10+ Year Old Account

Those "Death Spectre" models.

I'm calling them that because honestly, I don't know what else to call em. Wraiths? Shades? There's always been creatures like that, but it isnt until recently that we've seen new models for em.

I'm sort of surprised no one has talked about them that much. In my opinion, they are the single most telling proof about what direction Blizzard is going story-wise. Something Death-related is building up, and has been building up for a while. In my opinion, the existence of these models -- meaning more than the usual effort and use of Blizzard resources-- indicates that these models have been developed for future content and are currently being used in everything that is pointing towards that future content.

The ones that attack you when you're on Voljin's spirit quest have some spooky things to say, too.
    Trying to find a picture of them without succes sofar. If anyone knows the ones I'm talking about and has an image, please do share.

What do you think?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I felt the same way, It's pretty telling. I have an idea but it might be stupid, The cloaked figures on the alter of the storms, the dark portal, a few other things.. the ones with the giant swords? Maybe a connection there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Updated: Wrong topic, sorry about that.

The model appears to be the new "Shade" model, meaning they're basically supposed to be ghosts or ghostly manifestations of a kind. Given the model I assume they're servants of whatever force is behind Vol'jin's state now.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-05-16 at 03:41 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think they're supposed to be Forsaken Rogues, but I have said there is something "off" or strange about them all the same. Unsure if this was just how they chose to represent an undead being in a fully-rendered cinematic (as it's been some time since we've seen that), if there's something else going on with these two assassins in specific. They don't look like standard wraiths or shades as we see them in-game - they're definitely wearing Rogue/Assassin type armor and bearing the weapons expected (complete with poison based on how they attack Saurfang). They are definitely full corporeal as well.
    Ehm. This is not about cinematics. He want speak about ingame Shade models from Vol'jin questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Ehm. This is not about cinematics. He want speak about ingame Shade models from Vol'jin questline.
    Ah, sorry - seems I got my wires crossed. Nevermind me, then.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288477/...w-ghost-models
    You mean these? Yeah, its not typical for Blizz to just randomly update models just for a questline, unless its building up to something bigger where the models will be used more. shadowlands/death is one of the most likely themes for the new xpac.
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-05-17 at 01:14 AM.

People has been speaking about this new spectres since the 8.1 release and clearly blizzard is building up a death theme expansion with all the omens we are getting in bfa and I am not talking about just dealing with the leftlovers of the scourge, the Shadowlands content is coming at some point because it's one of the few places that could be his own expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=288477/...w-ghost-models
    You mean these? Yeah, its not typical for Blizz to just randomly update models just for a questline, unless its building up to something bigger where the models will be used more. shadowlands/death is one of the most likely themes for the new xpac.
    Yeaaah, those are the ones.
    I'm curious about the lock dangling on their chest. That usually implies emprisonment / servitude.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I surmise that these models will be heavily used throughout the shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    People has been speaking about this new spectres since the 8.1 release and clearly blizzard is building up a death theme expansion with all the omens we are getting in bfa and I am not talking about just dealing with the leftlovers of the scourge, the Shadowlands content is coming at some point because it's one of the few places that could be his own expansion.
    after tbc 2.0 obvious it would be wtlk 2.0, they just schedule mop2.0 before for the extra drama

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    after tbc 2.0 obvious it would be wtlk 2.0, they just schedule mop2.0 before for the extra drama
    Yeah also WoD 2.0 is incoming with the lightbound, man sometimes I wonder what is really happening in the offices of blizzard
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Yeah also WoD 2.0 is incoming with the lightbound, man sometimes I wonder what is really happening in the offices of blizzard
    Well, they will have to take Khadgar out of the storage at some point since they are killing some characters and doing a usual piss-poor job at replacing them. WoD 2.0 would be a perfect opportunity for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, they will have to take Khadgar out of the storage at some point since they are killing some characters and doing a usual piss-poor job at replacing them. WoD 2.0 would be a perfect opportunity for that.
    I will laugh so hard if most of the sons of lothar are dead by WoD 2.0 and Khadgar is alive because he went afk in Karazhan and never came back until the dark portal opened at his neighborhood