Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Forsaken assassins...panicked? Right. Sure.

I think it's just a case of bad writing and rule-of-cool nonsense. They wanted to show the heroes having a heroic bro moment. I mean, it would have been a FAR better story if one of the assassins had gotten away with literal kidnapping to use as a lever against Thrall. Or even better, having Thrall encounter assassinated family, REALLY giving him a concrete reason to re-join the fight.

But no...we got inspiring words from Saurfang and a nonsensical fight with faceless minions. Normally I praise Blizzard cinematics, but the more I think about it, the more I think this one was REALLY bad.
    Well, we are assuming there were only 2.. and since we never actually SAW Thralls family, its possible that... nah.. cant even finish this... this shit writing *cough I get moist for Manduin Golden* team isn't capable of something that subtle....

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The writers at Blizzard and by extension Sylvanas just play 4D chess, you will see it all makes sense..
    Based on what? What grounds do you base the idea that there will be some massive reveal or plot twist? Their past examples of writing have all been shallow and unimaginative. Remember that this is the same company that believes "The Rule of Cool" is the ultimate method of presentation and delivery of story.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    The rogues look awfully fresh for undead, so probably recently raised night elves. Now as for why they were killed so easily I have a theory, fresh undead aren't as durable as the older counterparts. The body still clings to life in a manner of speaking, it can't knit itself back together like older undead. The durability of the undead comes with age, as the body decays it becomes stronger and harder to kill. The trade off though is the body keeps deteriorating, that durability is going to fade as the body decays.
    They look nothing like night elves, and everything like average undead save for the lack of exposed knees/elbows.

Based on what? What grounds do you base the idea that there will be some massive reveal or plot twist? Their past examples of writing have all been shallow and unimaginative. Remember that this is the same company that believes "The Rule of Cool" is the ultimate method of presentation and delivery of story.
    Pretty sure it was sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I don't understand how the second rogue died
    The sound of cracking bones is kind of a dead giveaway...

I mean it's extremely obvious what happened, so I don't understand what you're having a hard time getting...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

That was obviously sarcasm. It was based on the premise that 4D chess would be a hyperbolic extension of 3D chess, which in turn is (at the time) a fictional variant of chess, afaik shown first in star trek, that is aleady rather nonsensical and a desperate attempt to make something look more complex and futuristic to show off how smart the characters playing it are/were.

In this context I ment to say that the hack writers at Blizzard deserpately try to make all her nonsense strategies look like they were part of some genious plan (while in truth they all rely on pure dumb plot armor throughout all of it). That part is coroborated by some of the voice lines on the PTR. The comment was aimed at all the desperate sylvanas fanboys that come up with ever more harebrained explanations for this shit show.

. The comment was aimed at all the desperate sylvanas fanboys that come up with ever more harebrained explanations for this shit show.
    Sorry. It's because of the fanbois that it's often difficult to tell if people are being sarcastic or not. And the 4D chess thing is something Ive seen used before with absolute seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    You got everything wrong. Thrall didn't block any strikes. He dodged them because he's a veteran warrior and gladiator. Saurfang blocked the knives with his metal bracers. The first rogue wasn't killed by a tree. It was a wooden pole swung by a orc, and then the rogue crashed into a stone wall. Lots of broken bones from both hits, especially when you're undead. Everyone in the world except you understood that Saurfang grabbed and snapped her neck.
    So yet again, its a "good" thing that the alliance enslaved thrall and forced him to fight in a ring...

- - - Updated - - -

That was obviously sarcasm. It was based on the premise that 4D chess would be a hyperbolic extension of 3D chess, which in turn is (at the time) a fictional variant of chess, afaik shown first in star trek, that is aleady rather nonsensical and a desperate attempt to make something look more complex and futuristic to show off how smart the characters playing it are/were.

In this context I ment to say that the hack writers at Blizzard deserpately try to make all her nonsense strategies look like they were part of some genious plan (while in truth they all rely on pure dumb plot armor throughout all of it). That part is coroborated by some of the voice lines on the PTR. The comment was aimed at all the desperate sylvanas fanboys that come up with ever more harebrained explanations for this shit show.
    When you have no decent argument, just play the fanboy card so all the alliance players can jump into your echo chamber.

Sorry. It's because of the fanbois that it's often difficult to tell if people are being sarcastic or not. And the 4D chess thing is something Ive seen used before with absolute seriousness.
    Yeah.. trump supporters wear that as a bade of honor for some reason. Kinda funny actually.

I been seeing this topic on the front page since yesterday and the title's ridiculousness is killing me. Did you watch it with your ass? Delete this please.

2 things really bothered me with this.

1. the invisibility wasn't stealth at all, especially when he grabs her and she's still invisible.

2. Why does snapping an undead's neck kill them, but they can live with conditions that living can't(like half their head missing, etc...)

See my later post about how incompetent the assassins were. I mean...Thrall just grabs the one by the wrist and stops her cold. And of all the other ways they could have attacked, they chose broad daylight with the two most powerful living orcs in close proximity of each other, and still gave away their positions before attacking.
    As you said, two of the most of powerful living orcs. These two did not live that long polishing boots. That they stopped the assassin should have been expected. Had the assassination succeeded, the conversation would be how two of the most powerful orcs fell to two un-named assassins.

But you are correct on why they chose to attack in broad daylight but they were cloaked.

There is also the question of whether Sylvanas were expecting them to succeed. I suspect not. Had she wanted them dead, she should send someone more dependable, like her champion. So maybe the assassins were not expected to kill them, but just to provoke Thrall. Why? No idea. A possibility anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    . So maybe the assassins were not expected to kill them, but just to provoke Thrall. Why? No idea. A possibility anyway.
    That's the only thing that makes any sense. Someone(not necessarily Sylv) wanted to provoke Thrall out of hiding.

Who stands to gain by this:

Saurfang. By bringing Thrall back into the horde it reinforces Saurfang's faction both from an ethical and physical standpoint.

The Alliance. Having Thrall back in the horde would not only undermine Sylvanas, but simultaneously stabilize more rational and honorable horde factions. Anduin already released Saurfang, so maybe someone like Matthias Shaw could hire mercs to lead Saurfang to Thrall as well as prod Thrall out of hiding.

Sylvanas. Some weird plot of hers to get all her enemies in one place, maybe? Maybe she wants to somehow show the horde how weak Thrall and Saurfang have gotten? And what their "honor" leads to? I don't know. Seems like a stretch. Or she might need Thrall for something else, like managing the elements around Nazjatar after Azshara is defeated.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-05-18 at 03:53 AM.

That's the only thing that makes any sense. Someone(not necessarily Sylv) wanted to provoke Thrall out of hiding.

Who stands to gain by this:

Saurfang. By bringing Thrall back into the horde it reinforces Saurfang's faction both from an ethical and physical standpoint.

The Alliance. Having Thrall back in the horde would not only undermine Sylvanas, but simultaneously stabilize more rational and honorable horde factions. Anduin already released Saurfang, so maybe someone like Matthias Shaw could hire mercs to lead Saurfang to Thrall as well as prod Thrall out of hiding.

Sylvanas. Some weird plot of hers to get all her enemies in one place, maybe? Maybe she wants to somehow show the horde how weak Thrall and Saurfang have gotten? And what their "honor" leads to? I don't know. Seems like a stretch. Or she might need Thrall for something else, like managing the elements around Nazjatar after Azshara is defeated.
    I personally find it hard it would be Saurfang given how honor bound he is shown so far. Such underhand tactics does not seems to his M.O.

Anduin does not seem the type. Shaw might but would he do something like this without Anduin permission? There is also the fact the assassins seems to be Undead. Are there independent Murder Inc around? I do not know.

So it leads back to the Sylvanas. I think she wants Thrall back out and possibly lead the Horde. Why? I think Sylvanas has a bigger plan and that does not include the Horde. The war is simply a path towards that. At some point she will step away from the Horde on her personal quest and someone will need to lead the Horde after her departure. The quests involving tracking back her in Legion shows she has a personal agenda. I personally think she is seeking immortality, maybe even godhood.

This is all just speculation on my part.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well it could have been a lot worse. They gave a fight to Thrall and Saurfang is a true veteran, So if they had sent 4 or 5 assassins they would been chumped before Thrall could have his little duel so for Forsaken fans, consider only 2 a blessing otherwise they would have been rendered a lot more incompetent to give the same result.