Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Trump won and he has the charisma of a hemorrhoid.
    Come one now. That is an insult to hemorrhoids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No. And it’s not a real phenomena.
    Ah so talking out of you ass once again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    What's not a real phenomena, that an unprecedented number of people are addicted to opioids because of pharmaceutical companies pushing them without regard to their highly addictive nature?
    And doctors taking a footnote out of context.

There was a comment on opiods not being a concern with respect to addiction when used in controlled hospital settings. This basically gave doctors and Pharma free reign to say you get an opioid, you get an opioid, and you get an opioid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    What quackery?!? Opiates are necessary. They are basically the only efficient drugs in severe pain alleviation. They are NOT all the same, and the severity of secondary reactions depends on their type and many other factors. Oxycodone and Fentanyl, which often get mentioned in articles, are the type that should only be used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain that is resistant to other weaker opiates (such as Tramadol) and NSAIDs type of drugs. in fact, in my country Fentanyl is purely a hospital drug that cannot be obtained from the pharmacy, regardless of prescription type, simply because medical oversight agencies here determined that it's not a drug suited for long term use in alleviating severe pain (such as in neoplasms), there are better options for that. At least that was the case when I left univ.

Over-prescribing is totally a thing in the US. 110% a thing. And it's abused often. You wouldn't be able to do that here. This is a more complex issue, doctors were indeed lied to, but doctors should have learned in school what opiates do and this shows how easy it is to corrupt them.

In short, corporations such as Purdue influenced the medical system in the US to be more accepting of prescribing strong opiates for all sorts of pain, and they lied about adverse reactions (one of which is addiction, obviously). This has resulted in the rise in usage of "legitimate", medical opiates for illicit use. Corporations found way to profit from a very profitable, yet illicit trade.
    Yeah again you don’t know what you’re talking about and you aren’t alone. We have a drug problem in the U.S we always have. We also have a lot of other problems that contribute to that drug problem.

As for big pharmaceutical companies they’ve always done what they are doing now. Which is where and when a drug can be prescribed they do. Everything from pain medication to antibiotics to heart medication.

But all drugs and doctors that prescribed medication have to go through oversight. Meaning if it’s not their own hospitals checking on them it’s insurance companies trying to save money.

As it sits right now there are already extreme measures taken to control and regulate the kinds of pain medication mentioned not like say any of the other medications like antibiotics.

We don’t need anymore oversight it’s bad enough the majority who don’t abuse pain medication have to jump through hoops because of feel good reactionary bullshit like this.

Again like anti vaccination or anti psychiatric drugs.

As I said in my opinion this opioid epidemic bullshit is hype.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Yeah, totally fake news...
    Hey, didn't Trump campaign and run on the promise of tackling the opioid epidemic? Is Dr. Acula suggesting Trump is a scam artist? I'm not complaining, just surprised.

By the way, Warren has fans. Wanna see the video? It stars Courtney Hunter, director of the Advocacy and Government Affairs at the nonprofit agency Center of Addiction. She's not the only one, of course.

“There’s a tremendous amount to like here,” said Bradley Stein, director of RAND’s Opioid Policy Center. “The magnitude of the investment really matches the needs of the crisis. A lot of the investment prior to this everyone has recognized as being insufficient or a drop in the bucket. For a crisis of this magnitude, it’s going to take that type of investment.”

Stein described the proposal as “so many orders of magnitude greater than any of the investments we’ve seen to date” because they “occur over a much longer period, which I think in many ways — if you think about needing to build the infrastructure — we really need to have with respect to treatment and some of the harm reduction activities.”

Dr. Ryan Marino, emergency medicine physician and medical toxicologist at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, highlighted the proposal’s emphasis on social determents like housing and access to medical care and education.

“It’s really encouraging to see someone of her statue on the national stage in our federal government promoting life-saving methods that haven’t been promoted to this point,” Marino told Yahoo Finance, highlighting “her big emphasis on recovery and medicines for treating addiction, which haven’t been as well emphasized at the federal level.”
    Is Warren's plan a "silver bullet" that tastes more like water than beer would solve the problem overnight? No. But it seems a lot better than the nothing we're currently seeing. Yes, if Warren comes to a position of power, then does nothing with this plan, you have every right to bring this up. But at time of writing, Trump said he would help and has not. Warren's promise hasn't been broken yet. Plus, she's a Democrat, so regardless I'm more willing to believe she'd actually apply a program to use public funds for public health than a Republican, based purely on their platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear fucking lord, dude.

I gave you a medical explanation of what happens, something that any doctor that might lose time here can confirm is accurate. You just lash out with insults and dismissals without saying WHY, it's just based on your feelings, you don't care about anything around you, but how it FEELS to you.
    I just want to know what causes you to act like this, that's my only curiosity.
    No it’s just you playing your part in disseminating your lack of knowledge and what you’ve heard. You’re free to believe what you want.

I don’t believe we have an opioid epidemic since over the past 2 years it’s become a campaign.

I say we have a drug problem addiction problem and always have. I also believe we have an assault on the medical industry by people pushing a lot of anti science.

We simply just don’t agree. On this or any of the issues.

Especially Doctors over prescribing medication specifically opioids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, this is not about the fucking culture war, this is about MEDICINE and SCIENTIFIC FACTS. I am done here. Again, I am extremely curious what specific events causes you to act like this.
    Its very much about culture we have moved into the age where everyone considers themselves informed because they can google or rely on YouTube.

That isn’t how knowledge works. Your paint by numbers facts don’t mean anything without reason and context. Maybe spend lest time being invested in trying to manipulate the opinions of others especially when you really don’t have an argument. Or stop engaging me since I don’t engage you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Its very much about culture we have moved into the age where everyone considers themselves informed because they can google or rely on YouTube.

That isn’t how knowledge works. Your paint by numbers facts don’t mean anything without reason and context. Maybe spend lest time being invested in trying to manipulate the opinions of others especially when you really don’t have an argument. Or stop engaging me since I don’t engage you.
    Also odd how a poster who postuers as a Rumanian is trying to mansplain the US Culture War too you.

Anyways I can understand why people have apprehension about the Opioid Crisis. Especially how it is being played by the media in the current political climate.
    This is like the 4th opioid crisis in 40 years. During the previous crises, the victims were being blamed for the epidemics. We were lazy, or we were thugs. The affected communities were told we deserved it for being permissive. And punished by harsher laws and enforcement.

Suddenly this opioid crisis is being portrayed in a totally different way.

So ya, the albatross of the ongoing Culture War is casting it's shadow over this.

Lee Atwater, of Nixon and Reagan fame, even admitted his drug policies were aimed at disrupting minority communities because he wanted to suppress their political potential.

But Lee Atwater's favorite voters are the currently afflicted. So Atwater rules don't apply.

Weird seeing a BernieBro buy into the rightwing bullshit of Lee Atwater of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Warren can never win the Presidency since she has the charisma of a really ugly snail but dammit she should be the VP of whoever ends up running. She is the only one that actually has PLANS.
    To me she is hands down the best candidate we have on the board. She has plans and a solid record behind her. Her charisma isn't the slick typical politician sort, it's the "seems to actually want to do a good job" sort, which personally I find so much more magnetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Also odd how a poster who postuers as a Rumanian is trying to mansplain the US Culture War too you.

Anyways I can understand why people have apprehension about the Opioid Crisis. Especially how it is being played by the media in the current political climate.
    This is like the 4th opioid crisis in 40 years. During the previous crises, the victims were being blamed for the epidemics. We were lazy, or we were thugs. The affected communities were told we deserved it for being permissive. And punished by harsher laws and enforcement.

Suddenly this opioid crisis is being portrayed in a totally different way.

So ya, the albatross of the ongoing Culture War is casting it's shadow over this.

Lee Atwater, of Nixon and Reagan fame, even admitted his drug policies were aimed at disrupting minority communities because he wanted to suppress their political potential.

But Lee Atwater's favorite voters are the currently afflicted. So Atwater rules don't apply.

Weird seeing a BernieBro buy into the rightwing bullshit of Lee Atwater of all people.
    Yeah the big problem for me was following down the rabbit hole on this issue. Because there is soo much garbage in all of it. As I said it sucks when the devil isn’t guilty. Even though you know pharmaceutical companies are guilty a lot of shit. Especially in the past along with Doctors.

But with almost every path you take to researching the topic if you follow every trail it leads to age who are suspect.

I compare it to the anti vaccination scare. Which honestly had some serious sources saying although rare vaccination do run certain risk.

The problem is the devils in the details in how you explain it.

Same with the opioid epidemic. Like ok so pharmaceutical companies along with Doctors have been pushing prescribing medications.

But ok, but hasn’t that always been the case?

What about antibiotics and the fact they are said to be over prescribed also. So much it’s causing environmental effects to fish and wildlife?

So where’s the fire?

Do we also have an antibiotic epidemic. Drug resistant diseases are dangerous too.

Lastly what is the solution.

Specifically opioids and pain medications we already have a system in place even more strict than any other kinds of drugs aside from psychiatric drugs.

Some of which has resulted in the majority sometimes having too much trouble getting pain medications they need. Along with an increase in drug prices.

So to me from every angle I’ve looked at this doesn’t look like a real issue. Or at least the way it’s being portrayed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if should be considered an act of war when foreign nations allow massive amounts of fentyal be sent to the America. I think at this point; I believe war has changed and the America doesn’t even know it.

Ohh changed to online propaganda spreading to divide a country, import loads of extremely deadly/addictive drugs into a country to have people die left and right. “Outbreaks” of diseases once pushed out of the country because of an increase of unvaccinated people again to online propanganda. Hacking of companies, hacking of local small town governments offices holding them hostage and crippling their ability to govern the towns. Etc etc

Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Wonder if should be considered an act of war when foreign nations allow massive amounts of fentyal be sent to the America
    I'm not disputing that it's a dick move, but when they're selling to a willing, private buyer, I'm not sure "war" covers it. Could easily be a sanctions or tariffs thing.

Really, she is a joke, does it matter what pocahontas say

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Really, she is a joke, does it matter what pocahontas say
    Apparently it does when you are willing to insult someone with an actual idea. I mean we can't all be as smart as Trump and his zero ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    So 9 people from 100,000. That's so irrelevant that its a non-issue.

Also I have 0 symphony for drug users. They made a choice. They also have a choice to go to rehab.

As for getting drugs, maybe US lefties should stop protecting drug dealers because they are immigrants/black/gay/apache_helicopter? Maybe black people should stop blaming cops every time a drug dealer gets killed by cops? Let police do their job and help them to get rid of drug dealers.
    Forgets that doctors are giving out more than actual drug dealers. Good for you.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    You just lash out with insults and dismissals without saying WHY, it's just based on your feelings, you don't care about anything around you, but how it FEELS to you.

I just want to know what causes you to act like this, that's my only curiosity.
    I don't know what madness drove you to sign up for this class, but welcome to Mall Security 101.

Warren is proving to be a strong consideration to the progressive minded folks in this nation. My big complaints with her is that she supported Hillary Clinton over Bernie and has gone along with the Democratic leadership regardless of how bad that policy idea might be. I will look further more into her platform but she has a strong chance to earn my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Warren is proving to be a strong consideration to the progressive minded folks in this nation. My big complaints with her is that she supported Hillary Clinton over Bernie and has gone along with the Democratic leadership regardless of how bad that policy idea might be. I will look further more into her platform but she has a strong chance to earn my vote.
    Whoa there Berniebro. In what world did Warren support Clinton over Bernie?

I mean Warren held her endorsement until June.
    • Months after Bernie was mathematically eliminated.
    • Days after California, when Bernie even said he was "winding down his campaign".
    • Then Warren endorses Clinton.

Or does Bernie demand fealty; for all time, everywhere in the universe, in perpetuity?

This is the tanks Warren gets for holding her endorse... Bernie's most extreme supporters still find imaginary harm. And will probably find any reason to with hold their vote for anyone but Bernie.

Nevertheless she persisted!

So 9 people from 100,000. That's so irrelevant that its a non-issue.
    Something like 30,000 people across the country? A number which was about a third of that a little while ago? Is continuing to trend upward? This is irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Whoa there Berniebro. In what world did Warren support Clinton over Bernie?

I mean Warren held her endorsement until June.
    • Months after Bernie was mathematically eliminated.
    • Days after California, when Bernie even said he was "winding down his campaign".
    • Then Warren endorses Clinton.

Or does Bernie demand fealty; for all time, everywhere in the universe, in perpetuity?

This is the tanks Warren gets for holding her endorse... Bernie's most extreme supporters still find imaginary harm. And will probably find any reason to with hold their vote for anyone but Bernie.

Nevertheless she persisted!

No one chose to challenge Clinton and that was the entire problem. Bernie running against Clinton helped her lose just as much because it showed the negatives in her ideas to begin with. I am not 100% a Bernie bro but i only want a progressive not a centrist status quo type. If you hold endorsements or not outright challenge Clinton it shows me whom you are holding your hand towards. The goal is to move the overton window to the left.

Warren's proposal calls for $2.7 billion each year to go directly to the cities and counties hit hardest by opioid deaths, places like Kermit, where the local government could then make a plan tailored specifically to its needs

What a genius plan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Careful, you might be branded a leftist with that sort of logic.
    Using logic tends to brand people as leftists.
    Putin khuliyo

Yet they somehow need $100 billion? These 30k people are doing it to themselves and they have a chance to become better - there are rehabs, but they don't want to. Its their choice. They do it to themselves. If lefties want to do something about drugs, maybe stop protecting drug dealers that are immigrants or blacks, maybe stop preventing police from doing their job because apparently arresting black/immigrant is racism?

How many people die in car accidents, how many people get shot? How many people die to diabetes, yet nobody is whining about soft drinks and fast food industries? Those are much much bigger issues. Wasting money on people who don't want your help is stupid.
    It's so predictable of alt-righters to conveniently skip over multiple posters pointing out the fact that the opioid crisis is by-and-large a manufacture of big pharma....so it's actually legal.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future