

Outland will only be nice for so much longer. He says it's falling apart. Probably just long enough for Thrall to live out his life.

I'm not convinced. There's no reason for these spies (assassins) to wait until Saurfang and Thrall were together to attack, unless Saurfang's presence was unexpected. More likely, it's exactly how Blizzard laid it out: the assassins were after Thrall, and Saurfang (somehow) followed them.

Additionally, Saurfang answers your question about Outland. It looks good, but it's wrong. Broken. Falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The assassins didn't seem to look like undead in the face. But then they have been getting more flesh over the years and it saves time for China and other area's that have other requirements.
    They definitely looked undead.

When Thrall realized he could no longer control the powers of the Doomhammer, and it headed the call of another shaman, he left for Outlands to live in peace with his family.

Right now there are similarities between her and Garrosh. But I'm gonna wait to see where it goes before yelling at Blizzard.

There is no reason Sylvanas would go after Thrall. Sylvanas was after Saurfang since he is trying to start a rebellion against her with the aid of the Alliance.
    Seriously. No reason to send assassins to kill the Hordes former and greatest Warchief, knowing Saurfang would go talk to him about it, who can rally the Horde against her when she has everyone subservient and following her out of fear.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

No spoiler tag?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The whole thing makes no sense. So he KNEW they were there and let them attack him? Sorry, but he lied and they did follow him. It's the only logical explanation unless he wanted them to possibly kill Thrall to make him a martyr to rally around.
    If they followed him why would they attack him right in front of Thrall, that's just guaranteed to drag him into the conflict? They were there for Thrall, knew Saurfang had made them and desperately attacked while they had some element of surprise left.

It's plausible that Sylvanas sent the scouts to find Thrall in an attempt to catch Saurfang, knowing Saurfang would come find him. It's possible their initial intent was not to kill Thrall, but they had to leave no witnesses.

7+ Year Old Account

after we destroyed the draenor dark portal, the dark portal on azeroth returned to being connected to outland.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Zionus View Post
    Sylvanas knows there is dissent among her ranks. Baine proved that. And she knows that Thrall is one very respected orc among the Horde races, not just the orcs. And she probably knows that Thrall would heavily disapprove of her methods and tactics. If those dissenters got Thrall to join them, that'd bring a lot of legitimacy to them.

So it's a logical decision to have Thrall be offed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    i dont take the term "followed" so literally.
    they are stealthers after all.

he was probably told by his sources that sylvanas sent assassins after thrall.
    so he followed that lead, and hoped he would arrive in time.

is my guess. because i doubt varok would lie.

Or they were sent to keep an eye on Thrall as he is a potential person Saurfang would go to and seek help or refuge. Much like any agency that has an escaped prisoner will set up watchpoints for where the escapee might flee to. They saw Saurfang and attacked.
    As for Saurfang’s response to them being there, it is either great writing or fucking terrible writing. Saurfang reveals he followed Rogues to Thrall and instead of saying “Thrall, assassins have been sent to find you by Sylvanas!” he casually talks with Thrall about returning to help Saurfang’s version of the Horde.
    Some people keep saying Syl is being controlled by an Old God, but at this point I’d almost put money on Saurfang being controlled as he disobeys his Warchief after being shown proof the Alliance can basically wipe out the Horde after the events with the Legion and is now looking for allies to start another civil war that the Horde probably shouldn’t (in a realistic lore telling) have the resources to be able to fight/
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-05-16 at 02:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing that doesn't make sense is that I thought Outland was falling apart and dying?
    I don't remember seeing anything say that. Nagrand was always the most "natural" of zones (except for the flying rocks and stuff). I am wondering if the "decay" that is noticed in the grain is actually a hint at something else taking over the twisting nether now that the Legion is gone. It seems pretty clear that death is a theme of BfA. And maybe even a hint of the next expansion.

The only thing I remember is that the Arcatraz was still actively staffed and being defended. As the Legion attacked it during Argus story line.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I didn't immediately recognize the brand under the eye. Was it a V?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i dont take the term "followed" so literally.
    they are stealthers after all.

he was probably told by his sources that sylvanas sent assassins after thrall.
    so he followed that lead, and hoped he would arrive in time.

is my guess. because i doubt varok would lie.
    that's why he casually strolled toward thrall ,taking the time to grabs plants and admire the scenary ? because he hope he would arrived before the rogues ?

doesn't make much sense to me , if i knew that someone i care about was targeted i would rush to them and even scream to them what is up as soon as they are in sight. not taking my time strolling around and casually striking a convo

There is no reason Sylvanas would go after Thrall.
    Thrall is a former warchief, and many members of the Horde respect him still for his strength, leadership and wisdom. If he were to decide to rise against Sylvanas, the Horde might back him up, and Sylvanas can't allow that. She did not want to leave it to chance, and decided to have him killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Thrall is a former warchief, and many members of the Horde respect him still for his strength, leadership and wisdom. If he were to decide to rise against Sylvanas, the Horde might back him up, and Sylvanas can't allow that. She did not want to leave it to chance, and decided to have him killed.
    And all that accomplished was making him rise against her.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.