Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wheat in Nagrand!?

I am shocked and appauled that Blizzard would spit in our faces and have wheat growing in Nagrand. Wheat is obviously a human-harvested grass used to make bread. Which orcs eat bread? Preposterous! There's no wheat in the in-game version of Nagrand, so why would they show it here? I understand nothing of cinematic liberties, the rule of cool, and the importance of subtle story elements, but all that doesn't matter because what the fuck, it's WHEAT.

Unsubbed, unfaved, blammed, 0/5. I roll over in my bed and weep silently. I look in the face of Blizzard and recognise nothing of the manwomancompany I used to love.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop.

/somemorechars

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Thrall likes white bread or wheat beer, after staying 30+ on Azeroth..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Stop.

/somemorechars
    How dare you. I am nitpicking because I care. I know how to best tell Blizzard's story, and this is the final straw!

Get it
    Straw

Wheat

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    What? You think it is possible that he returned from Azeroth to Nagrand and brought seeds with him? Preposterous.

I know, don't feed the trolls, but looking at all the raging in this forum, I am really not sure if OP is trolling or serious.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Maybe Thrall likes white bread or wheat beer, after staying 30+ on Azeroth..
    i mean, he was raised by humans, eating bread to him is probably the same as it is to you and me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I am shocked and appauled that Blizzard would spit in our faces and have wheat growing in Nagrand. Wheat is obviously a human-harvested grass used to make bread. Which orcs eat bread? Preposterous! There's no wheat in the in-game version of Nagrand, so why would they show it here? I understand nothing of cinematic liberties, the rule of cool, and the importance of subtle story elements, but all that doesn't matter because what the fuck, it's WHEAT.

Unsubbed, unfaved, blammed, 0/5. I roll over in my bed and weep silently. I look in the face of Blizzard and recognise nothing of the manwomancompany I used to love.
    Wheat doesn't grow it's grains in spirals, nor does it have bulbous growths at the stem.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    What? You think it is possible that he returned from Azeroth to Nagrand and brought seeds with him? Preposterous.

I know, don't feed the trolls, but looking at all the raging in this forum, I am really not sure if OP is trolling or serious.
    I belive he is paroding the stealth-invisibility guys on the other cinematic thread.

Leave Farmer Thano... Thrall alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eto Demerzel View Post
    I belive he is paroding the stealth-invisibility guys on the other cinematic thread.
    How dare you insinuate my legitimate concerns over something of this importance arent legit.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think even Azeroth as a Planet has wheat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i mean, he was raised by humans, eating bread to him is probably the same as it is to you and me :P
    My point exactly..

And getting a sack (or 10) of wheat, and sow it in Nagrand is not unrealistic..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    This, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    My point exactly..

And getting a sack (or 10) of wheat, and sow it in Nagrand is not unrealistic..
    It's not wheat, though. Looks similar, but as has been pointed out, wheat doesn't grow grains in spirals.

To me what's the most shocking is the cinematic difference vs in-game.

"There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=58261/buttery-wheat-roll

Wheat Rolls exists... Ergo, wheat must also exist.

not that much of a shock, imo, decent job from them with the shit they throw around (geographic changes, look at broken isles, all of it should of been sunk.)

Anyway why aint Thrall Micro-Brewing, gimme those hopps and IPAs green Jesus!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    To me what's the most shocking is the cinematic difference vs in-game.

https://img.czechmade.net/files/Bodraw/1.png
    https://img.czechmade.net/files/Bodraw/2.png
    Good call! WHERE IS THE SPLIT TREE, BLIZZARD?

That split tree survived the BREAKING OF A WORLD in order to keep its splitted goodness visible to all on that floaty rock.
    A clear sign of nature's defiance in the face of overwhelming odds!
    And they just FORGOT ABOUT IT.

Completely unplayable. Blizzard is literally becoming Satan.

Erm, Westfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    How dare you. I am nitpicking because I care. I know how to best tell Blizzard's story, and this is the final straw!

Get it
    Straw

Wheat
    If only there was a way to plant and grow things you wanted to. Maybe some day we will crack that challenge you can have some peace of mind.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    My point was if Azeroth can have Wheat and it is a fictional Planet why wouldn't Outland?