Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I just saw a streamer at level 20 on a Druid, so no, you can go higher than 18.
    If I recall correctly from my time in beta oh so long ago I think the max level was 30 or 35.

Remember those leveling guides back then?

They were pretty cool, would discover some quest hubs I would not have seen without those guides

Where is Mankriks wife? Help plz.

Quote Originally Posted by trollied View Post
    You're going to be so distressed if you play Classic. It took a looooooong time to do higher levels!
    Especially because you ran out of quests and had to just grind mobs in certain ranges.
    Part of what made the world dangerous and feel more "real"... you weren't handheld though the entire process.

And it was enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Staysafe is 21 right now and he's just said the highest so far is a 23 mage. Don't know how many servers there are though.

Edit - he's also been streaming for close to 25 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Staysafe is 21 right now and he's just said the highest so far is a 23 mage. Don't know how many servers there are though.

Edit - he's also been streaming for close to 25 hours...
    There's 2 servers. A pvp and pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    18 hours into the beta, these no life streamers have played non stop.
    Yet, the highest level is only 18.

I am disappointed.
    What takes them so long?
    Yep and that is vanilla :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    I played shadow priest and respeced to holy about ~52(?), lvled up to 59,5 with quests and dungeons, grinded last half a lvl on ghouls in EPL (got a frapsed video of that, was taken on my wooden pc xd 10fps FTW!)

I did run WC,SM,ZF a couple of times, but i wouldnt call it a grind
    If you're saying you leveled to 59 from questing and a few dungeons along the way, I call bullshit. Zones had areas that would be 10 levels lower or higher than the majority of the area. Most of them without quests to tie into those areas. Most of the time you'd be fighting equal level mobs for a green quest. It was an utter shit show to quest in Classic and the start of BC. Even with BC quests offering decent amounts of EXP.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    18 hours into the beta, these no life streamers have played non stop.
    Yet, the highest level is only 18.

I am disappointed.
    What takes them so long?
    Because many (if not all) those "get to max level quick" guides require a max level (or at least much higher level than you) character to help you through some stuff... and there are none of those around yet.

What is exactly the issue here? These people are enjoying the thing, not rushing through it.

Obvious troll thread is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    • They're not rested.
    • They do not have special toys to move from 1 side of the map to the other side in 10 seconds;
    • They can't chain pull entire packs of mobs and aoe them down while doing other quests;

People complained a lot when Blizzard changed the leveling back when they introduced Allied Races, but that leveling speed is no where close to what we had in Vanilla.

Back then it was harder because we had no Database with quests (wowallakhazam and thottbot didn't exist yet) and people used the time to discover everything... I still remember being in Rutheran Village/Auberdine and people exploring Darkshore and asking in General if people managed to find Menethil Harbor.
    Excuse me what? It's pretty normal for some to mass aoe, even in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Had an argument in another thread about this. He was trying to legitimately tell me questing is a viable way to level. It's just not. You run out of quests in most zones rather quickly and end up spending a chunk of your time just grinding anything you can. I used to spend 38-43 or something grinding the trolls outside of Zul'Farak while I looked for a group on my warrior. I did a similar grind on my priest in Feralas, which was far easier because of renew, PW:S, and wanding the 3-4 mobs I pulled to death.

I think there is even an interview where they originally intended for you to spend large chunks of the game grinding, but people in beta complained so they added more quests to help.
    You mostly don't run out of quests in 1.12. There's a lot more quests than in previous patches and the exp has been slightly tweaked. That feeling comes from players that leveled in previous patches, which is the vast majority. Classic is 1.12, you will barely have to grind.

That sentiment isn't wrong but it won't come to pass in Classic. Also, knowing optimal quest paths and order will help a lot. Which most people don't, even in 2019.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-05-16 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    at lvl 15? no.

10+ Year Old Account
    • They're not rested.
    • They do not have special toys to move from 1 side of the map to the other side in 10 seconds;
    • They can't chain pull entire packs of mobs and aoe them down while doing other quests;

People complained a lot when Blizzard changed the leveling back when they introduced Allied Races, but that leveling speed is no where close to what we had in Vanilla.

Back then it was harder because we had no Database with quests (wowallakhazam and thottbot didn't exist yet) and people used the time to discover everything... I still remember being in Rutheran Village/Auberdine and people exploring Darkshore and asking in General if people managed to find Menethil Harbor.
    I tried classic during the blizzcon demo. Doing quests was a real challenge! No highlighted search areas, no markers, no "x/y complete" text. If classic quest mods exist, I will definitely be using them.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I tried classic during the blizzcon demo. Doing quests was a real challenge! No highlighted search areas, no markers, no "x/y complete" text. If classic quest mods exist, I will definitely be using them.
    They exist on private servers and it seems the classic client is using the current clients code so they will absolutely exist. Questing never was a big part of wow for me either so I will likely be using one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    at lvl 15? no.
    You're right, you can do it as early as 14

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trollied View Post
    Can't wait for Classic to go live & everyone moan how long it takes to level & demand XP changes ;-)
    Don't even joke about it, cause Blizzard might seriously cater to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    While leveling? I seriously doubt you could keep chain pulling packs of mobs.
    You are constantly wasting your entire mana pool to DPS, some classes don't have healing to survive 3-4 mobs hiting you and you were weaker than most mobs.

I played since the beginning and I don't buy that. I'm sorry, but maybe I'm wrong.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

No mounts until level 40 (I only managed to buy my mount close to level 50, because I was saving money for my spells).
    No Heirlooms, No LFG System, have to fly to dungeons will piss people.
    The cost of spells/mounts was painful.