Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Austrians. not Australians. One's got sausages, the other has every poisonous animal ever thought up.
    Autocorrect...

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Autocorrect...
    I feel discriminated by autocorrect Well, at least autocorrect doesn't imply i missed lunch like i'm sure it does with @Flarelaine .

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    As much as i am against child indoctrination,how the heck is anyone going to enforce that?its like usa anti sodomy laws that still exist in some states lol
    You can not enforce it fully, but banning head scarf, burqa, turban, whatever, on kids would be a good start. For Muslims, not allowing kids to fast would be yet another good start. And let me tell you that kids are not even supposed to fast until they are 16-18 according to Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You can not enforce it fully, but banning head scarf, burqa, turban, whatever, on kids would be a good start. For Muslims, not allowing kids to fast would be yet another good start. And let me tell you that kids are not even supposed to fast until they are 16-18 according to Islam.
    I can get behind this, but the problem is, that's not what this law does. It targets only muslim dresses. The kippah is still allowed, there is still a cross in every class room. I'm all for banning religious symbols from school. In my opinion this should have been introduced 100 years ago when the republic was founded and introduced a separation of state and church.

But this law is just there to stick it to the muslims. No other reason.

Good, now the rest of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    How are they a light when they infringe on freedom of religion?
    Religious people are nothing else than a guests of country. I mean, if they come from other countries that it's not a main religion of that country where they reside. If country brings laws, they have to respect it. You are not more or less religious if you are having a piece of cloth on you or not. Being religious is in the brain (or soul), not in the fabric.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    So you don't support school uniform I take it?
    The state does not impose school uniforms, the schools are the ones who decide that. Notice how you don't go to jail or get fined by the government for violating a uniform code...

Not that I am a fan of silly things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A lot of people in this thread really don't like Muslims I take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    When what they wearing is a symbol of religious indoctrination and oppression then the state should get involved. These are children, told and taught from a very young age that they will burn in hell for disobeying. Religious laws can not be allowed supersede state laws, in any post dark ages society.
    Should the government kick in the door and tear off crucifixes and yarmulkes?

Should it send people to jail for baptising their babies?

Maybe it should force people to pick secular names for their children instead of Christian ones like John and Mary?

I don't support the use of state force to impose a dress code on society, secular OR religious.

And there are no laws requiring the headscarf in Austria, if there were I'd oppose them too. Obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Good! Finally a country that isn't afraid of that barbaric religion.
    Ironically, these kinds of bans are specifically motivated by Islamophobia, so they're evidence that the country IS afraid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I can get behind this, but the problem is, that's not what this law does. It targets only muslim dresses. The kippah is still allowed, there is still a cross in every class room. I'm all for banning religious symbols from school. In my opinion this should have been introduced 100 years ago when the republic was founded and introduced a separation of state and church.

+1
    Either forbid all (which I am fine with) or none.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Yea, this is discrimination in its most obvious form.

Ps. the amount of people cheering for discrimination against Muslims in this thread makes me fears for the future of the western hemisphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Yea, this is discrimination in its most obvious form.

Ps. the amount of people cheering for discrimination against Muslims in this thread makes me fears for the future of the western hemisphere.
    You should fear for future of western hemisphere because of certain backward cult that is known for oppresing women,homosexuals and other religions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Ironically, these kinds of bans are specifically motivated by Islamophobia, so they're evidence that the country IS afraid of it.
    Thats like saying that allies in ww2 were suffering from Naziphobia opposing evil ideologies does not mean that you are afraid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    You should fear for future of western hemisphere because of certain backward cult that is known for oppresing women,homosexuals and other religions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats like saying that allies in ww2 were suffering from Naziphobia opposing evil ideologies does not mean that you are afraid of them.
    Wow, that's the godwin of the day nazi-avatar-guy.

So muslims took over Austria established a sharia state, are opening death camps, and everyone has to wear headscarfs?

Your fearmongering doesn't help anybody.

I agree. Partial target is harassment. I have stated that already in my previous post.

It’s almost like Austria is banning something that oppresses women....

Europeans are awfully passive-aggressive about things.

Instating the fashion police in the hopes that it makes the brown people go away is the height of hypocritical idiocy.

"We don't like the values we feel this piece of cloth communicates because we think it tells women what they can and can't wear, so in order to combat it we're telling women what they definitely can and can't wear."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Wow, that's the godwin of the day nazi-avatar-guy.

So muslims took over Austria established a sharia state, are opening death camps, and everyone has to wear headscarfs?

Your fearmongering doesn't help anybody.
    Thats rich from slav hating bigot. Oh wait you are austrian? Hitler was too and he also hated slavs. Really makes you think,eh?

Where did I claim that they took over Austria,established sharia and blablabla?

Funny how you are thinking about muslims when I mentioned oppresion of women,homosexuals and other religions. Is there a reason for that maybe? Maybe because its a fact ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    It’s almost like Austria is banning something that oppresses women....
    By oppressing women. Yeah, that works great.

By oppressing women. Yeah, that works great.
    I bet you’re the type who thinks it by freeing slaves were opressing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Thats rich from slav hating bigot. Oh wait you are austrian? Hitler was too and he also hated slavs. Really makes you think,eh?

Where did I claim that they took over Austria,established sharia and blablabla?

Funny how you are thinking about muslims when I mentioned oppresion of women,homosexuals and other religions. Is there a reason for that maybe? Maybe because its a fact ?
    It's always nice to get called a bigot by someone who proudly presents their nazi symbols. Thanks for the confirmation of ... well everything. Yep, Hitler was an Austrian (though technically only until 1922, but nevermind, i don't need to bend history in a way it fits my personal narrative).

Why do i know it's about islam. Well, maybe because you're one of these racists that bash on islam every chance they get? Or maybe because you posted in a thread which has been about islam for abougt 500 posts? We'll never know.

Just stick to your fearmongering nazi-symbol-guy. Just remember how it turned out last time your ilk prosecuted a religion.