Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question If Nagrand is in such a great shape...

...that Thrall can be a farmer and it hasn't crumbled and fallen into the Twisting Nether,why the orcs don't want to move to their native homeland? Why instead they decide to starve in the middle of the desert,blame the others for their bad life conditions and instead of moving back,they decide to attack the night elven territories? For the sake of the conquest,because they can't live without the war?

Why the hell Thrall,who is being called a traitor,a non- orc by some god damn edge lords,who praise Garrosh, who was a warmongering moron such as hitler or stalin,actually gets it? Because he is what - weak,stupid, friendly to the Alliance? Or because he actually has some sense instead of unending anger and will to conquer and burn the things?

It is slowly deteriorating as indicated by degrading wheat. It's basically a world existing on borrowed time. That's the whole point Saurfang initially tried to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It is slowly deteriorating as indicated by degrading wheat. It's basically a world existing on borrowed time. That's the whole point Saurfang initially tried to make.
    This.
    Also the fact that 1, 2 or 50 individuals can make a living there doesn't mean an entire race can.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This.
    Also the fact that 1, 2 or 50 individuals can make a living there doesn't mean an entire race can.
    thus the resources of the exodus, the difficulty and everything more

people sometimes just think on the surface lv

Thrall is a miserable failure motivated by racial guilt and Garrosh did nothing wrong, but that has no bearing on Nagrand's state.

The whole point of the cinematic is that Nagrand looks nice, but it can't be sustainable.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Thrall is a miserable failure motivated by racial guilt and Garrosh did nothing wrong, but that has no bearing on Nagrand's state.
    The whole point of the cinematic is that Nagrand looks nice, but it can't be sustainable.
    Just like the horde.
    AND CAPITALISM.

*air horns*
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    ...that Thrall can be a farmer and it hasn't crumbled and fallen into the Twisting Nether,why the orcs don't want to move to their native homeland? Why instead they decide to starve in the middle of the desert,blame the others for their bad life conditions and instead of moving back,they decide to attack the night elven territories? For the sake of the conquest,because they can't live without the war?

Why the hell Thrall,who is being called a traitor,a non- orc by some god damn edge lords,who praise Garrosh, who was a warmongering moron such as hitler or stalin,actually gets it? Because he is what - weak,stupid, friendly to the Alliance? Or because he actually has some sense instead of unending anger and will to conquer and burn the things?
    But it isn't really in a great shape, you see this quite well, the crops literally crumble away, Thrall was an idiot for settling in the desert, it was pretty much guaranteed recipe for disaster and lo and behold a few years later disaster struck, by all means most of the orcs should have settled in Lordaeron alongside the forsaken, with Durotar being sparsely populated, so that the people can actually feed themselves.

i mean, idk if any of you have ever held a piece of grain, or if anyone from blizzard ever has, but it pretty much crumbles like that when you squeeze it.

it was a bit of a stupid plant for such an analogy.

idk, that cinematic did nothing but make nagrand look perfectly habitable and relatively safe and without problems.

Exactly.

A future, i.e. something safe and long-term to home and nourish future generations just isn't possible there.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post

Given how Thrall is the one who deliberately settled the Orcs in a wasteland to punish them, him "getting it" that wastelands aren't exactly life-friendly and that settling in Nagrand makes more sense (though only temporarily because Outland is going to crumble away) is nothing but hypocrisy on his part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, idk if any of you have ever held a piece of grain, or if anyone from blizzard ever has, but it pretty much crumbles like that when you squeeze it.

idk, that cinematic did nothing but make nagrand look perfectly habitable and relatively safe and without problems.
    Well, I have actual wheat grain in my Kitchen I use to make bread with. And I usually use a machine to grind it down, because mine doesnt crumble when touched. Seems also a bit weird why people build Mills to grind their Wheat when its supposed to crumble on touch.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Well, I have actual wheat grain in my Kitchen I use to make bread with. And I usually use a machine to grind it down, because mine doesnt crumble when touched. Seems also a bit weird why people build Mills to grind their Wheat when its supposed to crumble on touch.
    i mean, i guess this wheat's a bit dry to be still sticking in the ground.

but every wheat plant i've held broke up when i rubbed it in my hand like that.

you use a grinder when you're mass-milling to make something. it's not practical or fun to just squeeze a bunch with your hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    it should not rly work like that, and even the wind made then to dust, it was pretty much fucked

except it looks like a wasteland crumbling, and falling apart, its not new info, it was being like that for a while, Nagrand could not stand on his own and there is no way to make a sustainable life, just look his "home" its in shit, imagine for a entire horde

i don't even remember if it rains there

Not to that degree though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The grains do fall off in wind though, that's how plants naturally propagate right?
    Dunno about that, but I dont think they fall off that easily, IIRC people actually beat the harvested plants at rocks to get the grain off.

But if you look at the video, the actual Plant and Grains crumble and fly away in the wind. If only the plant would crumble he would have the grains on his hand.

Furthermore, the Plants dont crumble that easily.

That makes sense also. I thought it was a hint that there was someone walking through the field, which is how the stealthed assassins had their location compromised since they showed it happening when he touched it and again just before they attacked

1. To quote Saurfang “this land is broken” Thrall exiled himself there. It’s not like it’s a paradise. It’s probably very hard going.

2. We’ve probably hit a point where many Orcs don’t know Draenor as their home because they were born on Azeroth.

3. I hear it a lot on here. Where does the idea that the Orcs are starving in Durotar come from? They seem to get by ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    That makes sense also. I thought it was a hint that there was someone walking through the field, which is how the stealthed assassins had their location compromised since they showed it happening when he touched it and again just before they attacked
    Location was compromised because Saurfang could hear them running up behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post

3. I hear it a lot on here. Where does the idea that the Orcs are starving in Durotar come from? They seem to get by ok to me.
    It is in a few short stories and books around cata, the orcs were starving, because the Thrall decided to settle in there, even though he could have chosen a different patch of land. It is one of the reasons why Garrosh policies were so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Outland in general does not even make sense. Ultimately the water would just all fall off after a short while and that would be it. Also it should have no atmosphere or really sufficient gravity and would be completely open to radiation.
    Elementals keep it replenished or something... maybe it still has enough atmosphere that the water is trapped by the gravitational pull or something. It’s fantasy so science doesn’t really apply