Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Legion was overall awful too.

- Legiondaries were a nightmare to get for the entire expansion and it fucked over any concept of alting
    - Artifact Power was literally endless past Nighthold with no way to cap out the system, which also fucked over alting
    - There were many changes to systems that only hurt players with no benefit(like the camera zoom or unable to edit friendly nameplates in instances changes)
    - There was way too much to do in a day if you have a job and any sense of a life outside of WoW
    - Raid tuning was a nightmare the entire expansion
    - All the timegating for quests every single patch
    - Argus was very underwhelming for an end expansion zone
    You forgot to include an 'In my opinion'. Legion was awesome. Literally EVERY single fucking expansion has similar flaws to this, either some of their new systems fail, some tuning goes to shit, there are too many things to do in a day (which is the case for literally every expansion other than cata/wod), so I am not sure why you say that Legion was overall awful. Does that mean that Vanilla, Wotlk, Tbc, Mop, all were awful? If you don't like this game, then gtfo of here Oh, and please let the door hit you on the way out, might knock some sense into you.

And I can't believe you added the camera zoom as a con, if anything, it makes the game more immersive, and makes mechanics harder, by making you having to turn your camera around for mechanics. Also, it used to put players who didn't like playing on max distance at a disadvantage. I don't fucking want to see my character as a speck of dirt in the middle of my screen. But I guess that awareness mechanics were too tough for you

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Lich King 2.0, with Sylvanas.
    Kind of but not really, she will have captured N'Zoth in the blade and used his powers to create a permanent rift to the shadowlands which will prevent her from dying permanently.

Are outlands dying because of the missing earth elemental?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    More because it's a planet that was shattered in a huge explosion?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    You forgot to include an 'In my opinion'. Legion was awesome. Literally EVERY single fucking expansion has similar flaws to this, either some of their new systems fail, some tuning goes to shit, there are too many things to do in a day (which is the case for literally every expansion other than cata/wod), so I am not sure why you say that Legion was overall awful. Does that mean that Vanilla, Wotlk, Tbc, Mop, all were awful? If you don't like this game, then gtfo of here Oh, and please let the door hit you on the way out, might knock some sense into you.

And I can't believe you added the camera zoom as a con, if anything, it makes the game more immersive, and makes mechanics harder, by making you having to turn your camera around for mechanics. Also, it used to put players who didn't like playing on max distance at a disadvantage. I don't fucking want to see my character as a speck of dirt in the middle of my screen. But I guess that awareness mechanics were too tough for you
    Half of the systems I listed are factual, meaning they had no positive side for any kind of player. As a Cutting Edge player every tier and a current Hall of Fame player, I know what I'm talking about, so you're little snarky reply isn't needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don't be naive. Next expansion will be more of the same. They're not going to shake up the core formulae. Blizzard don't do risk.
    state of the game is not healthy, risk must be taken.

next expansion will be good

good bad good remember?

My money is on LK 2.0/Northrend

They need a big draw and honestly there is nothing else near that magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Outland is a literal shattered planet and the bit we fuck around on is a tiny part of it's crust, practically it shouldn't be able to even hold an atmosphere. You can pretty much pick any reason why it's dying, most of them will be plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they introduced a new specialization?

In addition to Tank, Heals, DPS, they add a Bard type class.
    It mainly acts as a buff for players and debuff on mobs.
    With an active playstyle instead of passive buffs of current classes.
    It would obviously have a DPS side for solo play, but would make group content "easier" if they are in the party.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    What if they introduced a new specialization?

In addition to Tank, Heals, DPS, they add a Bard type class.
    It mainly acts as a buff for players and debuff on mobs.
    With an active playstyle instead of passive buffs of current classes.
    It would obviously have a DPS side for solo play, but would make group content "easier" if they are in the party.
    Blizzard has never shown any interest in breaking up the healer class into heal and support, why should that change with the next expansion? If anything then they killed the only 2 classes that were ever actually close to that with shamans and paladins over the years without looking back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    The same dev/narrative team that brought you BFA. Nothing will change, so don't let the hype fool you at blizzcon. BFA fooled quite alot of people into thinking it was gonna be a good expansion. Then we see how it really is now. Next expansion another rinse and repeat, class changes again like always. Pathfinder garbage for 8-10+ months, RNG, useless podcast with Ion that goes no were. Lets also not forget how they pushed back Kultiran and Zandalari allied races. Next expansion they'll likely do that with the popular allied races for both sides. Add them half way threw the expansion instead of at the start. Also don't forget BFA costed more then Legion, and are they gonna jack the price up for the next expansion to $70 for regular?
    You summed up exactly what I was thinking, 100% agree.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    didn't they do that in legion? lol
    With BfA, I'm starting to think that Legion was a one-hit wonder, and even then it had severe flaws - which have become much more evident in BfA. We'll see what happens with 9.0, but if is another budget Legion like BfA, it will be pretty clear that it's time for me to part ways with retail WoW for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They'll definitely do something nostalgic like Legion to bring people back, so I smell an Arthas redemption story. Just copy and paste Arthas on top of Illidan, Scourge on top of Legion and Sylvanas on top of Gul'dan and you have your next expansion in the Shadowlands. The timing of Warcraft 3 isn't a coincidence. They're re-acquainting players with Arthas and introducing him to a new audience with new graphics for cross-promotion to pull retail out of its muck. Pretty smart if you ask me.

OP is too foolish. Sorry man to burst your bubble but judging Blizzard you might not receive too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    WoD was a disaster and they broke the glass case in case of emergency and pulled out Legion. I do wonder what is under the SECOND glass cage. Probably the Lich King.
    I just don’t think WoD and BfA are comparable outside of players massively dislike them. WoD was barebones from beginning to end. BfA introduced plenty, just none of it is well received. I’m suspecting 9.0 won’t be a repeat of Legion, but rather 10.0 will be.

A conclusion I’ve come to reading so many complaints, criticisms, conversations, fan-concepts, desire of the playerbase; is that WoW has to almost fully rebuild itself from the ground up. I don’t want a WoW2 but something in that vain feels like what the player base wants/needs at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Outland dying?
    Forsaken own faction?
    Classic release which will affect the decisions of the devs (positively hopefully)
    Bfa a pretty straightforward and bad expansion with nothing new which means they save something for the next
    The leveling system will change too because oh well, getting to 130 is mehh

I'm now hyped about the next expansion, I think WoW will return back to its golden years, Blizzard still has a lot of trump cards and I believe we are getting something great after bfa. Bfa was probably a way for Blizzard to stall and filler while changing completely current WoW. We are in a testing period apparently, we just have to endure for now but the reward is coming. Blizzard is now under pressure to deliver and when that happens, it usually doesn't fail.

Blizzard used to make great games but those took lots of years to be created, it's impossible to create great expansions every 2 years or so, they need much more time for this. It's a consistent pattern now, they filler with one expansion so that they can create a much better one after.
    I'll take a few shots of what he's drinking. Blizzard "delivered" with Legion by giving us our artifacts such as Ashbringer, Doomhammer, etc, giving us Illidan back (for a time). Legion saved WoW, imho, after the utter disaster of pre-ejaculatory mess that was WoD. BfA on the other hand, seems to have taken a step back.

Remember: WoW devs were split (and I think still are) into 2 teams. Each team works on their own expansion and supports it while it's live. The other team is devving the next expansion. So by that formula, the WoD team is doing BfA, and it shows. I've had 50 cent margaritas that's left me more content than BfA does.

Anyways, as for your "bold" prediction: the Legion team is working on the next expansion (again, if it's still split into 2 teams still). It's gonna be Void Lords and some other stuff. Could be a leveling squish. Could also be a retconn to losing the artifact weapons and we get them back. Could also be a Time Traveling Boogaloo back to Warcraft 3. Pretty sure the announcement will be around First Quarter Earnings Call 2020 (and not an Apr 1st joke).

As a Cutting Edge player every tier and a current Hall of Fame player, I know what I'm talking about

Legion was fantastic. The class focused stories and well-crafted Suramar questline made this game an RPG again for a little bit, though BFA came along and sank that idea as soon as it could. And the artifacts were just cool as hell, especially the ones like Ashbringer and Doomhammer that were already in game.

As far as the next expansion goes, they're definitely going to announce it at Blizzcon; it's the 15 year anniversary and the existence of classic could be a gamechanger as far as what they're willing to do with retail, so I'd be surprised if they don't have something big planned.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Half of the systems I listed are factual, meaning they had no positive side for any kind of player. As a Cutting Edge player every tier and a current Hall of Fame player, I know what I'm talking about, so you're little snarky reply isn't needed.
    Time to get off that high horse. You know just as much as everyone else here does. Go back to your Garrison, we know you enjoyed that.

Legion was the best expansion since TBC IN MY OPINION, I have been playing all the aspects of the game so your ridiculous reply to that user isn't needed. Do you see how silly that sounds? Sorry to burst your bubble, but Legion was well received by most players except those who want everything handed to them. I guess you enjoy BfA for that very reason.

Fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Time to get off that high horse. You know just as much as everyone else here does. Go back to your Garrison, we know you enjoyed that.

Legion was the best expansion since TBC IN MY OPINION, I have been playing all the aspects of the game so your ridiculous reply to that user isn't needed. Do you see how silly that sounds? Sorry to burst your bubble, but Legion was well received by most players except those who want everything handed to them. I guess you enjoy BfA for that very reason.

Fucking ridiculous.
    You're the one who needs to get off his high horse, the guy attempts to disparage me by saying "mechanics are too tough for you" but I guess you have a reading problem and a problem with involving yourself in replies that don't involve you in the slightest. Legion had far more problems than it had good design, as I outlined in a previous post, but again you have a problem with reading an entire debate and pick a single post to attempt to attack me. Go back to school and learn how to read, then read an entire debate before replying. Or better yet, don't involve yourself in conversations that you have zero place being in.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.